Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Full bolt on 5.0 vs mild bolt on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still feel that you can educate someone without ridiculing them. I truly think that MAC understands the concept. He is simply trying to make a correlation between "boost" and N/A cubic inches. I get where he is coming from.
If he does not understand, than explaining it to him would be nice but without making fun of him would be even better. After all, this forum is LS1"Tech". A place where we ask questions and get answers.

Last edited by MACHXLR8; 09-20-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
I still feel that you can educate someone without ridiculing them. I truly think that MAC understands the concept. He is simply trying to make a correlation between "boost" and N/A cubic inches. I get where he is coming from.
If he does not understand, than explaining it to him would be nice but without making fun of him would be even better. After all, this forum is LS1"Tech". A place where we ask questions and get annswers.
There is sections on the site to "learn" and get tech advice SRK is not one of them... He does it over and over again he's too hard headed and thinks he's right on every subject, there is a difference on wanting to learn vs being hard headed and learning the hard way
Old 09-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sickness7

I took metallurgy.. was the easiest course I ever took. I am a welder though and is my passion.

After reading the replies I think the course about properties would be correct. Covering hardness, effects of heat/cold on different metals, etc , etc.
Yea that's it. It was very intriguing and the instructor was cool as hell. He let us use our books for the first test and the 2nd test was we got to pick our own 3 man team to do it. Only had 2 tests and he said he rather us understand the math and learn to be team players bc once you get your job thats how its gonna work. Plus you'll have SOPs to help you to and many different people are gonna check your work.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, SRK is the wrong section to try and learn automotive tech.
Old 09-20-2014, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Heater
Yeah, SRK is the wrong section to try and learn automotive tech.
Imagine if you combined a Hole-saw and a 2V in SRK? It would dominate every thing!
Old 09-20-2014, 06:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Lawhead
There is sections on the site to "learn" and get tech advice SRK is not one of them... He does it over and over again he's too hard headed and thinks he's right on every subject, there is a difference on wanting to learn vs being hard headed and learning the hard way
Yeah...I see your point about happening over and over again. Some of the comments towards MAC are pretty rough. I have to hand it to him though for having thick skin and coming back for more.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by machxlr8

yeah...i see your point about happening over and over again. Some of the comments towards mac are pretty rough. I have to hand it to him though for having thick skin and coming back for more.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Imagine if you combined a Hole-saw and a 2V in SRK? It would dominate every thing!

Holy ****, that had me laughing!
Old 09-20-2014, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Dam' Kettle, you're being rather harsh on Pot... besides, who the **** made you sheriff of this here thread?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OVA1
Dam' Kettle, you're being rather harsh on Pot... besides, who the **** made you sheriff of this here thread?
I think Lawhead's response was directed at what I had previously posted. It was my bad.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 478 Likes on 375 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
I don't think there are enough holesaws in the world to make a 2v fast. Might get one in the 13's though.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I don't think there are enough holesaws in the world to make a 2v fast. Might get one in the 13's though.
Been done stock homie
Old 09-21-2014, 12:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 207 Likes on 146 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Gt4urass
Been done stock homie
In mine shaft air going down hill.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
I still feel that you can educate someone without ridiculing them. I truly think that MAC understands the concept. He is simply trying to make a correlation between "boost" and N/A cubic inches. I get where he is coming from. If he does not understand, than explaining it to him would be nice but without making fun of him would be even better. After all, this forum is LS1"Tech". A place where we ask questions and get answers.
You're very nice and considerate, Gary, but he has thrown insults to other posters far too many times (when dead wrong) to cut him slack. The only way he can learn is the hard way, and he's proven it. How long can we all be overly cordial and break **** down to a guy who calls us idiots for knowing the correct way/information? He gets uber defensive and spends more time arguing than absorbing the correct info.

Last edited by snake95; 09-21-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
In mine shaft air going down hill.
Valid. But still possible
Old 09-21-2014, 01:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by snake95
You're very nice and considerate, Gary, but he has thrown insults to other posters far too many times (when dead wrong) to cut him slack. The only way he can learn is the hard way, and he's proven it. How long can we all be overly cordial and break **** down to a guy who calls us idiots for knowing the correct way/information? He gets uber defensive and spends more time arguing that absorbing the correct info.
Perfect description of the "SLOTH" right there.

I also find it retarded he occasionally talks about doing a turbo build on here when he supposedly makes $1k/mo. Even if he moved to VW and got paid more, proper turbo builds aren't cheap. It is either never going to happen, or he is going to live with his daddy forever - in which case, grow the **** up, dude.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Perfect description of the "SLOTH" right there. I also find it retarded he occasionally talks about doing a turbo build on here when he supposedly makes $1k/mo. Even if he moved to VW and got paid more, proper turbo builds aren't cheap. It is either never going to happen, or he is going to live with his daddy forever - in which case, grow the **** up, dude.
Sloth!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
You're very nice and considerate, Gary, but he has thrown insults to other posters far too many times (when dead wrong) to cut him slack. The only way he can learn is the hard way, and he's proven it. How long can we all be overly cordial and break **** down to a guy who calls us idiots for knowing the correct way/information? He gets uber defensive and spends more time arguing than absorbing the correct info.

I saw how little he knew about cars and that he said stupid stuff, so I just filed him in the same category as Automach and ignored him; until he had to bring me into one of his stupid posts and insult me. I went off on him and put him on my "ignore list" and asked him to put me on his "ignore list".
Old 09-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
n/a 2vs have been much quicker then your ls6 camero.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by automach1
n/a 2vs have been much quicker then your ls6 camero.
13.9 ls6?

Quick Reply: Full bolt on 5.0 vs mild bolt on ls1