Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Full bolt on 5.0 vs mild bolt on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Wes_33
Grand National/Regal T's are cool cars with great collector value (probably the best from any 1980's car aside from the '89 T-T/A) with performance stats respectable for their era. However, they have been a bit blown out of porpotion by many. People seem to think they're 12-second cars from the factory. In reality, they were bottom 14-second cars @ 98-100mph traps. The rarer GN-X averaged in the mid to high 13's, but only 500 cars built. It takes a bit more than a "chip" to get one of those up to par with most of today's performance vehicles.

With that said, I would love to have a '87 T-type with the "WE4" package sitting in my driveway someday.
We all kNow that you aren't buying **** all, Redfire.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:23 PM
7 Second Club

Received 316 Likes on 245 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I feel left out of your sig islander....lol
I'm sad that you aren't in it.

Originally Posted by willizm
turbo's and e85 is for pansy's

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Its for people who don't know how to build a "proper" NA setup.
troofs^^^!
Old 09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Grand National/Regal T's are cool cars with great collector value (probably the best from any 1980's car aside from the '89 T-T/A) with performance stats respectable for their era. However, they have been a bit blown out of porpotion by many. People seem to think they're 12-second cars from the factory. In reality, they were bottom 14-second cars @ 98-100mph traps. The rarer GN-X averaged in the mid to high 13's, but only 500 cars built. It takes a bit more than a "chip" to get one of those up to par with most of today's performance vehicles.

With that said, I would love to have a '87 T-type with the "WE4" package sitting in my driveway someday.

No such car as an 87 t type troll. 86 was only year of the t type. Fyi in 87 you could get the turbo package in any model regal. There are actually black TRs that were not GNs too
Old 09-24-2014, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
No such car as an 87 t type troll. 86 was only year of the t type. Fyi in 87 you could get the turbo package in any model regal. There are actually black TRs that were not GNs too
They were called "Turbo T" instead of T-type.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
What's up with the name calling man? Troll? Wow, you guys sure do try hard to deter new members. As for who I am or might be, ask a moderator to verify. The name calling over the internet isn't cool though. Your local it looks like, you can express your feelings about me in person. PM me if you please.

Hammer, enough of that redfire ****. Moderators may need to sort this one out I see.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:34 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

What's up with the name calling man? Troll? Wow, you guys sure do try hard to deter new members. As for who I am or might be, ask a moderator to verify. The name calling over the internet isn't cool though. Your local it looks like, you can express your feelings about me in person. PM me if you please.

Hammer, enough of that redfire ****. Moderators may need to sort this one out I see.
I may have missed it, but did you ever post up any pics of your car(s)?

And I see so many owners refer to the '87s as "T-type's" that it just stuck in my head.

http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1987/buick/regal
On The Tree

So who are you Wes?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by islander033
I may have missed it, but did you ever post up any pics of your car(s)?
I will gladly post pics of my recently purchased '01 SS as soon as I get off work tonight. Right now I'm in my DD.

I will post pics with my screen name and "LS1Tech". What's in it for me? What are you going to do for me in return?
Old 09-24-2014, 05:45 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

I will gladly post pics of my recently purchased '01 SS as soon as I get off work tonight. Right now I'm in my DD.

I will post pics with my screen name and "LS1Tech". What's in it for me? What are you going to do for me in return?
I'll ***** out moar pics of my carz.

PS. Wes_33 doesn't like to be called a troll but ain't interested in proving that he ain't. lol
Old 09-24-2014, 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ZNix
They were called "Turbo T" instead of T-type.

I probably know more them than all y'all bitches and I'm a Ford guy
Old 09-24-2014, 06:09 PM

I'll ***** out moar pics of my carz.

PS. Wes_33 doesn't like to be called a troll but ain't interested in proving that he ain't. lol
Truth is, I couldn't care less about seeing your Poopstang. They do nothing for me. If I want to see a Mustang I can go right across the street to the local women's hair salon. There's like 5 female employee's there that drive one. Lol

I was thinking more along the of you posting a pic with a sign over your head that reads, "I'm a dumb ***".

You too Hammer, Mike Morris, Heater!
Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

Truth is, I couldn't care less about seeing your Poopstang. They do nothing for me. If I want to see a Mustang I can go right across the street to the local women's hair salon. There's like 5 female employee's there that drive one. Lol

I was thinking more along the of you posting a pic with a sign over your head that reads, "I'm a dumb ***".

This clown has potential to join Hio's Crew
Old 09-24-2014, 06:26 PM
7 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Haha! Redfire confirmed right der. ^^^

Get yer troll on whilst you can brah. You probably won't be around much longer.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:29 PM

Haha! Redfire confirmed right der. ^^^

Get yer troll on whilst you can brah. You probably won't be around much longer.
Be prepared to look retarded. Tty soon.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Heater
This clown has potential to join Hio's Crew
It takes serious ***** to call someone a clown behind a keyboard.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Patiently waiting for pics
Old 09-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The women's hair salon thing had me laughing. Funny **** right der!
Old 09-24-2014, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

****** Redfire.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I would like for you to run me just how you drive it everyday. I think that's fair for any run. No bullshit involved that way either.

Any changes you make to run someone just creates bullshit. If want 100 octane for "safety" then your tune is to hot.....back it off and deal with losing or have enough ***** to blow your **** to prove your point. If you think race gas is cool and awesome......then ride with that **** erryday. Pay the price and man up.

That's the way it is imo.......but that's called integrity

Not really.....fuel change required.
Well, in my cars case, the PD blower with back to back runs starts to creep the IAT's a good bit up. Still had the stock heat exchanger on the car. My IAT limit was set to start pulling timing @ 130 degrees. I just didn't want detonation to have a better chance of happening with the additional IAT heat. Just a safety measure.. not saying it NEEDED it... but I did it just to feel better about it. The car made no more power and ran no quicker with the higher octane fuel in the car. So it was still Kill mode regardless... didn't change.

I had plans to upgrade the heat exchanger and IAT temps would not have been an issue after that.

Quick Reply: Full bolt on 5.0 vs mild bolt on ls1