Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Every thing about the newer engines is more precise to help contribute to emissions and power.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by PA94Z
LOL even the Hammers tuner thinks the 302 is better...

My bolt on LT1 used to get beat up on by a mild fox body.. he was 60 footing 1.7's and trapping 101 in the 1/4 Those old mustangs can be nasty off the line.

I think Snake has the win here. That Formula is nice though - don't find a lot of clean turd gens.
A mild fox body could be 600lb lighter than your lt car. Even at that a bolt on lt should be more than a match for one of its right.
Originally Posted by big hammer
i'm surprised that nobody makes a cheap tpi throttle body.
What about lt tb's? I have read where lt intakes can work too.
Originally Posted by ZNix
Can't you hog those things out and make a mono oval blade?
This....I've done said that.
I dunno it looks like stock eliminator is restricted to the stock crank and allows for a +.015 offset grind.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...tor-283-chevy/
Yep very strict rules. I know a guy that raced se and held some records over the years. Him and his brother bought a new javelin in 1969 and still race it to this day. I may see him on Saturday. The rules are very strict and they will tear those cars down. You're probably not getting away with any bore/stroke unless you are losing.
Originally Posted by Lawhead
You really think them guys follow the rules ? Look at their cars, it's all about bending the rules in SE and all the trick stuff they do....
Sure they try to get by with what they can. The guy I know has been tore down and dq'd before to. If you set a record they are goin to tear you down more than likely.
Originally Posted by snake95
Why didn't the General use their 302 for the third gens? Bigger bore, better for more RPMs due to shorter stroke and less shrouding of the valves, they already had the design...
The whole bore thing is not that bid a deal as you think.......probably nothing at the 300-400 power level. You furd guys are mostly trying to discredit the 305......which has a bigger bore than any furd v8 since 1996. What you find in hp from the big bore short stroke combo you give up in tq from the smaller bore/long stroke combo.

In somewhat mild h/c street cars than neither is looking to turn much over 6000~rpm the one with more tq should win with weight/gearing being close.

I personally would spin that 305 to 7k And watch hearts break if the ecm can take it. If not then put a ecm in it.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Dude, from one man to another, grow the **** up. I asked hammer a simple question about why they went with 305 and not 302, he answered like a civil human being and another word wasn't said about it.

You come in here with your little man's syndrome dripping off of your body and immediately take a defensive position as if I insulted the 305 in any way. I asked a simple question, and another (non little man's syndrome having) man answered. Re-read my question to hammer and please point out any area where I was discrediting anything.

I swear to God you're not capable of simple day-to-day communication. This is why you're laughed at...DAILY.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
A mild fox body could be 600lb lighter than your lt car. Even at that a bolt on lt should be more than a match for one of its right.

What about lt tb's? I have read where lt intakes can work too.

This....I've done said that.

Yep very strict rules. I know a guy that raced se and held some records over the years. Him and his brother bought a new javelin in 1969 and still race it to this day. I may see him on Saturday. The rules are very strict and they will tear those cars down. You're probably not getting away with any bore/stroke unless you are losing.

Sure they try to get by with what they can. The guy I know has been tore down and dq'd before to. If you set a record they are goin to tear you down more than likely.

The whole bore thing is not that bid a deal as you think.......probably nothing at the 300-400 power level. You furd guys are mostly trying to discredit the 305......which has a bigger bore than any furd v8 since 1996. What you find in hp from the big bore short stroke combo you give up in tq from the smaller bore/long stroke combo.

In somewhat mild h/c street cars than neither is looking to turn much over 6000~rpm the one with more tq should win with weight/gearing being close.

I personally would spin that 305 to 7k And watch hearts break if the ecm can take it. If not then put a ecm in it.
The stock ECM starts to poop out after 5500. I plan on going over 6000 though. 7000 would probably require an LS1 ecu and cool packs
Old 10-29-2014, 03:36 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like snake's problem is he has a chip on his shoulder......you got ******* issues to act like that after a simple post that made great points. Now stfu you drama queen broken hearted teenage girl.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

The stock ECM starts to poop out after 5500. I plan on going over 6000 though. 7000 would probably require an LS1 ecu and cool packs
Hei's should do fine to 7k as far as the ignition goes. I didn't know if the ecm had a hard limit on the old tpi stuff.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like snake's problem is he has a chip on his shoulder......you got ******* issues to act like that after a simple post that made great points. Now stfu you drama queen broken hearted teenage girl.
I expected nothing less than this after you made a complete *** out of yourself. You're just embarrassed that I called you on it, no biggie.

If hammer thought I was discrediting it, don't you think he would have said something? Stop talking before you look even dumber.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Staging Lane

Hammer, you running aftermarket ECU and ignition now, too?
Old 10-29-2014, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn still snake/hio wars?? I thought that ended a page or more ago...
Old 10-29-2014, 04:06 PM
Staging Lane

I asked a simple question to someone else and somehow he thinks he has to respond. Dude thinks he's way more important than he actually is...(cue Hio telling us how many PMs he has from people )
Old 10-29-2014, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Hei's should do fine to 7k as far as the ignition goes. I didn't know if the ecm had a hard limit on the old tpi stuff.
I guess the ECU has a hard time figuring out wtf Is going on over 5500
Old 10-29-2014, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Hammer, you running aftermarket ECU and ignition now, too?
Not unless I absolutely have to.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

I expected nothing less than this after you made a complete *** out of yourself. You're just embarrassed that I called you on it, no biggie.

If hammer thought I was discrediting it, don't you think he would have said something? Stop talking before you look even dumber.
Don't act like you and the 5.bros haven't been calling the 305 a boat anchor!
Old 10-29-2014, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is a boat anchor though.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:20 PM
10 Second Club

I asked a simple question to someone else and somehow he thinks he has to respond. Dude thinks he's way more important than he actually is...(cue Hio telling us how many PMs he has from people )
Lol at this bullshit. You have serious issues. No go away while the men talk cars.
No reason to really. Hell I would do a ecm change before the heads. No use in running 1980's ecm tech with 2000+ head tech.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

Oh, I just thought the 305 engine itself was capable of outdoing a 5.slow, with just engine mods and gears. I didn't know it was an entire system overhaul. I'll be running stock ECU and stock dizzy with a stock coil
Old 10-29-2014, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Damn still snake/hio wars?? I thought that ended a page or more ago...
Snake has a serious chip on his shoulder. I made a great point and he goes of the deep end cause his pea brain can't handle a real thought process.

if you noticed I was being very nice......still am. That really gets under his skin......lol
Old 10-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

if you noticed I was being very nice......still am. That really gets under his skin......lol
Hio...just...
...like
are you all there? Like, honestly?
Old 10-29-2014, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Yep.....and your a joke.
Old 10-29-2014, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That fox ran 12.9 - 13.0 and trapped 101. It was all in the first 330 ft. Pretty cool to see that. Ran good for the power it had.

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!