Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

I edited my second post on the first page snake pertaining to the rules if you wanted to check it out.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Firstly, if you were being harmless and not a dick like your post suggested, I apologize for the misunderstanding. It wasn't 408, it was why87 who constantly has a chip on his shoulder. He asked if I was gonna complain over the THREE CUBIC INCHES hammer has on me. A question like that is just a bitch question trying to instigate.

I don't like corrected times, because there's more to it than DA correcting. The car in better DA could also be racing in much cooler weather and have a harder time getting traction, I like the idea of you ran what you ran. It's unfortunate hammer is so far from a 1/4 track. I'll entertain the idea of doing 1/8 times.
Oh my ******* goddd could you cry more? It's sarcasm sugar, get over yourself. I could not care less about the outcome of this.

If you want to talk about a chip on the shoulder, look at how you constantly go after Hio for nothing

The E-***** formula is becoming increasingly evident with you. 1/***** size=E-*****. (again, sarcasm. Please don't write a long winded post in response.)

I'm still in for this, should be a pretty good shootout.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

So, with it being "screet cars" is this a street tire only race or drag radials?
Old 10-26-2014, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by why87
So, with it being "screet cars" is this a street tire only race or drag radials?
You're gay.

But I wanna use my mickeys at the track!
Old 10-26-2014, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see where y'all are coming from then. Just a friendly competition between a GM 305 & a Ford 302. I really like the idea a lot, it's gonna be fun for you two and for us who are watching on the sidelines.

I was just skeptical for a second cause like you said Hammer, "who the **** builds 305s?" Hahaha. And same usually goes for a stock cubed SBF 302.

I remember when I was first getting into building engines; the first engine I wanted to build was an 87-93 5.0 out of the fox bodies. But after during research on them, most people were barely getting their HCI 302s into the low to mid 11s. And that's exactly when I started doing research on LS series engines and ended up here instead lol.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:07 PM
TECH Regular

The base 305s were pretty much boat anchors, the HO cars seem to run alright. It's unfortunate that they didn't put manuals in the 350 cars. The 305 HO I drove was more fun than the 350/auto combo.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I see where y'all are coming from then. Just a friendly competition between a GM 305 & a Ford 302. I really like the idea a lot, it's gonna be fun for you two and for us who are watching on the sidelines. I was just skeptical for a second cause like you said Hammer, "who the **** builds 305s?" Hahaha. And same usually goes for a stock cubed SBF 302. I remember when I was first getting into building engines; the first engine I wanted to build was an 87-93 5.0 out of the fox bodies. But after during research on them, most people were barely getting their HCI 302s into the low to mid 11s. And that's exactly when I started doing research on LS series engines and ended up here instead lol.
The other thing with small cube motors is people are afraid to put the proper sized head on them. There are still guys on corral.net BUYING 165cc heads for stroker motors. It seems this is the case for 99% of 8.2 Ford builds, and I totally understand building on a budget, but the guys who buy parts NEW for the whole motor, and they're tiny, those are the guys giving 302s (and presumably 305s) a bad name.

Hammer, I looked at the rules, they look good to me. No rear seat removal/chassis part swapping sound good to you? My only WR will be from the weight that aluminum heads and other mods drop from the car naturally. I guess the only way to make this even enjoyable is if I agree to 1/8th mile. What fun would it be waiting months for you to maybe get to a 1/4 track...
Old 10-26-2014, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
I offered to old man mike to enter his C4, as long as he keeps the TPI.
Sweet........I may have found a 84 Z28 5 speed. it's carbed though and the guy wants a little to much for it. I'll low ball him and see what happens....lol
oh and hio I did originally challenge Snake to a bolt on show down,

but he said his heads are too shitty.

so I offered a cam only show down...

but he said his heads were too shitty.

so now i'm building an entire engine.
I thought it was bolt-on originally. It didn't take long for snake to concede the 305 was better and he needs heads
I don't need to run 10s to feel good about my car, just improving it enough to have a fun cruiser is enough. A lot of people get hung up on very fast quarter times after reading online street racing sections. Eventually running 11s with a good launch is good enough for me. I like fox bodies and having a good sounding one that runs 11s reliably is enough.

Parts for 302s are cheap...they are the SBC of the Ford world.
So hang on here.....you make constant fun of me for running very bottom 11's........and now high 11's is your goal
I don't really care about the money too much. winters are long and cold here, it gives me something to do. rather than buying new snowmobiles now I buy a car and play with it. a new sled is $15,000 and you lose nearly $4000 on it in one year. so i'm doing this instead.

snake and I have been arguing about the 305\302 garbage for months so this will be great. I don't really plan on spending much more than $2000 on the engine. parts are cheap. I just ordered a stealth ram intake new for $200...

would the money be better going to make a real car fast? sure.. but that's not the point. this Is a competition most people here can relate to, plus there's not a pile of really fast cars around here. my bolt on only LS1 build already cleaned up. I think this will be fun.
Snake is fucked
This.

I'm with you hammer, I won't have much more that 2k in it, and heads will be the majority of that. I'm reusing a lot of stuff from the coupe and I make my own things like cold air intake, port intake plenums, etc.
So wait a minute snake.......all the **** you give me for making my/modding own parts and you're gonna do that now.......hhhhhhmmmm
I see where y'all are coming from then. Just a friendly competition between a GM 305 & a Ford 302. I really like the idea a lot, it's gonna be fun for you two and for us who are watching on the sidelines.

I was just skeptical for a second cause like you said Hammer, "who the **** builds 305s?" Hahaha. And same usually goes for a stock cubed SBF 302.

I remember when I was first getting into building engines; the first engine I wanted to build was an 87-93 5.0 out of the fox bodies. But after during research on them, most people were barely getting their HCI 302s into the low to mid 11s. And that's exactly when I started doing research on LS series engines and ended up here instead lol.
Well it seems you have the best of your worlds now......a ls1 in a Mustang.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:28 PM
Staging Lane

Hio, I tried to be civil with you, really I did.

You've never seen me make fun of you for modding your own parts, to me - modding own parts is different from hacking **** up for WR, or removing air bags lmfao.

Next point - my car will be a stock block car with only engine and driveshaft/gears mods on it. Not a 15 year project race car with a motor swap (higher compression, better heads and cam than stock not to mention your rockers which aren't bolt ons) FP tranny, cut hood hinges, extensive WR, you get the point.

Lastly, little buddy, I smack you around because you constantly harass everyone on here about their "improper" builds like you are some modding God, when in reality, for the time you have in your car, and its weight, and HP, and lastly mph, low 11s isn't good. I'll be shooting for 11s with less power in a heavier car once it's dialed in, which won't be the first few times by a long shot, no FP tranny or cut up ****, oh yeah, in a motor that was designed in the 60s.

Hammer is more than capable of writing his own responses, but you vicariously want to live through him on this one because it's your one chance to feel like you've beat me in any engagement we've ever had on here
Old 10-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Hio why didn't you respond to my post in BS thread? I think we know why
Old 10-26-2014, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

yep....snake is delusional. Just look at him reaching for airbags. Something his car don't even have. If he thought they were so important after his bad accident then he would have bought a car with airbags.

Downplay much.......just don't forget you didn't want to do this with bolt-ons after all the smack you talked about 302's presumably dragging 305's around.

Shooting for 11's and running bottom 11's are completely different.

I have been civil with you.....you started out not being civil. I have only point out **** you bitch about but now is all of a sudden accepted by you.

I beat you all the time.....It's not even hard to do. You are young and very inexperienced in comparison to me. The only thing you can do is spout **** and whine about what I do. And from the looks of your posts cry about the short comings of your mustang.

Yes some people do **** fucked up......just the way it is. I.....and others have more than proved and provided the information for them to mod the car in a appropriate manor. As I have said the information is out there and easily accessible to make these fcars go.

Bottoms 11@ 130 isn't good? Cool.....well tell me just how fast you think a bolt-on ls6 should go???? I really want you to answer that.

The rockers were bolt-ons for years with fox bodies.....now all of a sudden they're not???
Old 10-26-2014, 11:03 PM
10 Second Club

Hio why didn't you respond to my post in BS thread? I think we know why
Because I have not been in the bs thread.......so apparently you don't know why

What was your question?

be sure you respond to my questions
Old 10-26-2014, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
yep....snake is delusional. Just look at him reaching for airbags. Something his car don't even have. If he thought they were so important after his bad accident then he would have bought a car with airbags. Downplay much.......just don't forget you didn't want to do this with bolt-ons after all the smack you talked about 302's presumably dragging 305's around. Shooting for 11's and running bottom 11's are completely different. I have been civil with you.....you started out not being civil. I have only point out **** you bitch about but now is all of a sudden accepted by you. I beat you all the time.....It's not even hard to do. You are young and very inexperienced in comparison to me. The only thing you can do is spout **** and whine about what I do. And from the looks of your posts cry about the short comings of your mustang. Yes some people do **** fucked up......just the way it is. I.....and others have more than proved and provided the information for them to mod the car in a appropriate manor. As I have said the information is out there and easily accessible to make these fcars go. Bottoms 11@ 130 isn't good? Cool.....well tell me just how fast you think a bolt-on ls6 should go???? I really want you to answer that. The rockers were bolt-ons for years with fox bodies.....now all of a sudden they're not???
Just as I suspected, when outgunned, you try to make your race car sound like something anyone could do in their garage on a weekend.

You've thoroughly embarrassed yourself yet again

I've spelled it out as clearly as I could, if I had an E7 headed car I would gladly do the bolt on thing, I have the one year where they used E6s, and let's not forget, zero part of hammer and my challenge will change the fact 302s drug 305 bumpers off throughout the fox era. You wish it wasn't true so much you are delusional about it.

Wake up, little Dougie. This challenge isn't what you would do with a 305 car and a holesaw.

If you're trapping 130, you should be deep 10s, but I guess you can't drive worth a **** even though you have a faceplated tranny that shifts like a knife through hot butter at WOT.

Modding God for sure How you continue to type after embarrassing yourself day in and day out is an amazing display of persistence, for sure.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:52 PM
10 Second Club

Cool so you think a bolt-on ls6 should go deep in the 10's after saying my times/car/mods are bs. Awesome. You should feel stupid enough about all the **** you have talked now.

So your furd parts won't keep up with a 305 after all the **** you talked about 302's dragging around 305's........check

My car is easy to build, it's not like I had to research what aftermarket heads to use to keep up with a 305.

Hell most do **** way more extreme than me by removing hvac ****, bumber supports, cruise and radio crap. I still have all that. A fp'd tranny is nothing more than a shift kit to a auto. 5-6 gear still there and sycro's, same with reverse. You just want something to cry about.

So now you take pot shots at my driving after totaling your own car??? That's just ******* laughable.

And again....I expect not to hear anything about my air bags or you would have bought a car with air bags after ******* your **** up.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

So what was your question in the bs thread?
Old 10-27-2014, 12:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Sweet........I may have found a 84 Z28 5 speed. it's carbed though and the guy wants a little to much for it. I'll low ball him and see what happens....lol

I thought it was bolt-on originally. It didn't take long for snake to concede the 305 was better and he needs heads
****** sweet on the 84 z\28. carb or N\A... I really think that nobody cares. we would probably all be better off running one.

and LOL on the latter. good point. I really think that bolt on only or cam only the GT loses due to it's shitty stock heads.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:34 AM
10 Second Club

The other thing with small cube motors is people are afraid to put the proper sized head on them. There are still guys on corral.net BUYING 165cc heads for stroker motors. It seems this is the case for 99% of 8.2 Ford builds, and I totally understand building on a budget, but the guys who buy parts NEW for the whole motor, and they're tiny, those are the guys giving 302s (and presumably 305s) a bad name.

Hammer, I looked at the rules, they look good to me. No rear seat removal/chassis part swapping sound good to you? My only WR will be from the weight that aluminum heads and other mods drop from the car naturally. I guess the only way to make this even enjoyable is if I agree to 1/8th mile. What fun would it be waiting months for you to maybe get to a 1/4 track...
I plan on running with a full interior. will take pics as well. it's how I ran my LS1 so why change now.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:03 AM
10 Second Club

You're gay.

But I wanna use my mickeys at the track!
i'll either get some nitto's or use my hoosiers. HATE the stock rims on my formula. they're uglier than a used condom.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:05 AM
10 Second Club

lol i'm going to take detailed pictures the bore size, just in case it runs anything better than mid 14's!

people be like "14.3??? that's a 383 yo!!!"
Old 10-27-2014, 02:16 AM
***Repost Police***

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!