Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

No forced induction, sorry

The point is to have evenly matched cars that should be close, hence the similar displacement and weight of hammer's bird and my stang.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, basically anything goes in terms of the engine as long as it is NA? What about increasing the cubic inches? Is this an option or will neither one of you go this route anyway?

I am curious how this will turn out. Don't forget to post some pics though.

Edit: beat me to it..just saw your post above
Old 10-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
So, basically anything goes in terms of the engine as long as it is NA? What about increasing the cubic inches? Is this an option or will neither one of you go this route anyway? I am curious how this will turn out. Don't forget to post some pics though.
Stock cubes, stock block, and no forced induction. True 302 and 305, not 347 and 350, etc. I think hammer plans on changing some parts of his rotating assembly such as pistons, but mine will be the stock 121k mile block/rotating assembly from 86.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 424 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
Thanks for making an *** out of yourself without even needing me to hand you the noose.

86 was the only year they used the E6 style, they went back to 85 style heads (known as E7) the next year.

It's cute how riled up you're getting. 305 heads suck, too. I just have a much larger selection of good 302 heads than hammer does for 305. He can choose any SBC head he wants

I don't want a DA advantage, it's not my fault he lives so far from a track.

Hammer seems pretty chill and relaxed, why are you so tense little Dougie?
I am relaxed.... I asked a simple question for you to only act like a dick......your first reply in this thread to 408 and you were a dick. The proof is there on you so stop trying to point it toward me.

sure you want the da advantage or you would agree to corrected times. Thete is nothing wrong with that in a friendly competition with 2 guys f r om 2 different areas.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I am relaxed.... I asked a simple question for you to only act like a dick......your first reply in this thread to 408 and you were a dick. The proof is there on you so stop trying to point it toward me. sure you want the da advantage or you would agree to corrected times. Thete is nothing wrong with that in a friendly competition with 2 guys f r om 2 different areas.
Firstly, if you were being harmless and not a dick like your post suggested, I apologize for the misunderstanding. It wasn't 408, it was why87 who constantly has a chip on his shoulder. He asked if I was gonna complain over the THREE CUBIC INCHES hammer has on me. A question like that is just a bitch question trying to instigate.

I don't like corrected times, because there's more to it than DA correcting. The car in better DA could also be racing in much cooler weather and have a harder time getting traction, I like the idea of you ran what you ran. It's unfortunate hammer is so far from a 1/4 track. I'll entertain the idea of doing 1/8 times.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Stock cubes, stock block, and no forced induction. True 302 and 305, not 347 and 350, etc. I think hammer plans on changing some parts of his rotating assembly such as pistons, but mine will be the stock 121k mile block/rotating assembly from 86.
yup. I don't mind others joining in the friendly competition either.

i'll be staying stock CI except maybe a bore job. stock crank and rods. MIGHT do pistons if I have to but that of course is depending on whether I bore it out or not.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I am relaxed.... I asked a simple question for you to only act like a dick......your first reply in this thread to 408 and you were a dick. The proof is there on you so stop trying to point it toward me.

sure you want the da advantage or you would agree to corrected times. Thete is nothing wrong with that in a friendly competition with 2 guys f r om 2 different areas.
I offered to old man mike to enter his C4, as long as he keeps the TPI.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Bore job to what CI? Like a 309 or something?

Depending how worn my cylinders are, that may be something I look into as well.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:53 PM
10 Second Club

Bore job to what CI? Like a 309 or something?

Depending how worn my cylinders are, that may be something I look into as well.
that's kinda where i'm at. if I do bore, it'll be your typical .030 job.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:57 PM
10 Second Club

oh and hio I did originally challenge Snake to a bolt on show down,

but he said his heads are too shitty.

so I offered a cam only show down...

but he said his heads were too shitty.

so now i'm building an entire engine.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by big hammer
oh and hio I did originally challenge Snake to a bolt on show down, but he said his heads are too shitty. so I offered a cam only show down... but he said his heads were too shitty. so now i'm building an entire engine.
Lol I just get no satisfaction from going bolt-on 80s engine slow as my only fun car. I don't have 4 toy cars like you, deep pockets.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Lol I just get no satisfaction from going bolt-on 80s engine slow as my only fun car. I don't have 4 toy cars like you, deep pockets.
I only have 3 cars I sold the LT1.

lol and 80's slow is a real special kind of slow! the powerband of these TPI units is completely upside down of what a performance car should be!
Old 10-26-2014, 09:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh and hio I did originally challenge Snake to a bolt on show down,

but he said his heads are too shitty.

so I offered a cam only show down...

but he said his heads were too shitty.

so now i'm building an entire engine.
I really like the idea of this friendly competition. This will be fun to see how it pans out, and of course all the **** talking that'll be happening haha.

But do you guys think y'all are about to dump a **** ton of money into a couple POS engines?

The bolt on show down would have been cool because that's cheap and easy to do. But building a stock cubed 302 from 86 and a stock cubed 305 from whatever years yours is Hammer; wouldn't it be a waste of money?

Granted, I don't know how cheap parts are for the Ford 302 and GM 305, but I know most people don't build stock cubed 302's and 305's since even when built, they still suck lol.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I really like the idea of this friendly competition. This will be fun to see how it pans out, and of course all the **** talking that'll be happening haha. But do you guys think y'all are about to dump a **** ton of money into a couple POS engines? The bolt on show down would have been cool because that's cheap and easy to do. But building a stock cubed 302 from 86 and a stock cubed 305 from whatever years yours is Hammer; wouldn't it be a waste of money? Granted, I don't know how cheap parts are for the Ford 302 and GM 305, but I know most people don't build stock cubed 302's and 305's since even when built, they still suck lol.
I don't need to run 10s to feel good about my car, just improving it enough to have a fun cruiser is enough. A lot of people get hung up on very fast quarter times after reading online street racing sections. Eventually running 11s with a good launch is good enough for me. I like fox bodies and having a good sounding one that runs 11s reliably is enough.

Parts for 302s are cheap...they are the SBC of the Ford world.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I really like the idea of this friendly competition. This will be fun to see how it pans out, and of course all the **** talking that'll be happening haha.

But do you guys think y'all are about to dump a **** ton of money into a couple POS engines?

The bolt on show down would have been cool because that's cheap and easy to do. But building a stock cubed 302 from 86 and a stock cubed 305 from whatever years yours is Hammer; wouldn't it be a waste of money?

Granted, I don't know how cheap parts are for the Ford 302 and GM 305, but I know most people don't build stock cubed 302's and 305's since even when built, they still suck lol.

I don't really care about the money too much. winters are long and cold here, it gives me something to do. rather than buying new snowmobiles now I buy a car and play with it. a new sled is $15,000 and you lose nearly $4000 on it in one year. so i'm doing this instead.

snake and I have been arguing about the 305\302 garbage for months so this will be great. I don't really plan on spending much more than $2000 on the engine. parts are cheap. I just ordered a stealth ram intake new for $200...

would the money be better going to make a real car fast? sure.. but that's not the point. this Is a competition most people here can relate to, plus there's not a pile of really fast cars around here. my bolt on only LS1 build already cleaned up. I think this will be fun.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If we were interested in saving money we wouldn't be car guys. We do things with money other people think we are ******* retarded for all because we can. That's pretty much what this competition is - to have fun with older technology and see how they can push it. If they wanted to be like everyone else they'd swap their respective newer motors in, but where's the fun in that?
Old 10-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Guitar
If we were interested in saving money we wouldn't be car guys. We do things with money other people think we are ******* retarded for all because we can. That's pretty much what this competition is - to have fun with older technology and see how they can push it. If they wanted to be like everyone else they'd swap their respective newer motors in, but where's the fun in that?
This.

I'm with you hammer, I won't have much more that 2k in it, and heads will be the majority of that. I'm reusing a lot of stuff from the coupe and I make my own things like cold air intake, port intake plenums, etc.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:17 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Guitar
lol yeah. fairly straight forward to put a cammed LQ in one of these cars and have way more power. but that's been done. who the **** builds a 305?? lol
Old 10-26-2014, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

This.

I'm with you hammer, I won't have much more that 2k in it, and heads will be the majority of that. I'm reusing a lot of stuff from the coupe and I make my own things like cold air intake, port intake plenums, etc.
heads will be the biggest thing for me as well. they'll be over a grand alone.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

heads will be the biggest thing for me as well. they'll be over a grand alone.
Same here...puke.

Quick Reply: calling out snake95\ other 5.0's!