Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Few recent murders in the 5bro against 3v and RT

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Few recent murders in the 5bro against 3v and RT

These happened a few weeks apart, but here they are.

So a couple weekends ago it was another boring Saturday night. My friend hit me up and we decided to go cruise around our shitty town in my slow car. We are driving to nowhere at all and I see a Mustang coming my way, thinking nothing of it. Well when he gets next to me he revs. Looked over at my buddy and he said "Time to go fishin" lol so I turned around and took chase.

I was caught behind some Envoy but I could tell the car looked familiar. It has been for sale for a long time at a local dealer. It is that **** green color, no offense I just don't know the color, has a big cowl hood along with black wheels. I can hear he is running Blowmasters from the sound, and I couldn't tell if he had an auto or just sucked at driving.

I didn't catch him until we got out of town onto the highway where he was driving faster than the usual driver. Finally we get to where there are no cars coming and I hear him get on it.

I drop it down to 3rd around 60 and start to pull. And away I go, slingshot Ricky Bobby style around the 3v and hit 4th next to his ear letting him hear the snarl and deafening sound from my Bassani's, continue and hit 5th for a second and shut it off.

I signal that I am turning, hoping he is going to as well and he does. He comes up and says "Man that thing is fast, and sounds amazing!" After some talking we decided to do a dig headed back.

Line them up, I honk it off. We both take off, tires screaming for traction, I hit 2nd and to no avail the tires stay spinning. The 3v is falling behind, though he is fully hooked and booked. Nail 3rd and get a little spin action but my Stig instincts kicked in and I pedaled a time or two and she hooked and went. Like a noob, I get lockout going into 4th (#mt82probs) but get back in it quickly. By this time the 3v is 3-4 cars behind, I nail 5th with the quickness and the 3v starts to fall back even more as I shut off around 140-145.

Turns out the guy had just bought the car that day. He later posted on Facebook saying he was about to sell the new 'Stang because he "got my *** handed to me already twice" in it.

His exhaust, intake and probably tune

Now, for the Charger RT kill

After class Monday I decided to take a little drive to check out the new dragstrip that they had just finished renovating. On my way back, I got behind a red 2013/14 Charger RT at a light, didn't think anything of it. We take off, I do very slowly to not pull any attention towards me from the cop sitting at the intersection.

He is headed the same way I am on a 2 lane and I just cruise by him. The road comes down to a 45mph limit so I down shifted into 5th and when he heard he, he floored it past me for a second then stopped. I wasn't going to speed in this area, so I waited.

It goes back to a 65 and he was driving under that, so I go to pass him in 5th and as soon as I get next to him, he floors it.

I rev-match and drop it down into 3rd and hit it. Car is skating around a little bit and it finally hooks and I start pulling hard. Nail 4th and rev it out a little bit and it kept getting worse so I stopped. Him and his brofriend pull up again smiling ear to ear and check out my car.

My car is simple:
Bassani axle backs
Lethal O/R X
Lund Tune

His car was more than likely stock, I couldn't hear it, especially over my car.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I hear 5.0's are stupid slow and can't beat anything. Stock LT1's should put a couple cars on them from what I've read around here
Old 02-12-2015, 10:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
I hear 5.0's are stupid slow and can't beat anything. Stock LT1's should put a couple cars on them from what I've read around here
No they're alright.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:48 AM
Teching In

I'll gladly take any LT1 stock, or bolts one and take their money all day long.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:07 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

needs the donkey dick cam
Old 02-13-2015, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Its Stock
I'll gladly take any LT1 stock, or bolts one and take their money all day long.
I'll gladly take an LT1 also......in a C7
Old 02-13-2015, 11:45 AM
Teching In

I like text posts. Sometimes I don't feel like watching a video and would rather read. Good kills (although a little bit of a puppy kick both times)
Old 02-13-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Regular

Feel bad for the 3v. Even worse for the Dodge.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
I like text posts. Sometimes I don't feel like watching a video and would rather read. Good kills (although a little bit of a puppy kick both times)
What made me feel even worse about the 3v, was he had just bought the car that day. He posted on Facebook later that he was already ready to sell it because he "got his *** handed to him" haha.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL Good kills. Those RTs apparently run high 13s @ 103-105mph. I would think more along the line of 13.8s to very low 14s @ 103ish.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth
LOL Good kills. Those RTs apparently run high 13s @ 103-105mph. I would think more along the line of 13.8s to very low 14s @ 103ish.
Not bad for just the 5.7 hemi they should be even faster than that with the new 8spd. I can see that car running in the high 12s with just bolt ons since the old 5spds have already done it. Good kills op !
Old 02-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good kills, man.
Sounds as though, you need a little more competition. In the meantime, keep racking up the kills.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Good kills, man.
Sounds as though, you need a little more competition. In the meantime, keep racking up the kills.
I'll take what I can get in my town. I am running my buddies '00 R again soon, a lot of **** talk been going on about this one so whenever we get some nice weather I am gonna head there and do it.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

What made me feel even worse about the 3v, was he had just bought the car that day. He posted on Facebook later that he was already ready to sell it because he "got his *** handed to him" haha.
He must not have known what a 3v was then?...
Old 02-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Probably for the best, 3v's suck!
Old 02-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Teching In

That's true. I'd take a 2v over a 3v any day of the week honestly.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:34 PM
Banned

A stock LT1 would put a lot more than a couple cars on a coyote.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:54 PM
Teching In

I'll take what I can get in my town. I am running my buddies '00 R again soon, a lot of **** talk been going on about this one so whenever we get some nice weather I am gonna head there and do it.
That would be a good run. If you can get a vid, that would be cool.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

What is a hacksaw mod?
Old 02-14-2015, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LikeAB0ss
A stock LT1 would put a lot more than a couple cars on a coyote.
I was referring to 93-97 LT1's bud

Quick Reply: Few recent murders in the 5bro against 3v and RT