Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99 Z28 M6 vs B18 TURBO Civic coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sorry bro i know that u guys are on my side im just trying to make the point that i am not scared of him. i just have to wait till Sunday night to race him and i use all the advise i could get because this is going to be a good race for me
Old 06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BPLS1
Who says im scared of this *******. yeah he is a honda. and yeah it makes alot of noise but i have seen this guy personally take out a 2002 camaro ss but 2 cars. the ss was complety stock and running on street tires. he wont race me unless i put down at least $300 bucks, that is how confident he is. im not scared at all but im just being careful because a B18 turbo with NOS is not just any normal honda engine.
Yes, I can definitely tell by your posts that you aren't worried in the least. And all the rest of these guys who are telling you to make sure you do this, be sure you do that, bet him $500 and put a N20 kit on to get a free kit after you smoke him, yada yada, they sound really confident as well. All these threads are the same. Run what you brung. If you lose, who cares. There are civics out there that are faster than your car. GET OVER IT. You should respect those that you lose to.

Of course, now that you mentioned he won't race unless you drop $300, that tells me he's an idiot. And if you race him, then I will understand your problem.

There should be a whole different section called "I worry a lot when I race" that all these kids can post their up and coming all-important races and get everyone's opinion on how it's going to come out. God knows you'd hate to have a fair and even race with any possibility of defeat. I mean, what fun is that?

And I'd definitely recommend the gears with some slicks. Your stock rear end will appreciate it.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:30 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BPLS1
Ill try to do some free mods before i race this guy. i was wondering, does that EGR mod make a difference because i was thinking of doing that. and what other free mods do u guys suggest. this guy runs for at least $300 a race cause he has never lost yet so he is very big headed.
ROTFL ... dude, the free mods are a joke. All of them combined may POSSIBLY drop a tenth off your quarter time ... but it's not likely that it will even be that much. In a non-prepped, uncontrolled street race, you would not even notice the "extra" power from the free-mods. If you want to waste your time doing that, be my guest, but you are much better off spending a little bit of cash, and getting something that may actually help you win.

If you are really concerned about beating this guy, grab some juice, jack up the bet to the 4-500 dollar price of the kit, and have him pay for your new nitrous system.

And to the guy that said turbo civics put down crazy 1/8 mile times .... you are never allowed to speak again. If anything, their 1/8 mile times suckkkkk, and their trap speeds are ridiculously high.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
And to the guy that said turbo civics put down crazy 1/8 mile times .... you are never allowed to speak again. If anything, their 1/8 mile times suckkkkk, and their trap speeds are ridiculously high.
Hah.

Yeah, those high horsepower FWD cars hook mad crazy yo.

I watched the Faster and Furiouser too!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:41 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xphantomws6x
ROTFL ... dude, the free mods are a joke. All of them combined may POSSIBLY drop a tenth off your quarter time ... but it's not likely that it will even be that much. In a non-prepped, uncontrolled street race, you would not even notice the "extra" power from the free-mods. If you want to waste your time doing that, be my guest, but you are much better off spending a little bit of cash, and getting something that may actually help you win.

If you are really concerned about beating this guy, grab some juice, jack up the bet to the 4-500 dollar price of the kit, and have him pay for your new nitrous system.

Isn't this like the 5th thread BPLS1 has posted with, "what if I put on this... what if I do that?".
I think we answered your questions as to how to make your car go fast already in another thread, but it seems like our advice goes in one eye and out the other (we are typing and reading here, hehe).
Kid, do yourself a favor and get the cheap dry kit, swap out a cam, or somethin', 'cause the gains you seek will not come about by doing little bolt-on mods.
The fact that you're always worried about losing a race means that A) You're car ain't that quick or B) You have no clue what other cars can do. Which leads me to believe that you're putting yourself between a rock and a hard place when agreeing to these races which you have no idea what will result in.
As for Turbo Honda products, I've seen them in many forms, running from high 10's to high 13's. Usually, the ones that look fast go slow and the ones that look innocent go fast.

Good Luck.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:27 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by apathy
There should be a whole different section called "I worry a lot when I race" that all these kids can post their up and coming all-important races and get everyone's opinion on how it's going to come out. God knows you'd hate to have a fair and even race with any possibility of defeat. I mean, what fun is that?
even though you often speak the truth apathy, has anyone ever told you that you have a fairly abrassive way of doing so?
Old 06-04-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
even though you often speak the truth apathy, has anyone ever told you that you have a fairly abrassive way of doing so?
Yes, and it is the most effective way of doing it. Don't like it? Don't read it. Or respond to it.

Not trying to be a jackass, but there are a zillion idiots out there, and I don't need to cater to any of them. Having to deal with them on a daily basis, you would quickly understand as well.

The import vs. domestic gets tiresome quickly with me, so I simply respond as I see it. As I've said many times, we all have cars with 4 wheels, what's the difference. There's going to be imports outrunning domestics, and there's going to be domestics outrunning imports. Any other qualification is ignorant, in my opinion anyway.

As far as the racing goes...I think that speaks for itself. I'd rather see results in the racing section than "what if I raced a guy with this this and this?" Most people would probably agree. It's taken too seriously. Go to a track, have at it. Go grab a beer afterwards. We aren't professionals, we are just some guys having a good time. If you are trying to race a high school kid who demands money for a race, who gives a damn. Let him tell all his buddies how cool his car is, and how apparently rich his parents are. Not worth the time or gas to bother. If this guy wants to race him in spite of that, go ahead and tell us how it went. Trying to figure out how to beat somebody just tells me that you have no confidence in your car, or yourself. Maybe he should have bought the civic and dropped the B18 turbo in it.

Last edited by apathy; 06-04-2004 at 12:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

http://www.tunedbylorange.com/7.JPG

your right, those turbo civics pull lame *** 1/8th times.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

it is funny, bc it is the same **** over and over again. and the same responses... just by a bad *** nitrous kit, and make the bet the same as the price of the kit, just run the guy, take camera, and film the run, and post it for all of us to see

race, and w/ your mods, fresh nittos will be fine... MT's might just put a hurtin on your axle
Old 06-04-2004, 12:58 AM
Launching!

I appreciate all of your guys comments. as for apathy u are right about me worrying so much. i should just say **** it just just race this kid already and stop worrying about who is going to win and who is going to lose who gives a ****. oh and i have complete confidence in my car i wouldnt trade my LS1 for anything. i will race him on Sunday night and on Mon i will let u guys know how it went, win or lose. Thanks for your comments and advise
Old 06-04-2004, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

video tape itttttttttttttttttttt
Old 06-04-2004, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

i agree with the just race and get it over with philosophy but 300 bucks is quite a chunk of change to be throwing around frivolously without at least some research.

btw, is that 7.80 1/8th mile time slip supposed to be impressive? its certainly fast for a civic or any street car but its not settin the world on fire by any means.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

I personally think that the guy in the civic is scared to race you...That is why he is making it for such a high amount in hopes that you won't have the money, thus making you look like you don't want to race him. I bet he is telling all his friends that you are scared to race him. If he wasn't scared of you, then he would have ran for the $200. Ricers are such dumbassess
Old 06-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Launching!

Maybe he is scared of me cause he always trys to avoid to race me when i hit him up. or else he tells me that he doesn't want to run for fun. i finally hit him up this past weekend cause i heard that he was talking ****. Things will be settled on Sun if he shows up.
Old 06-04-2004, 10:40 AM
On The Tree

the fact is.. if u win ..1)people will still like your car better 2)your car will look better

if you lose.. 1)people will still like your car better 2)your car will look better
Old 06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Wish i could be there. I'd give him a run and i'm stock. Besides, i could use the practice...
Old 06-04-2004, 11:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Cast00'T/A
the fact is.. if u win ..1)people will still like your car better 2)your car will look better

if you lose.. 1)people will still like your car better 2)your car will look better
This should be true, but for some reason a lot of younger chicks like ricers now. But who cares, just race him and rip him a new one and video tape it. BTW BPLS1 flowmasters suck on LS1s. They flow worse than stock from what I've read.
Old 06-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Launching!

I have also heard that about the Flowmaster, i hear alot of people in here say they suck ***. im thinking about going to the slp loudmouth with my slp y pipe and no cats. the slp loudmouth would probably help out better too
Old 06-04-2004, 12:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm not saying their lightning but there certainly not pigs if their pulling the same mph as some of the 11 second cars here in the 1/8th.. and if a turbo civic can pull that in the 1/8th being a 'pig', and saying his 1/4 mile time would be a lot better, with numbers like that it's a mid 11 second car. Thats faster than a cat-back, lid, tires SS.

Though on the street, ANYTHING can happen, make sure the kid knows what he's doing. A lot of ricers will do dumb **** and get you, or other people killed. (Happened here about 4 nights ago..). I've raced plenty of cars with over double my Horsepower and just walked their *** all over town. Like everyone else said, your car is only as fast as it can hook up. [I raced a 480 wrongwheelhorsepower civic 2 weeks ago. He ran 11.86's at 124 saying he couldn't get traction, I ran him on the street with Nittos and just walked him by 3 cars (At about 60 watch out, he may hit the spray)
Old 06-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Launching!

I have heard that about the flowmasters too. alot of people in hear say they suck ***. i have been thinking about saving up for the SLP loudmouth, along with my slp y pipe and no cats. SLP Loudmouth would most likely help me out alot better then my Flowmasters