10 Year Member

Another 6 gen running poppas FBO times

Name:  C026EAD0-A352-49FD-A38B-1460677C1C83_zpsfxt0klop.png
Views: 11
Size:  365.1 KB
Old 04-10-2016 | 03:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Aparently you have a hard time comprehending that when the car was nearer to full weight than you are right now it went faster than you with out even a dr on it

The only real wr notche's ls1 had was a drag pack , the cat back and a light battery. So roughly similar to you.....and goin similar speeds. No doubt it would gap you on the roll to.
5br0 are not that impressive. They only caught up to 2002.
Wrong. You are as shady about notche's car as you are about yours. Poor Hio. He jelly that the LS motors need a lightweight car to go fast.

Well wtf is wrong with all these other 5br0's that are around my weight?

A 5br0 can't keep up on pump gas....fact
Your car on E85 wouldn't even go as fast as they are. You think I am wrong? prove it and go faster... quit whining about fuel that you choose not to run. You seem to like this NA stuff too.... fine.. stay NA... stay slower with the other NA guys.

Originally Posted by big hammer
Another 6 gen running poppas FBO times

Hmm.. in -1300DA at that... So he needed 2100ft less DA than me to go the same ET I did. Wow... I am impressed. Man.... imagine what I could do in -1300ft DA.... Sweet! Oh, and keep thinking I am FBO... and not LBO... if it makes you feel more like a winner.
Old 04-10-2016 | 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Poppa, out of curiosity, what does your car weigh? Sorry if you had already posted it, I may have missed it.
Old 04-10-2016 | 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Your gutted , holesawed hunk would get gapped at the same weight.
And I am sure notches car had the Hio "Gut" treatment too.

Get over it... fact is you need light weight to be fast. You just simply cannot compete at the same weight with the clearly superior 5.0.
If my Br0 weighed what Hio's does, it would not even be any competition in a race between us two. Hio would go home crying.
Hios makes more power than you. So how the hell do you think he "could not compete at the same weight"? Typical 5.br0 logic.
Old 04-10-2016 | 04:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
Poppa, out of curiosity, what does your car weigh? Sorry if you had already posted it, I may have missed it.
I do not think Poppa has any WR. If that is the case, I would think that his car would be upper 3600 to 37XX. 15 5.Bro Mustangs are on the heavy side.
Old 04-10-2016 | 05:06 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Wrong. You are as shady about notche's car as you are about yours. Poor Hio. He jelly that the LS motors need a lightweight car to go fast.

Your car on E85 wouldn't even go as fast as they are. You think I am wrong? prove it and go faster... quit whining about fuel that you choose not to run. You seem to like this NA stuff too.... fine.. stay NA... stay slower with the other NA guys.

Hmm.. in -1300DA at that... So he needed 2100ft less DA than me to go the same ET I did. Wow... I am impressed. Man.... imagine what I could do in -1300ft DA.... Sweet! Oh, and keep thinking I am FBO... and not LBO... if it makes you feel more like a winner.
Im6not shady about either car. I don't care enough to be.

Lol....I'm the fastest 5br0 on pump on their list and out mph all of them with me on pump.

Hell i don't even have race brakes like the top ones.
Originally Posted by StangKila
Hios makes more power than you. So how the hell do you think he "could not compete at the same weight"? Typical 5.br0 logic.
5br0 logic is well.......nonexistent
Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
I do not think Poppa has any WR. If that is the case, I would think that his car would be upper 3600 to 37XX. 15 5.Bro Mustangs are on the heavy side.
Poppa has a drag pak and other wr. He is likely 100+lb lighter than stock.
Old 04-10-2016 | 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Not trying to start a shitstorm, but Poppa, you've said a few times now that an fbody needs weight reduction to run fast. I know I've already said this, but a full weight ws6 weighs anywhere in the 3550-3650 range from everything I've seen.

My car full weight put down barely over 390rwhp, ran 11.80's @116 with 2.73's 1.77 60' and 11.60-11.70's @117 with 3.42's a 1.72 60' iirc and tune in check.

I know this isn't exact, but usually
100lbs = .1 tenth/1 car length in a 1/4 mi.
10rwhp = .1 tenth/1 car length in a 1/4 mi.
So 10rwhp to make up for every 100lbs.

I know it isn't exact, but it's in the ballpark to figure out roughly what you need to make up the weight difference. That being said, say my car weighed 100lbs less than yours and by the average, You'd need 10rwhp to make up that difference. Or even say You're 200lbs heavier (which I highly doubt that), then I was at 390rwhp vs your 420rwhp? (not sure what you are, just guessing)

With 2.73's it would put us pretty dead even, definitely a drivers race. But with the 3.42's and my tune in check, I still would have ran a better time. I know this is all speculation and doesn't amount to anything, but I'm bringing it up as a comparison to show that it can be done with close to the same weight and in my case, a little less power.

Just food for thought, no wars or taking sides.

Edit: DA was 1171 with the 2.73's run and I'm trying to find the slip for the 3.42's. I believe it was 96x DA

Last edited by Deeohgie69; 04-10-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-10-2016 | 05:15 PM
Teching In

Did not know he shed that much weight. Regardless, still a 35XX-36XXlb car. Not exactly a lite car. imo
Old 04-10-2016 | 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Hio doesn't have race brakes but he has holes in his rotors.
Old 04-10-2016 | 06:10 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know what it weighs with the drag pak on it. I plan to weigh it next time I go to the track. Last time i weighed it, it weighed 3860lbs with me in it. I weigh ~210lbs..so 3650ish. Mods on the car were catback, and the 19x9.5" SVE Drifts and 275/35-19 Invos on all 4 corners. For reference, the car weighed 3715lbs as driven off the dealer lot with the ugly oem 18" wheels.

As a professional troll Jakey, you should be able to recognize I am trolling Doug. But.. with that said.. alot of the advantage comes from the lighter weight.

Im6not shady about either car. I don't care enough to be.

Lol....I'm the fastest 5br0 on pump on their list and out mph all of them with me on pump.

Hell i don't even have race brakes like the top ones.

5br0 logic is well.......nonexistent

Probably close... I'll weigh the car next time I mount the drag pak on it. It took my old crippled *** over an hour last weekend to swap the street tires onto it.

Not trying to start a shitstorm, but Poppa, you've said a few times now that an fbody needs weight reduction to run fast. I know I've already said this, but a full weight ws6 weighs anywhere in the 3550-3650 range from everything I've seen.

My car full weight put down barely over 390rwhp, ran 11.80's @116 with 2.73's 1.77 60' and 11.60-11.70's @117 with 3.42's a 1.72 60' iirc and tune in check.

I know this isn't exact, but usually
100lbs = .1 tenth/1 car length in a 1/4 mi.
10rwhp = .1 tenth/1 car length in a 1/4 mi.
So 10rwhp to make up for every 100lbs.

I know it isn't exact, but it's in the ballpark to figure out roughly what you need to make up the weight difference. That being said, say my car weighed 100lbs less than yours and by the average, You'd need 10rwhp to make up that difference. Or even say You're 200lbs heavier (which I highly doubt that), then I was at 390rwhp vs your 420rwhp? (not sure what you are, just guessing)

With 2.73's it would put us pretty dead even, definitely a drivers race. But with the 3.42's and my tune in check, I still would have ran a better time. I know this is all speculation and doesn't amount to anything, but I'm bringing it up as a comparison to show that it can be done with close to the same weight and in my case, a little less power.

Just food for thought, no wars or taking sides.

Edit: DA was 1171 with the 2.73's run and I'm trying to find the slip for the 3.42's. I believe it was 96x DA
Most of it is trolling Duggy.

What were your mods at 390rwhp? Reason I ask is I am unsure what my car makes power wise at its current LBO state. But i know going FBO with headers, intake manifold, off road pipes etc should put me around 440-450ish?

I think mod for mod with the same weight, the 5.0 would prevail. The difference would be once the LS goes head/cam.... they definitely have more NA potential than the 5.0. I have no plans to stay NA though... hopefully I'll make my mind up on a Procharged, or Twin Turbo setup by fall.
Old 04-10-2016 | 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Most of it is trolling Duggy.

What were your mods at 390rwhp? Reason I ask is I am unsure what my car makes power wise at its current LBO state. But i know going FBO with headers, intake manifold, off road pipes etc should put me around 440-450ish?

I think mod for mod with the same weight, the 5.0 would prevail. The difference would be once the LS goes head/cam.... they definitely have more NA potential than the 5.0. I have no plans to stay NA though... hopefully I'll make my mind up on a Procharged, or Twin Turbo setup by fall.
390rwhp I was cam, full exhaust, stall, and tune. Everything else was all stock except for Toyo TQ drag radials and I'm about 190lbs. I agree that same weight mod for mod the 5.0 would win, but it also makes more power in stock form 420-435hp vs 350hp. That's why I mentioned my hp/weight because it's a better comparison for both cars. I think if you compare hp to weight that it's a lot closer than everyone likes to let on.

You'll like it once you're boosted and I'm not saying I regret it, but I do wish a lot of times that I was still n/a. If I had just bought a really nice set of heads and ran a small shot of nitrous, I could have found a lot more races. Once people see the fmic they generally don't want to run. Even when you tell them that you'll turn the boost down, they think you're lying. Oh well, I'm still glad I did, because it's the best bang for the buck.
Old 04-10-2016 | 06:45 PM
Banned

390rwhp I was cam, full exhaust, stall, and tune. Everything else was all stock except for Toyo TQ drag radials and I'm about 190lbs. I agree that same weight mod for mod the 5.0 would win, but it also makes more power in stock form 420-435hp vs 350hp. That's why I mentioned my hp/weight because it's a better comparison for both cars. I think if you compare hp to weight that it's a lot closer than everyone likes to let on.

You'll like it once you're boosted and I'm not saying I regret it, but I do wish a lot of times that I was still n/a. If I had just bought a really nice set of heads and ran a small shot of nitrous, I could have found a lot more races. Once people see the fmic they generally don't want to run. Even when you tell them that you'll turn the boost down, they think you're lying. Oh well, I'm still glad I did, because it's the best bang for the buck.
Buy another F body and keep it NA.
Old 04-10-2016 | 06:49 PM
11 Second Club

Buy another F body and keep it NA.
I've been kicking the idea around. I really like the sound and feeling of n/a with a nice cam loping, it's pure sex.
Old 04-10-2016 | 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

The thing is though, imagine what you would run at Hio's raceweight. That is my point... his weight is what is the biggest factor in his cars ET/Trap. If he were full factory weight, he would only be a mid 11second car at best.

I can't wait to boost the car. As far as getting races... well, if they don't want to run, then so be it. I don't mind losing races to cars I should lose to. I will race for the fun of it... which is why I am modding my car.... for fun. Perfect example is MadMike.. we are trying to get a mutual time to get together and do some fun runs.. maybe grab some lunch. I already know going into this that I will most likely be on the losing end... but do I care? Nah... its all fun to me. And his car moves out pretty decent.
Old 04-10-2016 | 07:03 PM
11 Second Club

The thing is though, imagine what you would run at Hio's raceweight. That is my point... his weight is what is the biggest factor in his cars ET/Trap. If he were full factory weight, he would only be a mid 11second car at best.

I can't wait to boost the car. As far as getting races... well, if they don't want to run, then so be it. I don't mind losing races to cars I should lose to. I will race for the fun of it... which is why I am modding my car.... for fun. Perfect example is MadMike.. we are trying to get a mutual time to get together and do some fun runs.. maybe grab some lunch. I already know going into this that I will most likely be on the losing end... but do I care? Nah... its all fun to me. And his car moves out pretty decent.
I'm the same way about win or lose, it just seems that a lot of people aren't. I guess they want a sure win because they'll be embarrassed to lose, idk?
Old 04-10-2016 | 07:56 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

Like poppa stated it all good fun. I can't wait to meet him and make more car friends. Met and made some good friends messing with cars.

It's a hobby all us car guys enjoy.
Old 04-10-2016 | 07:59 PM
TECH Junkie
15 Year Member

If he does beat me I won't leave the site lolololol. I can't believe some people.

I met mappins at rockingham he seemed like a good dude. Poppa was there as well but we just didn't know at the time.
Old 04-10-2016 | 08:10 PM
Banned

Mappins seems like a sensitive, emo little biatch. Not gonna lie. Definitely not fappin to him anymore.
Old 04-10-2016 | 09:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by madmike9396
Like poppa stated it all good fun. I can't wait to meet him and make more car friends. Met and made some good friends messing with cars.

It's a hobby all us car guys enjoy.
Well said man. That's what it's all about.
Old 04-10-2016 | 11:13 PM
10 Second Club
10 Year Member

This one ran as fast as you but bone stock... With way better mph and a poo 60'...

Another ran 11's in positive DA...

Like I keep telling you. Your car is as fast as a stock 6 gen

Quick Reply: Poppacap vs mappins!