Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Tuned, bolt on 5.bro vs Stock 6th Gen Manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Actually we've presented other stock 6gen et's in positive da that are similar to yours. A 6gen with yoyr mods will gap you
Go get you one and quit nuthugging, and run me then. Cheerleader....

Originally Posted by big hammer
You've been corrected on the DA many times but you keep lying
Wrong.. the ONE 6gen that ran 11s in very low + DA was not stock. Poor fanbois.... They love clinging to that "stock" advantage... yep.. 6gen quicker stock.. not modded. Poor Hio Cheerleading Squad... they sit back and cheer for cars they don't even own or drive, to someone who owns and races one of them... poor guys. Get off your couches and get with the modern times... buy a new car and quit wasting time on old rattleboxes...
Old 04-10-2016, 04:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Poppacapp

Wrong.. the ONE 6gen that ran 11s in very low + DA was not stock. Poor fanbois.... They love clinging to that "stock" advantage... yep.. 6gen quicker stock.. not modded. Poor Hio Cheerleading Squad... they sit back and cheer for cars they don't even own or drive, to someone who owns and races one of them... poor guys. Get off your couches and get with the modern times... buy a new car and quit wasting time on old rattleboxes...
Why would Hio buy a new Camaro? Especially if it's slower than the Camaro that he already has and more than likely its paid off... Sometimes the "older" cars are better than the newer ones.. My old car is far from a rattle trap and it's paid off
Old 04-10-2016, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Why is this even still an argument?
Old 04-10-2016, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Ok....I really cant grasp your logic.

E85 coyote gains 10-15 hp correct?

LT1 gains ~35hp correct?

What makes you think if a 6gen had your mods that it would be closer than stock v stock? It would in fact be worse.

Please explain...

Also where is your proof that car wasn't stock? And what about the one hammer just posted stock with a 119 trap? that's a different car as well.

11.9 isn't a hero run for these cars when we have 4 of them now...its not the norm but will happen with good conditions and DA.

The hero run will be 11.7 or so...
Old 04-10-2016, 06:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Why would Hio buy a new Camaro? Especially if it's slower than the Camaro that he already has and more than likely its paid off... Sometimes the "older" cars are better than the newer ones.. My old car is far from a rattle trap and it's paid off
I am just giving him hell because he consistently cheerleads for the car, which he does not even own.

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Ok....I really cant grasp your logic.

E85 coyote gains 10-15 hp correct?

LT1 gains ~35hp correct?

What makes you think if a 6gen had your mods that it would be closer than stock v stock? It would in fact be worse.

Please explain...

Because I can only use my car as an example, and with a simple catback it ran similar/slightly slower than the stock AVERAGE A8 cars are running. My catback is 100% comparable to the SS NPP exhaust.. ie.. almost no gains.
I fully agree that they are a slightly quicker car stock. You put similar mods on those car that I have and they will run similar times. So... the gap disappeared.

Also where is your proof that car wasn't stock? And what about the one hammer just posted stock with a 119 trap? that's a different car as well.

Because they are NOT a 119mph car stock. You mean to tell me running 4mph faster than the AVERAGE trapping 6gen makes sense?

11.9 isn't a hero run for these cars when we have 4 of them now...its not the norm but will happen with good conditions and DA.

The hero run will be 11.7 or so...
11.9 is the hero run for the cars, because thats all they have run in huge negative DA. Far from what the averages will be.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am just giving him hell because he consistently cheerleads for the car, which he does not even own.

11.9 is the hero run for the cars, because thats all they have run in huge negative DA. Far from what the averages will be.
You still didn't answer my question.

You gain 10-15 hp from e85. LT1 gains 35.

You will magically improve the stock gap.

Im sorry but you've officially lost it.

Your statement is absolutely impossible. Period.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

You still didn't answer my question.

You gain 10-15 hp from e85. LT1 gains 35.

You will magically improve the stock gap.

Im sorry but you've officially lost it.

Your statement is absolutely impossible. Period.
The LT1 gains 35rwhp from the STOCK tune on 91octane to an E85 tune. My car make an ADDITIONAL 10-15rwhp over my 93octane tune on E85. Similar gains.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

The LT1 gains 35rwhp from the STOCK tune on 91octane to an E85 tune. My car make an ADDITIONAL 10-15rwhp over my 93octane tune on E85. Similar gains.
I disagree they gain similar. Its been discussed. DI benefits from e85 more.

Even if they gain similar the gap would stay similar. Not improve.
So you would still be wrong even so...
Old 04-10-2016, 06:40 PM
On The Tree

Am loving all the speculation.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

I disagree they gain similar. Its been discussed. DI benefits from e85 more.

Even if they gain similar the gap would stay similar. Not improve.
So you would still be wrong even so...
I have not had my car on the dyno, so cannot speak to my personal gains. But i have seen dynosheet of 20ish rwhp gains simply using E85 with the same Flex tune vs. 93octane. Unsure that is average.. but I believe 15rwhp is a safe bet. That is the beauty of my flex tune. I drive around on my 93octane... run it down to about 10miles to empty or less, then put the E85 in and give the car 10-15mins or so to relearn. I have a reading on my gauge that changes from 0 to 1 when the tune has learned and locked the timing tables in.

I CAN say this... My car from stock tune vs 93octane flex tune made a huge difference. When running E85 I don't notice a huge difference, but feel like 10-15rwhp more is a safe bet. It sure as hell does not gain Zero hp over 93.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Am loving all the speculation.
Seems to be coming more so from Ultra.. My car on E85/tires/catback runs high 11s. In the same DA I run high 11s, I see stock 6gens running mid-low 12s, and with tune/tire/catback(or NPP exhaust) running similar times.

The 11.9s and 11.7 on tire times were all in MIRish hero negative DA.
We have also seen A8 SS Camaros run 12.5-12.8 in 1500ft DA.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have not had my car on the dyno, so cannot speak to my personal gains. But i have seen dynosheet of 20ish rwhp gains simply using E85 with the same Flex tune vs. 93octane. Unsure that is average.. but I believe 15rwhp is a safe bet. That is the beauty of my flex tune. I drive around on my 93octane... run it down to about 10miles to empty or less, then put the E85 in and give the car 10-15mins or so to relearn. I have a reading on my gauge that changes from 0 to 1 when the tune has learned and locked the timing tables in.

I CAN say this... My car from stock tune vs 93octane flex tune made a huge difference. When running E85 I don't notice a huge difference, but feel like 10-15rwhp more is a safe bet. It sure as hell does not gain Zero hp over 93.
Still not seeing how even if they gain similar the stock gap vanishes.

Sounds completely and utterly impossible.

But hey maybe im crazy.

Either way you have a car and you run it. Cant say too much. Im just arm chairing it right now. If I had a 6 gen I would probably been tempted to meet you halfway from Michigan already.

Continued luck to you and your 5.slow
Old 04-10-2016, 06:53 PM
11 Second Club

Still not seeing how even if they gain similar the stock gap vanishes.

Sounds completely and utterly impossible.

But hey maybe im crazy.

Either way you have a car and you run it. Cant say too much. Im just arm chairing it right now. If I had a 6 gen I would probably been tempted to meet you halfway from Michigan already.

Continued luck to you and your 5.slow
Haha.. its all good man. Furd and Chubby guys are supposed to argue... its what makes it all fun.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Camaro has hit 11's in positive da
Old 04-11-2016, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Poppa is sure bent out of shape over a bone stock Camaro being as fast or faster than him.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Which both are faster than you
Old 04-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Its Stock
Which both are faster than you
Very wrong.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You're right, we'd never know, because you would have to actually race to find out.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Its Stock
You're right, we'd never know, because you would have to actually race to find out.
As soon as you grow a pair, you can come get mopped up at anytime, sweet cheeks.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

If i bought one it would surely rock the **** outta you. Just like what was gonna happen if you hadn't got skeered and sold tgat gt100 before we met up.
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
I don't drive enough to warrent buying a new car for myself.

And yea....my camaro has held up well for a 17yr old car with. 120+k on it.

They are legit.

They have run your best times in da similar to yours bone stock. Lt1's are just more powerful

Quick Reply: Tuned, bolt on 5.bro vs Stock 6th Gen Manual