Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

15 5.br0 vs God's Chariot and LS3 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
There are many ways to build a car. The race is to accelerate the car. Not just make power.

I'll give you another example. I ran a guy at the track who wouldn't even answer how big his engine was. All he would say is it's big......big with a super charger. He looked at the back of a bolt on ls6 camaro all the way down the track. Was it proper?

My car has less holes than you guys cry.

Hio way works.....sure keeps this bunch in a tissy.
I surely won't say anything you do is or isn't proper. "Proper" is a relative term that does NOT fit only to one individuals liking or way, especially for a street car. If a car has engine mods to increase power and absolutely no weight reduction mods due to the owner wanting it that way, just because it may run slower e.t.'s and mph than a similar car with weight reduction does not make it "not proper" or "it doesn't run like it should". You always blab that this and that car with whatever certain engine setup "doesn't run like it should", and usually likely because it doesn't have a ton of weight reduction and/or low rotational weight. Well, if a car doesn't have a bunch weight reduction or whatever, guess what, than it SHOULDN'T run like it does.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
I surely won't say anything you do is or isn't proper. "Proper" is a relative term that does NOT fit only to one individuals liking or way, especially for a street car. If a car has engine mods to increase power and absolutely no weight reduction mods due to the owner wanting it that way, just because it may run slower e.t.'s and mph than a similar car with weight reduction does not make it "not proper" or "it doesn't run like it should". You always blab that this and that car with whatever certain engine setup "doesn't run like it should", and usually likely because it doesn't have a ton of weight reduction and/or low rotational weight. Well, if a car doesn't have a bunch weight reduction or whatever, guess what, than it SHOULDN'T run like it does.
He only says it's not proper if it loses to a Ford...also, amen.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
HIO, 3500 would be race weight. If you will notice I said previously 3250 W/O driver.
Ok....not a heavy car. That reinforces my point
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
So basically your setup when you were running 11s was dog **** since you weren't running 10s at the time?
Anything i say you are to stupid to understand.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Well......the car in question has some weight reduction. Now as you have surely read on here from the cobro crew that indirect wr does not count. Mine coincidently is all indirect.

Fact is most cars lose weight wuth modding if you pay attention. Then there are those that have to have the ls7 clutch, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, big heavy wheels/tires. If those guys are looking for speed/acceleration then yea........they did it wrong. No 2 ways about it.

Not everyone is right.....this is not elementary school. The award fir 2nd shouldn't be the same as the one for 1st.

I can blab.....i know what my car has done over the years in various forms along with other builds i have been involved in. I know builds are and should be different then what they were 10yrs ago just do to info and parts available.
Originally Posted by Gt4urass
He only says it's not proper if it loses to a Ford...also, amen.
Not always......but when its a 2v, 3v or na 4v mostly yea it's not proper.
Old 04-20-2016, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

So taking to your K member and holesawing it was indirect? You didn't do that with the purpose of weight reduction in mind??
Old 04-20-2016, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I know hio spends way too much time saying **** that isn't relevant but talking about a hole sawed K-member for years makes you guys look just as or more pathetic. Get a life already. BTW WTF happened to Snake, I haven't heard from him in some time.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

So I have no life because I remember mods somebody did to their car, and then when they lie about it I call them on it? Ok
Old 04-20-2016, 03:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hio's car is a piece of **** anyways. Not even setup right.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's not setup right but it runs faster than most with less power
Old 04-20-2016, 03:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
Nah, plenty of people running his times with full weight or extra weight. Hio's car is 🚮🚮🚮.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nah, plenty of people running his times with full weight or extra weight. Hio's car is 🚮🚮🚮.
In a bolt on ls6 ? Hmm interesting
Old 04-20-2016, 03:59 PM
On The Tree

In a bolt on ls6 ? Hmm interesting
Is Hio full weight? Didn't think so.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Agreed. It would hurt feelings if he got serious with it
Old 04-20-2016, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

So basically your setup when you were running 11s was dog **** since you weren't running 10s at the time?
To revist this dumbass once again.

Muddy and i did a build for his car back in 2003~. Rebuilt 346 nothing major. Used gmpp ls6 heads and grand am cup cam. It made 45x whp abd ended up goin 11.5 at like 123 or 124. Fast car for then really. Especially considering it was having clutch issues and shifted like a dump truck.

Fast forward to 2016.......i can say with confidence that engine with a few parts changed (bolt on stuff) along stuff we have learned it would easily crack 500whp......on pump gas.

Does that mean the 2003 build was junk? Not really.....it means it's not 2003 anymore.
Originally Posted by Nick.H
So taking to your K member and holesawing it was indirect? You didn't do that with the purpose of weight reduction in mind??
All for aesthetics and access. Also for a little more alignment adjustability.

If the cobros can claim a drag pak and cat back wr is indirect wr then so is mine.

I'm full weight minus my lighter parts.
Originally Posted by codyvette
I know hio spends way too much time saying **** that isn't relevant but talking about a hole sawed K-member for years makes you guys look just as or more pathetic. Get a life already. BTW WTF happened to Snake, I haven't heard from him in some time.
I mostly say relevant ****. Like when i say nate is one of the worlds most diabolical retards that is very relevant. I mean ****....look at his posts.
So I have no life because I remember mods somebody did to their car, and then when they lie about it I call them on it? Ok
Who's lying?
Doh......kill shot
I am....all indirect wr. Haven't you been listening to the cobros?
Old 04-20-2016, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
Agreed. It would hurt feelings if he got serious with it
Yea......it's pretty poopy for a drag car. Great dd tho.
Old 04-20-2016, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Lol 🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮
Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why does that mater if it is or isn't? Alot of cars that are full weight or have weight reduction that are setup right.

BTW what do you drive just curious. Ls1 foxbody?
Old 04-20-2016, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does that mater if it is or isn't? Alot of cars that are full weight or have weight reduction that are setup right.

BTW what do you drive just curious. Ls1 foxbody?
Angsty Nate just got a Catfish
Old 04-20-2016, 06:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Angsty Nate just got a Catfish
I see..
Old 04-20-2016, 07:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You don't have a life because talking about it once or even ten times wasn't enough. it has been years now. Move on and get a life.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by codyvette
You don't have a life because talking about it once or even ten times wasn't enough. it has been years now. Move on and get a life.
Lol I'm not worried about what he did to his car... It's the fact that he said he unintentionally dropped weight by pulling his stock K member out, drilled out several holes, and put it back in.

And yeah, working 40-50hrs a week, I don't have much of a life. But it's not because of this site

Quick Reply: 15 5.br0 vs God's Chariot and LS3 4th gen