Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

15 5.br0 vs God's Chariot and LS3 4th gen

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread makes me feel better for how my car runs seeing how.....it's not proper at all and super heavy. If it was proper and I got serious it might be fast.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good runs man. Check them spark plugs for proper maintenancez!!
Old 04-21-2016, 05:53 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Lol I'm not worried about what he did to his car... It's the fact that he said he unintentionally dropped weight by pulling his stock K member out, drilled out several holes, and put it back in.

And yeah, working 40-50hrs a week, I don't have much of a life. But it's not because of this site
40-50 hours. Like everyone with a job lol.
Old 04-21-2016, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Well......the car in question has some weight reduction. Now as you have surely read on here from the cobro crew that indirect wr does not count. Mine coincidently is all indirect.

Fact is most cars lose weight wuth modding if you pay attention.
Indirect wr surely does count, but it usually ends up being quite a small amount when it comes from the typical mods. Every bit helps though, I know. You saying the wr on your Camaro "coincidently is all indirect" may be the biggest, most obvious lie to date on here. Lol... Obviously wr & low rotational mass is/was a top priority with your car, anyone with a clue knows that's why it's so quick.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
If the cobros can claim a drag pak and cat back wr is indirect wr then so is mine.
Stooping down to others' retardedness makes one look just as retarded. I mean the main point for a drag pack is wr. So yeah, saying otherwise, whoever it may be, is plain dumb.

Last edited by R6cowboy; 04-21-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Thank you for reiterating my point.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:07 AM
"I MAID THEESE"

Received 675 Likes on 425 Posts

Ill race anyone I this ************ for Money in my LS3 Fourth gen. **** WIT ME!!!! :gu ns:

P.S. I love you all
Old 04-21-2016, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
40-50 hours. Like everyone with a job lol.
Yeah, issue is that I spend a lot of time off the clock trying to keep clients interested and trying to keep sales lined up. So it shows up as 40-50hrs, ends up feeling like a lot more
Old 04-21-2016, 01:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mavn
Ill race anyone I this ************ for Money in my LS3 Fourth gen. **** WIT ME!!!! :gu ns:

P.S. I love you all

LMFAO!
Old 04-23-2016, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=HioSSilver;19231427]Ok....not a heavy car. That reinforces my point

Anything i say you are to stupid to understand.

Well......the car in question has some weight reduction. Now as you have surely read on here from the cobro crew that indirect wr does not count. Mine coincidently is all indirect.

Fact is most cars lose weight wuth modding if you pay attention. Then there are those that have to have the ls7 clutch, sub frame connectors, strut tower brace, big heavy wheels/tires. If those guys are looking for speed/acceleration then yea........they did it wrong. No 2 ways about it.

Not everyone is right.....this is not elementary school. The award fir 2nd shouldn't be the same as the one for 1st.

I can blab.....i know what my car has done over the years in various forms along with other builds i have been involved in. I know builds are and should be different then what they were 10yrs ago just do to info and parts available.

Not always......but when its a 2v, 3v or na 4v mostly yea it's not proper. [\QUOTE]

So...2v, 3v, and 4vs can't beat a "proper" LS?
Old 04-26-2016, 05:09 PM
Teching In

This slow *** 4th Gen is mine. I bought this car last year from a guy who had done most of the work and I have been slowly making this car proper and cleaning up a lot of the typical garage built mess. The numbers I got from the old owner were as follows:

N/A 490 RWHP
150 shot 590RWHP

11.28 @ 119.61 N/A and 10.40 (forgot MPH) on the spray.

I haven't ran it on the track, but did Dyno it last year to simply sort out my IAT timing mod so the car could be sprayed on the street with out putting in a different tune, car made less power (420 N/A) and more power on the spray (620) then the owners previous numbers. I could care less what it makes as I don't race dyno numbers. We left it very conservative on timing and fuel as I do drive this car like a street car and don't want it on the edge with a stock rotating assembly. Car has a Edge 4400 stall and a 9" Moser, so Im sure those are eating some HP numbers, and I have no idea if they locked the converter when the previous owner Dynoed it, we did NOT lock the converter when we dynoed, and in all due respect the operator doesn't have a tone of experience with stalled auto cars on the dyno as he is pretty good with import stuff but not a lot of V8 cars.

Now, I have never scaled the car, so weight is simply a shot in the dark, but since I purchased the car I put in a Racecraft MS K-member, and removed some small things like the cruise control and various small brackets and other garbage. I recently installed a set of Kirkey seats and removed the rears completely, and the car still has the stock crash bar as of now but I have a Midwest Chassis bumper support sitting in a box waiting for my VFN hood to show, (need to fab up some tabs for the pin on hood).

Now, this car isn't much of a roll racing car as it is designed to race from a dig, so a 40 roll in second has me little behind the RPM and at a disadvantage just as he is at the same from this dig race that didn't find its way to this conversation.

I hope to get the car into the 9's as it sits with a new Nitrous Outlet plate instead of the single nozzle junk he had stuffed into the rubber boot ahead of the TB. I agree I think the numbers he ran are soft for this setup and I hope to improve on them, maybe this dig video will shed some light on its potential. This was a motor pass, after this DIG we did a 40 roll, as that was the original video posted.

Last edited by stopdropanroll; 04-26-2016 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stopdropanroll
This slow *** 4th Gen is mine. I bought this car last year from a guy who had done most of the work and I have been slowly making this car proper and cleaning up a lot of the typical garage built mess. The numbers I got from the old owner were as follows:

N/A 490 RWHP
150 shot 590RWHP

I haven't ran it on the track, but did Dyno it last year to simply sort out my IAT timing mod so the car could be sprayed on the street with out putting in a different tune, car made less power (420 N/A) and more power on the spray (620) then the owners previous numbers. I could care less what it makes as I don't race dyno numbers. We left it very conservative on timing and fuel as I do drive this car like a street car and don't want it on the edge with a stock rotating assembly. Car has a Edge 4400 stall and a 9" Moser, so Im sure those are eating some HP numbers, and I have no idea if they locked the converter when the previous owner Dynoed it, we did NOT lock the converter when we dynoed, and in all due respect the operator doesn't have a tone of experience with stalled auto cars on the dyno as he is pretty good with import stuff but not a lot of V8 cars.

Now, I have never scaled the car, so weight is simply a shot in the dark, but since I purchased the car I put in a Racecraft MS K-member, and removed some small things like the cruise control and various small brackets and other garbage. I recently installed a set of Kirkey seats and removed the rears completely, and the car still has the stock crash bar as of now but I have a Midwest Chassis bumper support sitting in a box waiting for my VFN hood to show, (need to fab up some tabs for the pin on hood).

Now, this car isn't much of a roll racing car as it is designed to race from a dig, so a 40 roll in second has me little behind the RPM and at a disadvantage just as he is at the same from this dig race that didn't find its way to this conversation.

I hope to get the car into the 9's as it sits with a new Nitrous Outlet plate instead of the single nozzle junk he had stuffed into the rubber boot ahead of the TB. I agree I think the numbers he ran are soft for this setup and I hope to improve on them, maybe this dig video will shed some light on its potential.

https://youtu.be/8Q7ehFp4ofI
Fawk! That's movin' out!
Old 04-26-2016, 09:45 PM
Banned

N/A 490 RWHP
150 shot 590RWHP

I hope to get the car into the 9's as it sits with a new Nitrous Outlet plate instead of the single nozzle junk he had stuffed into the rubber boot ahead of the TB. I agree I think the numbers he ran are soft for this setup and I hope to improve on them, maybe this dig video will shed some light on its potential. This was a motor pass, after this DIG we did a 40 roll, as that was the original video posted.

Lmao, i worder why Tye didn't show the dig run?? Holy buses. Nice car man.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrLsx
Lmao, i worder why Tye didn't show the dig run?? Holy buses. Nice car man.
Well, to be honest I never posted that roll race publicly as it doesn't favor my car as well as the dig, but after reading 7 pages of how slow my car is I figured that I would at least post a good video of it. Tye is a good sport, and understandably is going to post his best video.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, to be honest I never posted that roll race publicly as it doesn't favor my car as well as the dig, but after reading 7 pages of how slow my car is I figured that I would at least post a good video of it. Tye is a good sport, and understandably is going to post his best video.
Don't take what they say too personally. Anything that doesn't weigh 2800lbs and has the best of the best parts is slow. Car hauls *** man!
Old 04-26-2016, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

N/A 490 RWHP
150 shot 590RWHP

Good run and fast car mang. I want a stall really, really bad naow.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Would've been cool to post both roll and dig races to begin with. Assuming having both vids available, only posting the one that favors your car and also not giving/showing the other car's deserved credit is kinda shady. Just my opinion.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by R6cowboy
Would've been cool to post both roll and dig races to begin with. Assuming having both vids available, only posting the one that favors your car and also not giving/showing the other car's deserved credit is kinda shady. Just my opinion.
In his defense I never posted the roll video just as he never posted the dig, I'll admit that the roll wasn't a good race for my car, and I'll have to figure out how to get it more competitive with my setup from a roll. Not to many chances for good dig races in our area.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I could have definitely posted the dig, but I just enjoyed reading pages and pages of people that don't know what they are talking about. There should be plenty more races coming from our group this year.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Teching In

Stalled autos are definitely hard to beat from a dig on the street.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

N/A 490 RWHP
150 shot 590RWHP

Well no use in you being to offended since you didn't build it yourself i suppose. To me there is alot left in that car na.....when you get done properizing it I'm sure that will show.

Good luck with it.

Quick Reply: 15 5.br0 vs God's Chariot and LS3 4th gen