Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Yes we called that a long time ago. He does a cam swap with rockers.....bolt ons brah.
Proof?
Old 05-05-2016, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
I would remove the "i" from that as its a stock intake, ported but stock. I agree its H/C if you agree that LS6 heads/cam on an LS1 is H/C.

That's a stretch. So its ok for a 01 cobra to put Mach 1 heads on it but using 04 cobra heads makes it different? If you think doing what Modular Man did is any different than a LS6 heads/cam fbody, you're a tool and you can crawl back under the rock in your trailer park.
Dougs car actually has a complete crate ls6.

I also have no problem with anyone piecing an engine together to factory specs and calling it bolt on. Not all cars are new and some need rebuilt engines. Factory spec is factory spec.

Even if OP had a complete stock mach 1 engine in his car and called it a bolt on mach1 engine, that's what it is.

But his configuration never left the factory as such. It would be comparable to ls6 heads and ls7 cam on an ls1 and calling it a bolt on engine. The factory never spec' done like that so its just not bolt ons. If it were i could gain another 50-60 hp yet and still be bolt ons. But no dice.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Things I've learned in this thread:

LS guys talk more smack than they can back up.
Jake hasn't changed, and gets angsty at the drop of a hat.
Cobras can run pretty damn good with factory ****.
Hammer is still a troll, but a loveable one at that.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Well.........Mach 1 heads and 03/04 cobra heads are the same.
+1....cams are same also.
I was wondering if anyone was going to call that..
Old 05-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
Things I've learned in this thread:

LS guys talk more smack than they can back up.
Jake hasn't changed, and gets angsty at the drop of a hat.
Cobras can run pretty damn good with factory ****.
Hammer is still a troll, but a loveable one at that.
Hammer is definitely troll of the year. He might beat out Jake on that one. But he has a nice HCI Trans
Old 05-05-2016, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DrLsx
Anyone who fills up their non-Flex Fuel (or anyway to compensate at all) vehicle with e85, should be ******* tarred and feathered just for being so ignorant. It doesn't save money because you get like 10+ mIles less per gallon with it. So all they are doing it just shortening the life of their fuel system and engine.
Very true. That's why I explained to those people who didn't know any better to not use it. Mind you, they weren't "car guys/gals" and certainly don't know much about engines and whatnot, so it wasn't ignorance on their part, they simply were never informed at that point.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:19 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by redbird555
Lol Dennis gets so mad here for no reason. If I do or don't race my car who cares? I don't come in here telling people I know what my car runs or making outrageous claims. I merely comment on situations like 97% of the rest of the people here do and call bs if I think it is...I didn't know you needed a time slip to post in here, you don't even need an ls car to post on ls1tech for that matter. Calling someone out on a completely unrelated topics like that is a typical response of someone who has simply run out of material.
He is quite repetitive.
Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Um no...I have never lied about my mods. And if you want to break it down further, putting 243 heads/LS6 cam in a LS1 would essentially make it a LS6 which was a production engine not a Frankenstein motor consisting of stock parts from various years that the 4.6 in OP has. Either way I agree that you can not really claim either one is factory stock.
Troof
Dennis really does get pretty mad. My guess is he spent his late 20s and most of his 30s, getting Rick Rolled by LS cars. So now that he finally managed to get a moon boosted Ford to run decent, he comes online for payback, from all the traumatizing LS loses her received.
Lol
Originally Posted by islander033
Hiocrew is always flappin lips instead of slips.
You count your slips I'll count mine

Btw...my camaro has 120+k miles on it. Way more time for potential races.
Originally Posted by R6cowboy
I get what you mean. What I meant by "fine", is at the time of using the e85 there was absolutely nothing noticeably wrong/negative when driving the cars.
That's also why I previously mentioned that over a longer period of time there will be negative effects using e85 without proper fuel system setup and proper tuning.
Now....did it run "fine" at wot? Probably not...even if part throttle was "fine"

Now on the flip side i have seen tests where much stronger mixtures than e10 ran fine and actually made power. But the way you came across was empty your tank and fill up on e85 and your "fine".
I would remove the "i" from that as its a stock intake, ported but stock. I agree its H/C if you agree that LS6 heads/cam on an LS1 is H/C.

That's a stretch. So its ok for a 01 cobra to put Mach 1 heads on it but using 04 cobra heads makes it different? If you think doing what Modular Man did is any different than a LS6 heads/cam fbody, you're a tool and you can crawl back under the rock in your trailer park.
Ported intake is i. Some of those intakes are cut apart to be ported.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
Dougs car actually has a complete crate ls6.

I also have no problem with anyone piecing an engine together to factory specs and calling it bolt on. Not all cars are new and some need rebuilt engines. Factory spec is factory spec.

Even if OP had a complete stock mach 1 engine in his car and called it a bolt on mach1 engine, that's what it is.

But his configuration never left the factory as such. It would be comparable to ls6 heads and ls7 cam on an ls1 and calling it a bolt on engine. The factory never spec' done like that so its just not bolt ons. If it were i could gain another 50-60 hp yet and still be bolt ons. But no dice.
Yup on all accounts
Old 05-05-2016, 11:31 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

You count your slips I'll count mine

How many does your cars have from 2015 and 2016?

I bet even with your low education you can count to zero. lol

PS. You can combine all of hiocrew slips for those years and I still have more.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heck, I probably have more in that context and I don't even race as much as you do
Old 05-05-2016, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Now....did it run "fine" at wot? Probably not...even if part throttle was "fine"

Now on the flip side i have seen tests where much stronger mixtures than e10 ran fine and actually made power. But the way you came across was empty your tank and fill up on e85 and your "fine".
Would it make you less upset if I say it ran with "no problems" in lieu of "fine"? I did it once myself and know a few others who have. I'm only telling my experience. I'm sorry if you can't except it, I guess.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:57 PM
10 Second Club

Don't be stippin out now. Postem up big boy.....you're such the racer you had to have been doin it longer than 1year and 5 months.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:09 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Don't be stippin out now. Postem up big boy.....you're such the racer you had to have been doin it longer than 1year and 5 months.
ZERO slips from you huh?
How about SR vids? Still ZERO from you....

Go hard park at starbucks, with all the other wannabe racers. LMAO
Old 05-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This. I REALLY rained on his little parade, and he cant stand it!

Treyson, next time maybe you shouldn't tell lies that are so easily traceable. And I can't stop laughing about how you think "Hio and hammer do the same thing!". Seriously, are you 8 years old? That is the equivalent to "THEY STARTED IT!, from back in 3rd grade . And no they haven't, bird brain. When has Hio or hammer ever listed a complete bullshit/shady set of mods? Or when have they listed a set of their mods at all? They are always vague about it. That's their personal choice if they don't want everyone knowing the details of their cars. Also, the fact that you did this just to "get back at them" says what a ******* woman you really are. But I think all that is likely just a cover up anyway, because you got caught lying, and now we all know how full of **** you are.
You act like I made this thread thinking I wouldn't get caught LOL. You are so angry, Jake. You can ask both parties in the race and I told them what I was going to do. I knew it would create a shitshow, and that it did. You being the main joker.

I'm scared yet you're scared to come here and race me after YOU called ME out.

Last edited by Its Stock; 05-05-2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZERO slips from you huh?
How about SR vids? Still ZERO from you....

Go hard park at starbucks, with all the other wannabe racers. LMAO
I laughed ******* hard lololololol.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jakes scared to race anybody
Old 05-05-2016, 01:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

It is not quite the same, but either way I agreed neither can be considered factory stock. Crawl under my trailer park rock huh? I could buy your car and a few more on top CASH. No banks own my vehicles or home. Don't try and profile because I own a Fbody, I could OWN something much more expensive if I chose too but I choose to live debt free...bet you can not say that can ya?
Old 05-05-2016, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Me too!!
Old 05-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Stock
You act like I made this thread thinking I wouldn't get caught LOL. You are so angry, Jake. You can ask both parties in the race and I told them what I was going to do. I knew it would create a shitshow, and that it did. You being the main joker.

I'm scared yet you're scared to come here and race me after YOU called ME out.
Angry? Pretty sure I've laughed my *** off at your butthurt. Because it's obvious that's why you orchestrated this little charade. You actually went out if your way to set up a race between the shittiest running/set up F body you could find, and a mustang with a bunch of Frankenstein mods on it. Most of which you lied about. I'm sure glad that I occupy that much of your little mind, kid. This just got even funnier! :roflmao:

And where in the hell did I say anything about racing you in that post? But no, you initially called me out. So you can drive here. Let me know when you're on your way, so I can get out the leash to take you for a nice long walk.
Old 05-05-2016, 01:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
It is not quite the same, but either way I agreed neither can be considered factory stock. Crawl under my trailer park rock huh? I could buy your car and a few more on top CASH. No banks own my vehicles or home. Don't try and profile because I own a Fbody, I could OWN something much more expensive if I chose too but I choose to live debt free...bet you can not say that can ya?
You ride clean but your gas tank is on E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra