Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2016, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prototype007
You like to keep dancing around with stips, so you're deeply bothered.

Poor LS1 fanboy tries so hard and continues to fall so short. You and Mappins can go hold each other's dicks and cry in the corner.
Not really, I think I made my point that the lt1s are not superior to a LS. That's all I was saying. Why would I cry I don't own a LT1 or a LS1 for that mater
Old 05-12-2016, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
LS1's make more power yes. If you are talking 243 heads STOCK not ported, a good ported stock casting LT1 head flows about the same. You take a 350 LT1 and turn it into a 383 and it is comparable to a mild H/C/I LS1 setup power wise. The 383 having a little more torque and the added cubic inches helps power production. You start doing the speed secrets like rotational mass, LS1 air induction, gasket matching intake, and exhaust flanges, proper gear ratio you can make a LT1 go. You can also do those same things to LS but those are variables than can even two setups or make them different. I'm sure a lot of people don't realize a LS1 lid setup on a LT1 is worth 10-15whp alone. Not even taking into account adding a ram air setup. Hell a proper merge collector rather than a lesser flowing pacesetter y pipe can be worth another 10-15whp. I am talking H/C/I 383 gains on the lid and merge. LS1's pick that much up too on a f body with some of the merges that are out there. You are not going to get those kind of gains out of a bolt on car.

Point is, if you squeeze everything out of a LT1 you can, you should be able to run with a mild LS1 setup. Trust me!
The car I was talking about had 241s it was a 02 ws6. At the same time I agree with what your saying. So that doesn't make the lt1 more superior. All I've been saying but you got a lt1 fan boy here, so I'm sure he will disagree with that. At the same time I'm sure 80% of tech will disagree with a lt1 being more superior.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Big cubes the LS wins. Average every day stuff it can be close. Just the LS is a gazillion times easier to work on. LS just plain start with better heads as well.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by big hammer
Big cubes the LS wins. Average every day stuff it can be close. Just the LS is a gazillion times easier to work on. LS just plain start with better heads as well.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
The car I was talking about had 241s it was a 02 ws6. At the same time I agree with what your saying. So that doesn't make the lt1 more superior. All I've been saying but you got a lt1 fan boy here, so I'm sure he will disagree with that. At the same time I'm sure 80% of tech will disagree with a lt1 being more superior.
I was never trying to make a point where it was superior at all. Just that you can make respectable power with it. It is a SBC with reverese coolant flow allowing higher compression levels. Once you spend money on converted 18* heads all bets are off though. LS stuff is mainstream and proven. The best option for budget/simplicity/power output.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
That's the point I was making as well. LT stuff is great, I love the sound and look of LT1 cars. But the LS is just a better overall starting point. Ya boi Jake didn't get that. You think he would, seeing as he has an LS car
Old 05-12-2016, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islander033
Can't you just turn all the nannies off with the button?
Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Its supposed to be off via the tune, but I believe he is saying to pull the fuse just in case there is something still on for what ever reason.
Toon doesn't turn all the nannies off....there is a button to push and hold.
Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Yes, but I think what he's also trying to say is that button doesn't fully disable it neither.

At least on my truck, I can turn the nannies off by pressing and holding the button but in an event if I'm spinning way too much, TC will still kick back on.

You have to pull the fuse to get rid of it for good. At least that's how it is on my truck.
^^ This... I have heard of issues with the S550s on dynos activating trac control even with it disabled because or the speed difference between front/rear wheels. Thats why most dyno operators will pull the Trac fuse before the pulls. I am just guessing that ItsStock's issue is trac control related, and if he pulls the fuse that will remove all doubt.
Old 05-12-2016, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Its Stock
If you push the brake and hold the traction control button for a few seconds, advance track turns off. Apparently not all the way off.
Yeah.. I used to run my GT500 full trac off and still would nose down. Never made any more runs where I pulled the fuse... so I cant tell you it would have fixed it... but worth a try anyway... its just a fuse. If it does the same thing, just pop it back in and figure out what else could be causing it.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:23 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Yeah.. I used to run my GT500 full trac off and still would nose down. Never made any more runs where I pulled the fuse... so I cant tell you it would have fixed it... but worth a try anyway... its just a fuse. If it does the same thing, just pop it back in and figure out what else could be causing it.
Y'all sure have a lot of issue with that lil button. No issues here br0s.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:00 AM
11 Second Club

Y'all sure have a lot of issue with that lil button. No issues here br0s.
I used the button pretty well. Never tracked down the nose down stuff... I assumed it was in the tune.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:26 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

I used the button pretty well. Never tracked down the nose down stuff... I assumed it was in the tune.
I assume it was user error.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, the problem was with you assuming.
Because you did ***-U-ME, you made an *** out of U and ME.

Sorry, this just reminded me of the Odd Couple with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman.

Just disregard this post....
Old 05-13-2016, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

I assume it was user error.
Yeah.. probably

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Actually, the problem was with you assuming.
Because you did ***-U-ME, you made an *** out of U and ME.

Sorry, this just reminded me of the Odd Couple with Tony Randall and Jack Klugman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEP1acj29-Y

Just disregard this post....
\

Haha.. been many years since I saw that show... remember it though.

Quick Reply: Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra