Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Um what is a 97-00 LS1 cam worth in new LS if that is true? .5 HP?? You guys have accused Hammer of LS6 cam,heads and everything else. Geez.

Green Cobra is a neat car despite the dishonesty but an average bolt on LS1 would run right with that car.

Jake's car should run 11s easy. He needs to stop being a hardhead and get some gear in it. With some weight reduction high 10s is possible.
Yeah I like the green cobra too
Old 05-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer
Yeah I like the green cobra too
I agree too, that thing looks pretty nice. And if it's true, using mostly factory ford parts is pretty cool. Too bad I just don't trust what's been done, so who cares
Old 05-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Somethingd wrong with that ta
Old 05-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DrLsx
It's funny because the only way a NA 4v can look impressive, is by deception.
When I get some good track times with the way the car sits. I'll be doing some baby .430 lift cams and I'll be looking for 10's.

And I'll be sure to use the well know LS term "Cam Only"
Old 05-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by modularman
when i get some good track times with the way the car sits. I'll be doing some baby .430 lift cams and i'll be looking for 10's.

And i'll be sure to use the well know ls term "cam only"
h/c/i
Old 05-05-2016, 09:03 PM
Teching In

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm not the one who keeps bringing my speedo vid up. These 12 second br0s are obviously butthurt that I showed proof that I have a car, and they know it's much faster than theirs. Keep reaching, corky.
Deflection noted. No one is scared of your turd. All you did was prove your car is slow. And again you directly contradict yourself when you talk **** and you just pretend it didnt happen.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not the one who keeps bringing my speedo vid up. These 12 second br0s are obviously butthurt that I showed proof that I have a car, and they know it's much faster than theirs. Keep reaching, corky.
This was **** poor proof of someone else's car lmao.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jake, some of the things you do are kinda ricer ish:
"Lol! My old lid/catback Z28 trapped 89 in the 1/8..... On a public road that was about an 1/8 long with a radar gun"
"Yeah well my speedo vid moves as fast as a 10 second car and some guy online said it's fast so there I don't need a track time, some guy said I'm fast"
rolleyes:
Old 05-05-2016, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by V8EATR
So you can afford to pay cash for a 40K+ car, but you choose to drive an fbody...whatever floats your boat man. You do what makes you happy and I'll do what makes me happy.
Yea believe it or not there are still people in this country who choose to live debt free and not in "bankownsmylifeneverland". And Fyi I do not choose to drive a Fbody, I drive a Yukon daily and a Regal for a work vehicle. The Camaro is purely a toy. It's never been daily driven in it's 14yrs of existence.

In regards to your "makes you happy statement".. Sounds great, maybe next time you will use that lump 3 feet above your *** before making stupid assumptions and profiling people on the internet based on what they drive or own.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
h/c/i
Stock heads, stock cams, stock intake just ported.

Lots of stock going on here. I've came to learn that if you had aftermarket components or port work, then you have to label your car like that.

Not to bash ls1tech, but to label a .397 lift cam with only 206 duration as a cammed car is absurd. LMAO
Old 05-05-2016, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
Yea believe it or not there are still people in this country who choose to live debt free and not in "bankownsmylifeneverland".
I like it! I was debt free until the old lady's 2015 Kia Optima (she makes the payments but in my name). Still freaks me out every day.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know my 6.0 qualifies as cam only.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
I like it! I was debt free until the old lady's 2015 Kia Optima (she makes the payments but in my name). Still freaks me out every day.
I consigned for a "good friend" on a car loan about 5 years ago. One of the dumbest things I ever did. He made like 3 payments and then let it get repo'd. I ended up having to pay it off. Cool story, huh?
Old 05-05-2016, 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Jake, some of the things you do are kinda ricer ish:
"Lol! My old lid/catback Z28 trapped 89 in the 1/8..... On a public road that was about an 1/8 long with a radar gun"
"Yeah well my speedo vid moves as fast as a 10 second car and some guy online said it's fast so there I don't need a track time, some guy said I'm fast"
rolleyes:
Just stating facts, bro.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ModularMan

Lots of stock going on here. I've came to learn that if you had aftermarket components or port work, then you have to label your car like that.

Not to bash ls1tech, but to label a .397 lift cam with only 206 duration as a cammed car is absurd. LMAO
Hey I think your car is pretty cool, looks great, goes pretty damn good too. But word play is gay, and thoes heads didn't come on your car (99 Cobra that is) stock. I don't care about any other cobra. If I put a stock ls7 or LSX 454 in my car I wouldn't be calling it stock, because they came in a 5g z28 or a copo.
If you raced a class that calls for the factory block & head it wouldn't make it.
If your car runs good for what it is there is no reason to hide or word play period. Just means you are too slow.

There is people on here that will back up a Ford guy no matter what, and trying to back up some one hiding something is laughable. And they think a couple people on here are hiding somthing so they pull the "well you do it" card, also laughable.
Some people will back up a GM guy no matter what too.
All that **** is

And it does not matter the size of the cam, being cammed means the cam was changed. No one's fault if you put a baby cam in there and don't want it to be call just that

Last edited by 408-99-f; 05-06-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey I think your car is pretty cool, looks great, goes pretty damn good too. But word play is gay, and thoes heads didn't come on your car (99 Cobra that is) stock. I don't care about any other cobra. If I put a stock ls7 or LSX 454 in my car I wouldn't be calling it stock, because they came in a 5g z28 or a copo.
If you raced a class that calls for the factory block & head it wouldn't make it.
If your car runs good for what it is there is no reason to hide or word play period. Just means you are too slow.

There is people on here that will back up a Ford guy no matter what, and trying to back up some one hiding something is laughable. And they think a couple people on here are hiding somthing so they pull the "well you do it" card, also laughable.
All that **** is

And it does not matter the size of the cam, being cammed means the cam was changed. No one's fault if you put a baby cam in there and don't want it to be call just that
Nice post. This is the type of post I like to see in the morning
Old 05-06-2016, 07:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
His car would probably slow down with the ls7. He has it so perfectly dialed in.

Why else would any other sane person have an ls7 laying around in their garage and not use it?
Originally Posted by ModularMan

By that same sentiment I could go throw a set of 243 heads on an ls1 and use a stock ls6 cam then come back and say exactly what you are. It's retarded that engine combo was never available from the factory so it's not a bolt on car...
Old 05-06-2016, 07:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I consigned for a "good friend" on a car loan about 5 years ago. One of the dumbest things I ever did. He made like 3 payments and then let it get repo'd. I ended up having to pay it off. Cool story, huh?
Yep, that is what freaks me out about it. That's why it is only in my name.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

NMRA has an entry level heads up class called factory stock. You are allow to mix and match OEM parts so him having 03/04 heads would pass tech. Now the ported intake wouldn't pass but just porting an intake does very little on these motors. Reducing runner length is where the gains are.

-Mark
Old 05-06-2016, 07:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 434 Likes on 341 Posts

All that **** is

Good post

I think his car is pretty cool to.....minus the bullshit.

A very good comparison would be to use 99/00 cam and 243 heads.

Quick Reply: Cam/6.0L T/A vs Bolt On 99 Cobra