Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
This video is the straw that broke the camels back. I will be getting a blue M6 6th gen in a few years. Mods will be Borla s type exhaust, and MGW shifter.
They are nice. His car is a definite low 12 car. Moves pretty good.

Originally Posted by Prototype007
Great runs, guys!
Originally Posted by big hammer
Nice runs man
thanky

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
So tune and E85 15+ GT is enough to pull a 2016 SS.... Says a lot about both cars, Both are very quick from the factory. I would love to see the SS with an E85 tune and a re-race to see how evenly modded ones run together!

Nice kill Poppa!
I think evenly modded, the 6gen Camaro has more than the 5.0s right now. It takes mods to keep up, and we all know that.

Originally Posted by MACHXLR8
Very Nice! Good close runs. It seemed that Poppa did have a slight pull up top but that could be because of the difference in mods.
Great vid, Poppa and you got your stang moving nicely.

6th Gen looks killer! Really sweet car and damn quick!
Thanks man

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
E85+tune on the SS should give it the win. DI picks up a lot with e85. I wouldn't want it on my car though.
Yeah, an E85 tune would definitely give the SS the W. They gain 30ish rwhp on E85 tunes. I think a nornal 93 tune would make for very interesting races.

Poppa, buy a stall already!
I will eventually.... but I keep looking at C6 Z06s on autotrader for some damned reason

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
I think your average tune/e85 bro I'll put a car or so on. I feel like banner is slightly above average.
Mine runs ok. There are others that run similar.. but there is also an overabundance of owners who know nothing about their cars, and their performance shows it

I'm so terrified of street racing but I wanna 50-140-150 before I retire from racing lol.
I was skeered too man. Would love to do a runway event sometime where we can roll to whatever speed legally

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
I think if the 6th gen gets a tune only, that'll be the death of Poppa's Br0.
I think with a 93 tune he would stop my pull. Would be an interesting race

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Awesome runs!
Thanky CMan!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Good runs guys

Thanks for the honorable mention poppa!! Lol

You want evenly modded......till you would get evenly modded

And I agree... would like to run with similar mods.. but we know the 6gen has an advantage. Its not a secret.

Originally Posted by big hammer
I'd love to race poppa with my cobra
I dont have nuthin for the Cobra

I remember when I had my first beer.
Lol... yeah he been drankin'
Old 05-31-2016, 07:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great driving in that 6G. Curious if a bone stock A8 would pull a car against Pops.

Bro is no slouch either making the the outcome even more impressive!
Old 05-31-2016, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Almesri_GTO
1998-2002 is the real camaro
I love my catfish, but they are all "real" in there own right.

Nice runs poppa, car looks great. I'm not a fan of yellow cars, but there is no denying, that is one sharp car.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Great driving in that 6G. Curious if a bone stock A8 would pull a car against Pops.

Thanks... I would love to find a local A8 6gen to run. Im sure more will be in the area over the summer, but I plan on more mods soon, so wont be the same comparison wise with runs.

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
I love my catfish, but they are all "real" in there own right.

Nice runs poppa, car looks great. I'm not a fan of yellow cars, but there is no denying, that is one sharp car.
Thanks man. Yellow wasnt what I thought I would want color wise but I looked at many pics of different colors before I bought, and the yellow stood out to me.. was considering white and Competition orange too.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Very nice vid poppa! Pretty clear with a tune only on a 6g it's game over for a lbo coyote. Both cars are impressive but those 6g's are nasty. I'm looking at both as we speak (new 5.0 manual with blower, and m6 6g 1ss with sunroof). decisions decisions
Manual Coyote + blower = broken trans. With the autos today, I could not see buying another manual. Used to be the other way around. I'm old though...
Old 05-31-2016, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

Well he's my one and only Street race in this. It has been 5 years since my last. Just needed to get it done.
Nice run, I'm going to buy a 6g in the next couple years.
Anything you would change, as far as options?
And how fast were you spinning that motor?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Good runs . 6g continues to impress.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL..
Yea, nothing like that shitty feeling of your heart coming out of your chest, when you think you see a cop on the side of the road while you're doing a buck and some change.
Depending on what conditions look like and where you are, you may have to keep it pegged... Which is an even worse feeling.

I said that when I bought both my Z28 and MACH new. That did not last long after I got beat a couple of times.
LOL This is factual

Well he's my one and only Street race in this. It has been 5 years since my last. Just needed to get it done.
5 years since you've raced on the streets. Not bad for your runs then.

Originally Posted by islander033
good close pulls!
Agreed. Looked like a pretty slow walk on the top end... And considering the mods vs a stock car... The 6G is no joke.

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28

A8 would be quicker for sure than the M6. No denying it. Autos just faster nowadays.

Originally Posted by bth2278
Good runs . 6g continues to impress.
Agreed.

Good runs here and good win Poppa. the 5.0 has a good top end to it on these rolls. Glad to see you were leaving in "D". LOL
Old 05-31-2016, 09:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
Nice run, I'm going to buy a 6g in the next couple years.
Anything you would change, as far as options?
And how fast were you spinning that motor?
6500rpms.
As far as options, I'm happy with the 1ss I wish mine had the painted black wheels (200$ option). But the most important thing is NPP to me. If I could have built my own i would have went 1ss with LPO Blade, Front Splitter, Black wheels, NPP, black bowties. And probably they gray color( love white just the grey is the ****.)
Old 05-31-2016, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

As much as I'd like to admit I could best an a8 I just don't know/doubt it. I used to could out shift autos I felt like. Just can't anymore. Still wouldn't own one for a tenth or two and maybe a mph and a half.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

I just prefer manuals. My V wagon was fbo auto and it was so damned boring to me which is one of the reasons why I sold it. Mt82's suck this I know but I'm willing to try it out worse case scenario I build the trans, If that fails I slap in another mt82 and sell it lol.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I just got my hands on this video. This is a manual 6th gen SS. Kid claimed tune only but he said on whatever dyno it was on it made 430 stock and 480 after his "tune." Either way, 40-140ish, second run was a botched run, thats why it was short.

My car is flex fuel, full exhaust and cai. Empty weight is about 100lbs heavier than Poppas.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

very nice indeed V8EATR. That was impressive, I was expecting the 6g to walk you pretty good. In some cases looks like drivers race (both modded).
Old 05-31-2016, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V8EATR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2ayCOvmFI

I just got my hands on this video. This is a manual 6th gen SS. Kid claimed tune only but he said on whatever dyno it was on it made 430 stock and 480 after his "tune." Either way, 40-140ish, second run was a botched run, thats why it was short.

My car is flex fuel, full exhaust and cai. Empty weight is about 100lbs heavier than Poppas.
Ask him for some daytime runs I'd lik to see some 20-40rolls.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

Nice thorough video and good daytime runs, hell yea.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Good runs here and good win Poppa. the 5.0 has a good top end to it on these rolls. Glad to see you were leaving in "D". LOL
Lol! Well, I was starting in S mode manual with paddles... so just a matter of popping it into D after I take off... Just nervousness got the best of me on that one run, and hit limiter right when I pushed it into D. RPMS rise quick in 1st gear @ 20mph.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

6500rpms.
As far as options, I'm happy with the 1ss I wish mine had the painted black wheels (200$ option). But the most important thing is NPP to me. If I could have built my own i would have went 1ss with LPO Blade, Front Splitter, Black wheels, NPP, black bowties. And probably they gray color( love white just the grey is the ****.)
I would look into some good aftermarket wheels man. You would be amazed at the weight you can save over OEM wheels/tires.. and not hurt the warranty one bit. My street setup is 19x9.5 SVE Drifts, and the rims weigh 26lbs each. I need to actually weight them with tires, and my oem 18" wheels to compare the weight. I DO know the rear Racestars are supposed to be 23lbs. So on the rear I didn't really save that much weight over the Drifts. The fronts, I believe I saved about 20lbs per side... which is pretty good reduction. I would be interested in seeing how my car does without the drag pack on it. I know I couldnt do 20 rolls on the Invos.. but 50rolls should work with them.

Originally Posted by V8EATR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj2ayCOvmFI

Good run man! So long tubes/cat delete is pretty much what you have done over mine. I still run stock airbox though... I am OCD about Intake Air Temps. I still have a Steeda setup sitting in the spare room ... I might throw it on and see how it does with a tune vs no tune(how I tested before).

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Nice thorough video and good daytime runs, hell yea.
Thanks man. I love daytime videos... only issue is all the damned blurring you have to do. That was time consuming.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Manual Coyote + blower = broken trans.
Folklore. I guess everything on the internet must be true.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

6,500 RPM. They finally bumped the rev limiter. I drove a 2011 2SS and had to shift at 6,200. Literally the only thing I hated about the car. 9 years later and it has the same rev limiter as a 2002 camaro
Old 06-01-2016, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Was that a l99? Because a ls3 has been 6500 or 6600 since it came out.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS