Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016 | 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95Prplppletrz28
While admittedly lost most of those races. I don't fault the upper end of my power band. I have watched these races now 4 times each examining where I was losing or gaining. And to me it seemed like my last few 100rpms is where I'd stop the pull but would have to change gears. This was most evident to me in the final 2 runs.
Your car doesn't lack top end, I am thinking its just where our shifts overlap. I checked a calculator online, and at 7200rpm in my car, these should be the speeds I am at.

1st Gear (mph): 45mph

2nd Gear (mph): 80mph

3rd Gear (mph): 123mph

4th Gear (mph): 163mph

5th Gear (mph): 217mph NOT!

6th Gear (mph): 270mph

So it looks like I would go into 4th gear around 125mph. Mine falls to about 5200rpm on the shifts, so it would be in the meat of the curve. Would be interesting to try some runs to 140-150 though.
Old 06-01-2016 | 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
Guy at my work just got a blue Camaro SS. Haven't really checked out the car (don't know him), but man is it freaking gorgeous. I wasn't keen on the 6gen looks in the beginning, but seeing the car in person instantly changed my mind. The blue just makes the car look that much better.
I will admit... I am more of a fan after seeing one in person. The spoiler prpl added to his really sets it off too. Looks really good.

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
Good runs. Lightweight wheels make a noticeable difference. Can't ever go wrong lightening the rotational mass.
It's the small details that count. Although I may give me street tires/wheels a try sometime since we are not that far from each other.

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
It does things to you. I have seen quite a lot around me. One thing Chevy is getting right, exhaust tips. They are putting the absolute best looking exhaust tips on their cars.
Is Mappin Fappin to da' Blue?

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Probably just a difference in the gear splits. Fact is you was looking at the back of what is likely a stock camaro for a very long time.

Npp is just their optional exhaust. They used ti rate the car different or they did the vette anyway. Now it seems it make no more power tgan the regular exhaust it's just louder at wot.
V8 has more mods than me Hio... so his car should be faster than mine. It stands to reason that the Camaro guy was telling the truth on his mods.

Also... NPP exhaust is kind of like my catback... a sound mod... no appreciable or worthy power from it.

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
Late to the party, but nice runs Poppa! Nothing better than close runs and great daytime videos too, looked like a lot of fun
Thanks man! They were fun. I am sure we are going to try to get together for more runs sometime. Would like to get them both to the 1/4 mile track and make some runs too before I do my next round of mods.
Old 06-02-2016 | 12:09 AM
TECH Resident

I am fappin to the blue SS. But, I saw an identical color blue 16 Z06 and about nut my pants.
Old 06-02-2016 | 09:44 AM
Teching In

I am fappin to the blue SS. But, I saw an identical color blue 16 Z06 and about nut my pants.
I saw a grey C7Z one day and a black C7Z the very next day. They look great on the road. Also saw a black '16 Camaro SS pulled over on the side of the road by 2 cops. Needless to say I think he was having a pretty good time before the cops showed up.
Old 06-02-2016 | 05:09 PM
Launching!

Damn, these were some damn good runs! Props to both of the participants in this..
I'm digging the 6th gen.
Old 06-02-2016 | 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Great runs fellas!
Old 06-03-2016 | 01:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Been gone a few days just seen this.

Good runs about as expected. Props to both of you...
Old 06-03-2016 | 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

All these 16+SS cars and not a single one is blue. We got some delusional folks here.
Last time I looked the hyper blue was one of the more popular color choices. I've only seen 2 so far one black and one hyper.

Guessing they made hyper an extra cost color this year because it sold so well. The other blue available this year looks decent but not for me. Hyper is much better. I'll go with white, red or blue. Black is probably my favorite but too much work. Not doing it again.
Old 06-03-2016 | 08:06 AM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I will admit... I am more of a fan after seeing one in person. The spoiler prpl added to his really sets it off too. Looks really good.

It's the small details that count. Although I may give me street tires/wheels a try sometime since we are not that far from each other.

Is Mappin Fappin to da' Blue?

V8 has more mods than me Hio... so his car should be faster than mine. It stands to reason that the Camaro guy was telling the truth on his mods.

Also... NPP exhaust is kind of like my catback... a sound mod... no appreciable or worthy power from it.

Thanks man! They were fun. I am sure we are going to try to get together for more runs sometime. Would like to get them both to the 1/4 mile track and make some runs too before I do my next round of mods.
There has been lots of 5br0s slower than you with more mods. He likely is to. Until he goes to the track and shows different.

No....npp exhaust is stock. That means it's not like aftermarket exhaust.
Old 06-03-2016 | 08:32 AM
Launching!

There has been lots of 5br0s slower than you with more mods. He likely is to. Until he goes to the track and shows different.

You mean like all the stock high 13second 4th gens? The few on here actually are quick and run as they should.
Old 06-03-2016 | 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Last time I looked the hyper blue was one of the more popular color choices. I've only seen 2 so far one black and one hyper.

Guessing they made hyper an extra cost color this year because it sold so well. The other blue available this year looks decent but not for me. Hyper is much better. I'll go with white, red or blue. Black is probably my favorite but too much work. Not doing it again.
So American
Old 06-03-2016 | 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

I realize NPP is a factory option. But when switched to uts aggressive mode, it is essebtially the same as a catback on another car... people dont put catbacks on their cars for performance inprovements... they do it for sound.
Old 06-03-2016 | 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Your car doesn't lack top end, I am thinking its just where our shifts overlap. I checked a calculator online, and at 7200rpm in my car, these should be the speeds I am at.

1st Gear (mph): 45mph

2nd Gear (mph): 80mph

3rd Gear (mph): 123mph

4th Gear (mph): 163mph

5th Gear (mph): 217mph NOT!

6th Gear (mph): 270mph

So it looks like I would go into 4th gear around 125mph. Mine falls to about 5200rpm on the shifts, so it would be in the meat of the curve. Would be interesting to try some runs to 140-150 though.
Mapping out the powerband now? Nice. I dont know why though. Heard you just pop it in "D" and disappear. LOL
Old 06-03-2016 | 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by odthetruth
mapping out the powerband now? Nice. I dont know why though. Heard you just pop it in "d" and disappear. Lol
;D hehehehe
Old 06-04-2016 | 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Mapping out the powerband now? Nice. I dont know why though. Heard you just pop it in "D" and disappear. LOL
Poppa Poppin' that D

Old 06-05-2016 | 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice vid! Daytime races FTW.

Both cars ran damn good..the 5.0 definitely has 1-2 mph pull up top.. No doubt the wheels/tires are aiding in that.

Cars are real close. If that SS had been an A8, I think they would have been neck and neck..
Old 06-05-2016 | 05:51 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
You mean like all the stock high 13second 4th gens? The few on here actually are quick and run as they should.
Idk what 4gens have to do with this thread......so lets not trash it for poppa
I realize NPP is a factory option. But when switched to uts aggressive mode, it is essebtially the same as a catback on another car... people dont put catbacks on their cars for performance inprovements... they do it for sound.
Only reason i would ever change is for Performance.
Old 06-05-2016 | 05:57 PM
11 Second Club

Idk what 4gens have to do with this thread......so lets not trash it for poppa

Only reason i would ever change is for Performance.
Well, all I can say is if you could hear in person my stock exhaust sound wise vs with the catback... you would 100% agree with me. It was just WAY too quiet for me... I knew as soon as I drove off the lot headed home that I would be ordering one very soon.
Old 06-05-2016 | 06:06 PM
TECH Resident

Well, all I can say is if you could hear in person my stock exhaust sound wise vs with the catback... you would 100% agree with me. It was just WAY too quiet for me... I knew as soon as I drove off the lot headed home that I would be ordering one very soon.
no one buys a v8 for it to be quiet.
Old 06-05-2016 | 06:52 PM
10 Second Club
20 Year Member

Hell the exhaust I'm changing to is partially to reduce noise. I don't mind quiet

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang GT vs 2016 Camaro SS