Old 07-13-2016, 08:33 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Vettes run hard
Wallet racers get mad
Hi Mio!
Originally Posted by HioSSilver
.... But i can guarantee to one thing. If that tire /tune/cai mustang is capable of 12.07 then a stock vette is capable of goin faster than that at your track.
I'd agree that they should be capable....
Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
... They all parked in a row and just sat around their cars all night. They never hit the track at all.
GM guys love to hard park.
Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Bench racing to the max! So I would just be a good match for 98% of the Lt-1 camaro's your saying?
97% for sure, don't stretch too far man. lol
Old 07-13-2016, 08:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by islander033
Hi Mio!

I'd agree that they should be capable....

GM guys love to hard park.

97% for sure, don't stretch too far man. lol
True true, I was reaching a bit there.

Lol
Old 07-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Here ya go. Ls7 $12,5xx

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance...IMgaAk0d8P8HAQ

Here is a non production engine from furd. The closest thing that would try to compete cost wise. It $14,400. A 5.2 will cost more than it......no doubt about it.

https://lmr.com/item/M6007A50XS/Must...GYMaAqfc8P8HAQ

Maybe gm goal was higher than what they could get to n/a and still meet cafe. Not unheard of. They were designing a engine to be used in 3 cars.....not one very low production car. Taken that approach ut would be very easy for the LT to make more power than the 5.2

The worst part is we had to step out of production engines so furd could even compete hp wise......I'll step out for gm to so it stays fair

Well I'll be damned. Maybe next time I'll post the most powerful ls crate from gm.

Yea...526 is all they did get. All they coukd get and meet production requirements.

Door to door?? Yea your modded lighter mustang stayed pretty close to that 6gen.

Highly doubtfull....be great if it did happen.

Right now furd only makes the 5.2 block for sale and gt350 heads separately.

Well it looks like several has lost their guts now. I've posted one nocking it's *** off.
Yeah it's great you can get LS7's discounted compared to Chevy's site. I was just looking at the Chevy crate engine list. I'd love to build a pro touring '69 Camaro with an ls7 crate.

They have an A52XS (5.2L) that's coming out soon, but still won't be flat plane. They're offering a "GT350" option where I think you get heads and some other stuff. No price info yet though. Not like I would ever buy a Ford crate engine, but it's semi-close to an actual Voodoo. Probably be $16/18k with the GT350 stuff.

GM has a better selection of great crate engines. But as much as I like talking crate engines, how did we get off on this tangent? Right now Ford has a more powerful production NA engine than GM, one that actually comes in a production car which we've been discussing for the past like 3 pages lol.

But they were only designing an engine to be put into one car at the time: the C7 Z06... which should even have a bigger budget than a GT350 since they're more expensive. It's possible they had too high of power goals for an NA pushrod V8 to possibly achieve. I think we'll see what they have cooking for the Z/28, because I don't think they can get away with the LT1 for their consumers. I wouldn't be surprised if they made an "LT6", kind of like the LS6 was. That'd be cool if they could put it in the C7 Grand Sport in the future too. The C7 GS looks badass.

Yeah it's kind of a sad day when Ford has a more exclusive and desirable car than GM's best. A flat plane LT would be badass.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by big hammer
Since a tune is only worth around 10 hp on a 5.2, 50 RWHP from long tubes is phenomenal!
I don't know what he was talking about but someone got about 59whp and 57.3 wtq outta kooks Long tubes, X pipe, and E85 AED tune. Really liking the mid-range gains, not bad. Good to see it's not just tip top peak gains.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58189

I'm curious what actually causes the torque to jump like that at 3500 RPM.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:45 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

You could buy a ls7 for that for years. Hell if you keep yoyr eyes open on here there are ls7 parts available all the time. You could easily byild one for less.

Furd crate engines have always been higher priced for the power you get vs gm stuff.

Hopefully gm will jump back into the na ring. Until then all furd has did is roughly match a engine gm has made since 2006. So reality is the only reason furd has more na power now is because the ls7 has stopped production.

It picks up good with mods. Most modern engines do.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Except that the Voodoo engine made more power than the LS7 so Furd didn't just barely keep up, it out did the LS7...

LS7 still one of my favorites though. Couldn't careless about the Voodoo motor.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by slowzzz
i don't know what he was talking about but someone got about 59whp and 57.3 wtq outta kooks long tubes, x pipe, and e85 aed tune. Really liking the mid-range gains, not bad. Good to see it's not just tip top peak gains.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58189

i'm curious what actually causes the torque to jump like that at 3500 rpm.
imrc?
Old 07-13-2016, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Except that the Voodoo engine made more power than the LS7 so Furd didn't just barely keep up, it out did the LS7...

They outdid it with 1.8L less displacement too. Voodoo is an impressive motor.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang

Actually the voodoo don't make more power....it makes less when you get right down to it. These are actual same day same dyno whp tests. The 5.2 makes the same hp and less tq and requires more rpm to do so. It working harder than the ls7 to make less power.

https://goo.gl/images/xCGjNq
Old 07-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blown383LS1
imrc?
I'm pretty sure.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by big hammer
Since a tune is only worth around 10 hp on a 5.2, 50 RWHP from long tubes is phenomenal!
You will have to talk to the owners who have posted their results. It looks like they are getting more power out of tunes now that tuners have learned more.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:32 PM
Launching!

Voodoo on not quite 12lbs of boost with the s550 whipple kit. Lolz

Numbers are hard to see but they're 819rwhp 605ftlbs

Last edited by 99peweterls1; 07-13-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually the voodoo don't make more power....it makes less when you get right down to it. These are actual same day same dyno whp tests. The 5.2 makes the same hp and less tq and requires more rpm to do so. It working harder than the ls7 to make less power.

So you have GM's **** shoved so far down your throat that you're gonna rewrite mathematics just to have the LS7 "win"??

Too bad 526hp > 505hp you stupid ****.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:55 PM
Launching!

WRONG, the internals of the engines are entirely different. The ls7 would be working hard with the mass of its internal parts not the voodoo. It was built to do that job in that fashion.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Teching In

WRONG, the internals of the engines are entirely different. The ls7 would be working hard with the mass of its internal parts not the voodoo. It was built to do that job in that fashion.
GT350 revs much easier than the LS7. Seems like the LS is the one struggling to redline.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Bench racing to the max! So I would just be a good match for 98% of the Lt-1 camaro's your saying?
What do you call posting your slip and comparing it to other cars at different tracks and different days? Bench racing that you started by randomly posting that slip and talking about trap speeds.

I'm assuming you are stock with a CB. If so you are not a race for 0% of 6gen lt1s. They are not close stock for stock. Been established.

They've been tested same track same day... You seen pops drag pack and e85 car run neck and neck with a stock m6. OP car beat an e85 car without drag pack.

You are the one bench racing thinking you can run with a 6g stock for stock. Enjoy your car don't have to lie to yourself.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
What do you call posting your slip and comparing it to other cars at different tracks and different days? Bench racing that you started by randomly posting that slip and talking about trap speeds.

I'm assuming you are stock with a CB. If so you are not a race for 0% of 6gen lt1s. They are not close stock for stock. Been established.

They've been tested same track same day... You seen pops drag pack and e85 car run neck and neck with a stock m6. OP car beat an e85 car without drag pack.

You are the one bench racing thinking you can run with a 6g stock for stock. Enjoy your car don't have to lie to yourself.
Excuse me, do you own any of the cars in questions? I do..that I race on a regular basis... Poppas car runs hard in its own regard yet is a different dynamic than mine straight from the assembly line at the plant. I have a light weight base model with a manual transmission. Poppa has a premium auto car, and I do enjoy RACING my car. Not talking about it on a regular basis. Just like to give some of you guys the anti-venonom.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
GT350 revs much easier than the LS7. Seems like the LS is the one struggling to redline.
And rightfully so when you break down the dynamics of the two. They move air in a different way. The voodoo just revs higher and moves more.

Which I thought I'd never see btw back at the release of the LS7.It's an impressive Chevrolet small block.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I can get you guys deals on LS7s!!!
Old 07-13-2016, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Excuse me, do you own any of the cars in questions? I do..that I race on a regular basis... Poppas car runs hard in its own regard yet is a different dynamic than mine straight from the assembly line at the plant. I have a light weight base model with a manual transmission. Poppa has a premium auto car, and I do enjoy RACING my car. Not talking about it on a regular basis. Just like to give some of you guys the anti-venonom.
No I don't. But I've done my share of racing as well. I've driven both.

IMO the performance difference was pretty noticeable.

I'm just getting frustrated.... Withdrawals . I never been without a car this long and I'm trying to do the right thing and be responsible. I'm car hangry

Quick Reply: *Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen