TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Vettes run hard
Wallet racers get mad
Old 07-12-2016, 10:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by slowZZZ
We should probably stick to objectively comparing engines to engines and not mixing that with their platforms. The LT1 also comes in a C7, which is roughly 400 lbs lighter than a GT350.

You said if GM threw everything at the LT that Ford did. A destroked LS7 with modified top end and bottom end has revved to 8k, sure. Considering a new LS7 was a $17k motor alone, ZR1 engine was $25k? I think. It just doesn't seem feasible for GM to build that kind of motor to put into a production car.

Yeah I saw that Lingenfelter flat plane LS is one badass engine. But as I said above, I don't think GM can justify the cost of such an engine going into production, even so it's not like Ford couldn't build an equal one.

The Camaro launches before the GT350 in the speedo race and who knows where those videos were shot. Just not good data.
I wasn't comparing the vette.....no purpose in that it kickes the gt350s ***.

The old ls7 was $12k-13 k.....not $17k. Take a look at the price if furd engines. 5.2 block $3k....gt350 heads $2500 each. Now they aren't supposed to make a crate engineout of the voodoo but goin by the price of other coyote engines that engine would be a $20k engine easily.

Furds already put their cards on the table here. The voodoo is,all they got. They even said they couldn't reach that power without the flat plane crank. Gm won't need that to exceed their power.

If furd can justify a engine for gt350 use only.....gm sure as hell can. It could easily be used in 3 models if they wanted it to be.
Originally Posted by Mappinsj
I see S197 erewhere and 5th gens erewhere. Literally no 6th gens or s550s.

2018 both camaro SS and mustang GT are already slated to have the same transmission. a10
A10 should help them both some.
Originally Posted by islander033
It's normal at my track, vettes typically run like dog ****.

There are no tire only stangs at my track, they are all racers and mod up right away. And yes the majority of them are faster than the tire only vettes. Got a tire, toon and CAI 2014 GT that runs 12.07 at 114.33.

Camer0 guys love transformer stickers, pose at Starbucks and talk about wax.
Most vettes are bought by geezers that have no idea about how to drive a performance car. But i can guarantee to one thing. If that tire /tune/cai mustang is capable of 12.07 then a stock vette is capable of goin faster than that at your track.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I work all over and I usually go to the track if there is one close enough to the hotel just to watch the races. I was working in South Tx awhile back and went to SAR for the tnt. Several Vettes showed up and I was waiting on them to hit the staging lanes. They never did. They all parked in a row and just sat around their cars all night. They never hit the track at all.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I wasn't comparing the vette.....no purpose in that it kickes the gt350s ***.

The old ls7 was $12k-13 k.....not $17k. Take a look at the price if furd engines. 5.2 block $3k....gt350 heads $2500 each. Now they aren't supposed to make a crate engineout of the voodoo but goin by the price of other coyote engines that engine would be a $20k engine easily.

Furds already put their cards on the table here. The voodoo is,all they got. They even said they couldn't reach that power without the flat plane crank. Gm won't need that to exceed their power.

If furd can justify a engine for gt350 use only.....gm sure as hell can. It could easily be used in 3 models if they wanted it to be.
$16k+ for an LS7 crate engine, it is what it is. If they ever made a crate Voodoo, it'd be around $16k.

It's based off the 5.0, they're referring to the block. They could easily make 600+ with a 6.2L block and all Voodoo tech. But why would they need anything else when GM currently offers no competitive engine.

GM tried to do that with the C7 Z06, failed, and went to a supercharger. If they could do it so easily, where is the engine?
Old 07-12-2016, 11:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

It's not that they couldn't. They said FI was just much easier.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

they couldn't meet smog requirements with the NA engine for the C7Z
Old 07-12-2016, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I seen it.....it wasn't pertinent to the thread. It more came across as him starving for attention with a car slower than 6gens are.

It's not gonna do ya much good to get to 115 mph a 1/2 behind a 6gen . You're beat then you know.
Nah.. bakery and they would be door to door.

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Lol Hio sometimes I wonder about you. It's ok man, your defiant till the very end. Far past it even haha

However by your contradicting logic, I don't see why you bother spouting off with z28 facts when the thread title clearly says 6th gen.

I'll go post in another thread and see if you have an answer there.
He doesn't realize that the PMAS you just put on might push you to 117 on STALK TOON!

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
I thought it was 3640 in his vid. How light do they get?
95prpl's 1SS 6gen I ran weighed 3640lbs w/o driver. Mine on the day we raced(on the way home stopped at truck scale) weighed 3600lbs.

Originally Posted by big hammer
There are rumours of a new 7.0

Lt1 and voodoo aren't really comparable. The lt1 was designed for X amount of hp and the best fuel economy that they could.

Ford threw fuel economy aside with the voodoo for a low production car and it shows.

I know people make fun of fuel economy ratings on a performance car but on a higher volume unit this is very important to manufacturers to meet CAFE requirements.

An LT1 could easily surpass the hp of the 5.2. But they are two different tools for different jobs.
Do you honestly think 526 is ALL they can get out of the 5.2? I have seen people posting 60rwhp gains with long tubes, and tune on their GT350s

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Might be 1ss for me...see how the funds look over the next couple years.

He has beaten an e85 5.0 on the track and from rolls. Would beat your stock car handily.

6g has trapped up to 120 stock. Highest stock trap on m6g is 113 mph. Your 115 stock trap is one of the highest of all time. Congrats. Still 5 mph behind the 6g.
I mentioned him and me getting together to race Nanner and his car. He never replied. He skeered. I want to get Nanner on full USA exposure!
Old 07-12-2016, 11:45 PM
11 Second Club

They should just move to a crossplane 5.2 V8. Word on the street is you can order one from Ford apparently?
There IS a non-fpc 5.2l engine available from Ford. Not sure if this exact setup will be in a production car though.. maybe a variant.

Won't be an option in the gt unless they can do something about its dismal fuel economy rating.

My guess is it'll show up in a special model like the mach 1
Yep.. I see the 2018 GT with 5.0, possibly DI, and 475ish hp and the 10speed auto... Mach1 will be 5.2 non-fpc with 500hp and probably the GT350 trans, and GT500 will be 5.0 twin turbo 800ish hp.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:50 PM
Teching In

It's not that they couldn't. They said FI was just much easier.
Originally Posted by Nick.H
they couldn't meet smog requirements with the NA engine for the C7Z
Tadge Juechter:
"We looked at a number of different NA designs, even with the best tech applied, we could not meet our horsepower, durability, and emissions requirements for the lifecycle of this car. I was an NA fan, would loved to have done it."
Old 07-13-2016, 12:11 AM
Launching!

I usually just lurk and read the silly **** in this section but I had a thread I started a couple of weeks ago about my neighbor who had just bought a 350. The thread got locked. IDK why but whatever. Anyway, after 632 miles he lost the motor. He talked to the service tech early last week and they said that it was dumping coolant into the #1 cylinder. He never got a clear answer on whether the gasket was the issue, or a warped head, etc.
Thought he was pulling my leg at first but I dropped him off at the dealership to so he could talk to some head honcho from Ford about the issue. They want to drop a new motor in it under warranty but he wants a whole new car. They are battling it out. Anyone else heard of any issues with them?
Old 07-13-2016, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike TA
I usually just lurk and read the silly **** in this section but I had a thread I started a couple of weeks ago about my neighbor who had just bought a 350. The thread got locked. IDK why but whatever. Anyway, after 632 miles he lost the motor. He talked to the service tech early last week and they said that it was dumping coolant into the #1 cylinder. He never got a clear answer on whether the gasket was the issue, or a warped head, etc.
Thought he was pulling my leg at first but I dropped him off at the dealership to so he could talk to some head honcho from Ford about the issue. They want to drop a new motor in it under warranty but he wants a whole new car. They are battling it out. Anyone else heard of any issues with them?
First year motor... I would expect some issues. LT1, LT4 etc have all had same types of problems. They eventually get them worked out.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:50 AM
Launching!

True but the LT1/LT4 issues are pretty well documented at this point. Hadn't heard anything about issues with the Voodoo. Just curious if anything had popped up about it that I missed. It's a shame....it was a really nice car.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

True but the LT1/LT4 issues are pretty well documented at this point. Hadn't heard anything about issues with the Voodoo. Just curious if anything had popped up about it that I missed. It's a shame....it was a really nice car.
There are some posts on the GT350 section on mustang6g.com forums... not sure of all the details, but you could go over there and peak around and see what they are saying. There are a few on there who have had engine issues.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:57 AM
Launching!

Thanks. Will do. I Googled but didn't turn up anything but one random YouTube vid.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks. Will do. I Googled but didn't turn up anything but one random YouTube vid.
Here is the link to the GT350 section. Unsure if you have to be logged in or not.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70
Old 07-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Poppacapp

He doesn't realize that the PMAS you just put on might push you to 117 on STALK TOON!

95prpl's 1SS 6gen I ran weighed 3640lbs w/o driver. Mine on the day we raced(on the way home stopped at truck scale) weighed 3600lbs.

Do you honestly think 526 is ALL they can get out of the 5.2? I have seen people posting 60rwhp gains with long tubes, and tune on their GT350s

I mentioned him and me getting together to race Nanner and his car. He never replied. He skeered. I want to get Nanner on full USA exposure!
There seems to be many things that escape him poppa. Lol

Ahh, you see I knew I wasn't crazy about the weight. I watched the vid from bowtie again and I think his is just a hair heavier with the 8spd. 3656lbs
Old 07-13-2016, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Since a tune is only worth around 10 hp on a 5.2, 50 RWHP from long tubes is phenomenal!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

Old 07-13-2016, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

$16k+ for an LS7 crate engine, it is what it is. If they ever made a crate Voodoo, it'd be around $16k.

It's based off the 5.0, they're referring to the block. They could easily make 600+ with a 6.2L block and all Voodoo tech. But why would they need anything else when GM currently offers no competitive engine.

GM tried to do that with the C7 Z06, failed, and went to a supercharger. If they could do it so easily, where is the engine?
Here ya go. Ls7 $12,5xx

http://www.jegs.com/i/GM+Performance...IMgaAk0d8P8HAQ

Here is a non production engine from furd. The closest thing that would try to compete cost wise. It $14,400. A 5.2 will cost more than it......no doubt about it.

https://lmr.com/item/M6007A50XS/Must...GYMaAqfc8P8HAQ

Maybe gm goal was higher than what they could get to n/a and still meet cafe. Not unheard of. They were designing a engine to be used in 3 cars.....not one very low production car. Taken that approach ut would be very easy for the LT to make more power than the 5.2

The worst part is we had to step out of production engines so furd could even compete hp wise......I'll step out for gm to so it stays fair

Well I'll be damned. Maybe next time I'll post the most powerful ls crate from gm.

Yea...526 is all they did get. All they coukd get and meet production requirements.

Door to door?? Yea your modded lighter mustang stayed pretty close to that 6gen.
There IS a non-fpc 5.2l engine available from Ford. Not sure if this exact setup will be in a production car though.. maybe a variant.

Yep.. I see the 2018 GT with 5.0, possibly DI, and 475ish hp and the 10speed auto... Mach1 will be 5.2 non-fpc with 500hp and probably the GT350 trans, and GT500 will be 5.0 twin turbo 800ish hp.
Highly doubtfull....be great if it did happen.

Right now furd only makes the 5.2 block for sale and gt350 heads separately.
Well it looks like several has lost their guts now. I've posted one nocking it's *** off.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
He has beaten an e85 5.0 on the track and from rolls. Would beat your stock car handily.

6g has trapped up to 120 stock. Highest stock trap on m6g is 113 mph. Your 115 stock trap is one of the highest of all time. Congrats. Still 5 mph behind the 6g.
Bench racing to the max! So I would just be a good match for 98% of the Lt-1 camaro's your saying?

Quick Reply: *Place your bets* GT350 vs stock 6th gen