Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 11:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

FBO E85 5.0 beats a cammed, bolt on Fbody. Bothing weighing about the same.

Oh 5.0 had more mods because he has intake. You have a cam upgrade. so that neglects his intake.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mac, you're not an engineer. You can't even pass high school with your 2nd grade reading and writing level.

If you're an engineer, then answer all of Hio's & Hammer's questions. Should be able to relatively quickly without much thought.

But wait, you can't answer their questions because you don't even know the basic about motors or transmissions lolololololol.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by big hammer
What do synchro's do mac looooooool
He can't answer that because his engineering degree has him trying to figure out the best way to pour his cereal in the morning rather than actually using his brain to answer legitimate & logical questions.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...er-ratio-test/

And from a thread on Camaro5:

"Based on SLP ZL packages - rocker arms gives you about 15 hp (1.85 ratio)."

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...r-arm-mod.html
From the thread... a dyno of LS2 with rockers:

"I had the SLP 1.85 rocker arms on my LS2. The gains were around 15-18rwhp at the peak. The gains didn't show up at the track though. Combined with the FAST intake, I think they were a decent mod as long as that's as far as you're going to go. Obviously no FAST for the LS3 and if you want a cam down the road, not a good mod. IMO, skip the rockers and go with a cam. Just my .02. I also had some issues with one of the SLP springs. One of them broke with just under 1000 miles on it. It held together and I was lucky to not have dropped a valve. Things break and this might be an isolated incident but if they ever try to tell you, like they did me, that their springs don't break, raise this flag"

I would post more proof to counter your claim, but I have to leave the hizous for the day.

Unlike you I have the mod to at least 23 cars since 1998. Usually you gain about 10-12 peak on a bolt on car with a spring change. Hio gained less. That is why guys skip it and go the cam route
Old 07-14-2016, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...er-ratio-test/

And from a thread on Camaro5:

"Based on SLP ZL packages - rocker arms gives you about 15 hp (1.85 ratio)."

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...r-arm-mod.html
From the thread... a dyno of LS2 with rockers:

"I had the SLP 1.85 rocker arms on my LS2. The gains were around 15-18rwhp at the peak. The gains didn't show up at the track though. Combined with the FAST intake, I think they were a decent mod as long as that's as far as you're going to go. Obviously no FAST for the LS3 and if you want a cam down the road, not a good mod. IMO, skip the rockers and go with a cam. Just my .02. I also had some issues with one of the SLP springs. One of them broke with just under 1000 miles on it. It held together and I was lucky to not have dropped a valve. Things break and this might be an isolated incident but if they ever try to tell you, like they did me, that their springs don't break, raise this flag"

I would post more proof to counter your claim, but I have to leave the hizous for the day.
Thanks for confirming what i said with your first link not even being a ls engine.....so invalid.

The second link/quote is a ls2 which i could understand seeing more gains than my own since they are neutered with a little cam compared to a ls6.

Here are actual real world results. If a switch to 1.8 rockers on a ls6.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  84.2 KB

Your link for the ls stuff was 1.85 rockers. Mine are 1.8.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He has an associate's degree in engineering.

He isn't a PE. He would need a 4 year degree and a few years of oversight from a Professional Engineer and to pass the exams to become a Professional Engineer.

Last edited by marc97taws6; 07-14-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Mac, you're not an engineer. You can't even pass high school with your 2nd grade reading and writing level.

If you're an engineer, then answer all of Hio's & Hammer's questions. Should be able to relatively quickly without much thought.

But wait, you can't answer their questions because you don't even know the basic about motors or transmissions lolololololol.

Bc all engineers know about cars? Lmao damn you're stupid. Probably why you teach mentally handicap kids bc after all you don't need a degree for that.

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
He has an associate's degree in engineering.

He isn't a PE. He would need a 4 year degree and a few years of oversight from a Professional Engineer and to pass the exams to become a Professional Engineer.
Takes 10 years total to get your PE. That's with a 4 year degree and working under a PE. If you get a masters degree first it takes less time.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Thanks for confirming what i said with your first link not even being a ls engine.....so invalid.

The second link/quote is a ls2 which i could understand seeing more gains than my own since they are neutered with a little cam compared to a ls6.

Here are actual real world results. If a switch to 1.8 rockers on a ls6.

Your link for the ls stuff was 1.85 rockers. Mine are 1.8.
Your graph is interesting. Seems to show 10-12hp from 5k up to around 6500 or so where it tapers. Torque, also seeing nearly a 10-12trq gain throughout the curve until it tapers off.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:08 PM
10 Second Club

Yea there are spots it picked up more. Definitely worth doin imo but it only made 4hp and about 8tq at peak. I'd like to have a set on my truck gor the gains at 3000~ for pulling.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just FYI guys my car had an issue making it run like **** and have low oil pressure. A loss is a loss but my car actually runs the way it's supposed to now. My car destroyed a valve seal and I found part of it in my oil filter and the other part on my magnetic drain plug. Oil pressure never went over 45 psi. After the oil change it has 55-60 cold psi and goes over 80 in the rev band. I knew I should've at least been right with this guy but **** happens.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Yea there are spots it picked up more. Definitely worth doin imo but it only made 4hp and about 8tq at peak. I'd like to have a set on my truck gor the gains at 3000~ for pulling.
No no no, we don't give a **** about peak numbers remember? You wouldn't let that slide with an E85 Br0.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow man lol... here you are stressing the peak gains, when you chastise br0s for talking about peak gains with E85. Hiopycrite much?
Old 07-14-2016, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by nwilson44
Just FYI guys my car had an issue making it run like **** and have low oil pressure. A loss is a loss but my car actually runs the way it's supposed to now. My car destroyed a valve seal and I found part of it in my oil filter and the other part on my magnetic drain plug. Oil pressure never went over 45 psi. After the oil change it has 55-60 cold psi and goes over 80 in the rev band. I knew I should've at least been right with this guy but **** happens.
Damn man... hope that low pressure didnt cause any bearing damage
Old 07-14-2016, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Bc all engineers know about cars? Lmao damn you're stupid. Probably why you teach mentally handicap kids bc after all you don't need a degree for that.
You would think that you being into cars, and being an "engineer" that you would know at least the basic concepts of said subject...

Should possibly start conducting yourself like an engineer would.. You know, at least act like you have an education.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nwilson44
Meet up with Whitey soon and see how she does. Should be a good race.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Damn man... hope that low pressure didnt cause any bearing damage
You and me both man. Drain plug putting in work
Attached Thumbnails Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0-image.jpeg  
Old 07-15-2016, 07:50 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
No no no, we don't give a **** about peak numbers remember? You wouldn't let that slide with an E85 Br0.
:stfu: nate. Let the men speak....move on boy
Wow man lol... here you are stressing the peak gains, when you chastise br0s for talking about peak gains with E85. Hiopycrite much?
Lol...........well i have mentioned the under the curve gain before. This time i did what you do
Old 08-03-2016, 04:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just wanted to say something about the condition of my car during this race. Loss is a loss but I found out after I went to the track with the same conditions that it wasn't running right and only trapped 117. So I will quote what I put in the last thread.

"Well guys a couple of things worth noting about the night I was talking about I got a 12.8...

First of all I didn't realize my torque arm was barely hanging on. It completely popped the other day and it wasnt even on a launch.... New tubular and adjustable one on the way in the mail along with new trans cross member.

I had no clue I need to fix my pinion angle since my car is lowered. Should hook much harder since the rest of my suspension has already been done with tubular stuff. Stock T/A wasnt doing crap.

Secondly a couple of my valve seals took a dump and caused low oil pressure (low for a high volume melling with high pressure spring). Car was consistently running under 40 psi oil pressure at idle and never really getting over 45 or so even at 6600. found valve seals in my oil filter and the metal part on my drain plug when I changed the oil.

So at 105 degrees at the track, it probably pulled alot of timing since the oil was lowering my effective octane.

Once the oil was changed it runs 60 psi cold and 50 psi hot and gets to 80+ in the upper RPMS like it is supposed to. The car runs so much harder after that oil change. I cannot over exaggerate how much the motor opened up after that oil change. (yes the valve seals were replaced). I was expecting 120+ on trap speed and with those two issues (clogged oil system robbing HP, and pulled timing from burning oil) I know why I didnt crack 120.

Torque arm and incorrect pinion angle can take the full blame for shitty traction."
Old 08-03-2016, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think a rematch is in order, and while I wont say it as a matter of fact, I think I may be able to get him with my car like it is supposed to be.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Should run much better next trip to the track man. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Camaro vs E85 FBO lightened 2013 5.0