Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

List of cars I've beaten doesn't match Dyno numbers

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 06:06 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZNix
Does this read like a humble brag to anyone else?
Yes.

And honestly you shouldn't have beaten any of those cars except maybe the exhaust only '15 Mustang... and maybe the CTS-V too. Were these roll races are dig races? Under what conditions did your car trap 123mph? Even the most stout cam only set ups typically trap no more than 120 in full weight, stock drivetrain (no lightweight components) cars and thats rare as **** and happens in perfect conditions on a perfect track. And based on what you've told us your mods are just the typical few bolt ons and cam which usually gets people 114-117mph traps. So you're either BSing for attention or you aren't telling the full story. With a lightweight cluth, drag pack, and weight reduction maybe your claims would make some sense.

Last edited by badformulaLS1; 08-18-2016 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

He does have 243's which would help. My car runs very similar times at the track. Don't know what his DA is though
Old 08-18-2016, 07:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Yes.

And honestly you shouldn't have beaten any of those cars except maybe the exhaust only '15 Mustang... and maybe the CTS-V too. Were these roll races are dig races? Under what conditions did your car trap 123mph? Even the most stout cam only set ups typically trap no more than 120 in full weight, stock drivetrain (no lightweight components) cars and thats rare as **** and happens in perfect conditions on a perfect track. And based on what you've told us your mods are just the typical few bolt ons and cam which usually gets people 114-117mph traps. So you're either BSing for attention or you aren't telling the full story. With a lightweight cluth, drag pack, and weight reduction maybe your claims would make some sense.
So all of these were roll races sorry for not clarifying. My motive behind it was not a brag, but rather to just reconcile discrepancies. Trap speed was corrected from 119.4 to 122.5. Don't remember DA, but it was early this summer in the 100's and high 90% humidity. I do have full suspension but it's geared for road racing. I also have a 3.90 gear. I just deleted rear seats. I feel like the dyno is really conservative or I just won those races on luck. The exhaust only GT I put 4-5 cars on.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I am just trying to figure out a couple things. I want to know if there is anything wrong with my car (just got a new motor), if I just got lucky on all these races, and why the numbers would differ so much if no to the first two.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yes.

Forgot to add, that the 6.4L challenger also got 3+ cars put on it from a 20ish roll, while I was spinning. Ill copy links to the old videos.

Last edited by nwilson44; 08-18-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just a side note on this one, the Scat pack wasn't trying to race 3 wide, he was just trying to get another angle.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Yes.

He has a cam'd LS6...a little bit different then a cam only LS1.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I think it feels like waaarm apple pie.

Sorry, don't know why I had to..... But I had to.

Dunno if its bragging or not. "Why is my car so much faster than everyone elses?" is hard to say without potential sounding like a braggart.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I think it feels like waaarm apple pie.

Sorry, don't know why I had to..... But I had to.

Dunno if its bragging or not. "Why is my car so much faster than everyone elses?" is hard to say without potential sounding like a braggart.
lol

Hard to not be humble in the world of racing! The rule is that there is always someone faster than you!

My point is simply low dyno numbers. I simply used some cars that have better dyno numbers to provide a context for my claim of low numbers.

My underlying question is why my numbers suck lol
Old 08-18-2016, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
He has a cam'd LS6...a little bit different then a cam only LS1.
Yeah I completely missed that cause I'm a fucktard. My mistake. It all still sounds a little far fetched though. Untouched 243s won't gain anything crazy over 241s.

I also don't think your dyno numbers are low to the point that there should be cause for concern. Maybe just a tad below the norm. If your heads were worked that would be a different story.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

To be honest I'm actually glad I don't know my current dyno numbers, because I just know that I would not be happy lol. It runs like it should so that's all that matters. I know exactly how you feel OP. When people ask just tell them you don't know the dyno numbers, but estimate maybe 440 or so, since it performs as such lol
Old 08-18-2016, 08:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
To be honest I'm actually glad I don't know my current dyno numbers, because I just know that I would not be happy lol. It runs like it should so that's all that matters. I know exactly how you feel OP. When people ask just tell them you don't know the dyno numbers, but estimate maybe 440 or so, since it performs as such lol
Lol yeah I'm pretty disappointed in the numbers. 440 sounds like some big shoes to fill lol!
Old 08-18-2016, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nwilson44
So all of these were roll races sorry for not clarifying. My motive behind it was not a brag, but rather to just reconcile discrepancies. Trap speed was corrected from 119.4 to 122.5. Don't remember DA, but it was early this summer in the 100's and high 90% humidity. I do have full suspension but it's geared for road racing. I also have a 3.90 gear. I just deleted rear seats. I feel like the dyno is really conservative or I just won those races on luck. The exhaust only GT I put 4-5 cars on.

What do you mean "corrected"? Like using the dragtimes DA calculator?

Do you have a slip with 122.5 on it? If so, thats one of the strongest cam only LS6s I have ever seen... Even at a real 119 mph trap, you can beat a lot of the cars on your kill list.

Who gives a **** about dyno numbers?... ET wins races...and money...

Either way, it sounds like your car runs pretty well..
Old 08-18-2016, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ajrothm
What do you mean "corrected"? Like using the dragtimes DA calculator?

Do you have a slip with 122.5 on it? If so, thats one of the strongest cam only LS6s I have ever seen... Even at a real 119 mph trap, you can beat a lot of the cars on your kill list.

Who gives a **** about dyno numbers?... ET wins races...and money...

Either way, it sounds like your car runs pretty well..
No my slip says 119. I had an old timer at the track help me correct it. He had a 588 BBC twin turbo in his nova lol. Figured he knew a thing or two!

Your right they don't matter but if I'm honest I was disappointed
Old 08-19-2016, 12:40 AM
TECH Regular

I just lol'd. Seriously.

"Corrected"

Lmfao
Old 08-19-2016, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does your dyno sheet trap?
Old 08-19-2016, 07:13 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitar
More than you can afford pal.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you really want to hurt feelings with dyno numbers go stalled auto and run mid 11's with under 400rwhp.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Guitar
Depends on if I am running my bama tune or not, but generally anywhere between 135.7 and 143.6

Originally Posted by Puck
If you really want to hurt feelings with dyno numbers go stalled auto and run mid 11's with under 400rwhp.
Man I can't do one of GM's auto's. They are just so sloppy and dimwitted. Don't get me wrong they are perfect for consistent drag racing but my car spends most of its time on the street or track (road race). I've been to the strip twice and I'm honestly terrible at launching on street tires! Although I found out that my stock torque arm was a serious hindrance to the problem...
Old 08-19-2016, 07:51 PM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by STAGEUP
I just lol'd. Seriously.

"Corrected"

Lmfao
Same here.

The car runs what it runs.

Quick Reply: List of cars I've beaten doesn't match Dyno numbers