Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Again... yall.. lol.. the only reason NOP was on the mod list was because I typed what Phil listed as his mods verbatim. He said the headers, 3"offroad x into aclebacks with factory npp.

That's fine, they are talking about whether it is considered a mod or not. If it's a factory option then I don't think it's a mod. If some one wants to list it they can do what ever they want. But if it came like that then...
Old 09-14-2016, 10:22 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

FRPP roush 727hp kit......not a mod, it's an option. Winning!!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
I keep hearing how that stock vs stock the 5gen can't touch a 5bro. Can one of the bro guys put up a link of testing that actually shows the 5gen can't complete with the 5bro stock vs stock? I can only find test with these results.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

and

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...g-gt-50-page-3

and

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...gt-track-pack/

I could keep doing this...
Just look at the fast lists and see what they do to 5th gens at the track. Simple.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I've actually never said 120. It's always been 121. Your well known for lying. Now....how do we know if you and the Boss would be close on pump? He doesn't run pump. I love how it's ok for you to stip cars (you stip them on fuel everyday). But someone else does you guys fly off the rocker. Here is a fact you guys ran in the same DA and he has 4 mph and .5 on you.....you both have made changes so good luck to both of you.
Actually I'm not known for lying at all. That's sone **** people like you made up........which in turns makes youthe lier.

Fuel is pretty damn important mod when it picks you up 30+hp.

Again....the difference is mostly ftw fuel and him on a slick.

Besides I'm ok with a factory cnc headed furd outrunning my ls6 if that's what it comes down to.you seem upset that it's as close as it is with me on pump gas

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Bolt on coyote been 9's
Ls6 out traps it and they are only .05 a part. Pretty good for a engine 9 yrs its prior and in a heavier car.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by corysmach1
I've actually never said 120. It's always been 121. Your well known for lying. Now....how do we know if you and the Boss would be close on pump? He doesn't run pump. I love how it's ok for you to stip cars (you stip them on fuel everyday). But someone else does you guys fly off the rocker. Here is a fact you guys ran in the same DA and he has 4 mph and .5 on you.....you both have made changes so good luck to both of you.
The things is tho that Hiocrew actually does not run just pump. They mix race gas with their pump gas, and crank the **** out of their timing.

I have heard this can cause motors to blow.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

Where do you come up with this ****?
Old 09-14-2016, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Oh yea to reinforce the honesty that marc shows notice how he included e85 and tune as one when in fact they are seperate mods.

Yea......we're just beatin marc down on thst right now.

I thought you said your car weighed 38xx stock and seems to me 3630 sticks in my mind now.

Your airbox is modded. The silencer is cut off and capped. That is a mod. Acts like a homemade cai....I've done that before.

You said the catch can helps keep it from pulling timing. That equals mod.....power mod.

We knew it was gonna be close and your car runs good. I also knew the ls3 was gonna have more steam up top.

You have more than a cat back. You deleted your cats also. You have changed 2/3 of your exhaust. Phil has changed 2/3 of his. Yall just worked on opposite ends is all.

Just be glad phil wasn't tuned.
No.. car weighed 3715lbs off the dealer lot... with the 18" oem wheels etc. Without me in it of course.

With full drag pack(front and rear) and the catback as only weight reduction I have done, the car weighs 3600 without me in it. So 115lbs total. But when I raced Phil I had my front street tires on.. so car gained hell I dont know... 40lbs? I would have to scale weigh the wheels to know for sure.

But also you cant compare the gains of my catless, catback to Phil's Longtubes, plus catless and xpipe. He has more power gains from his exhaust
Old 09-14-2016, 10:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 408-99-f
That's fine, they are talking about whether it is considered a mod or not. If it's a factory option then I don't think it's a mod. If some one wants to list it they can do what ever they want. But if it came like that then...
No I don't personally consider NPP a mod. Like I said, I just listed it to describe Phil's exhaust as he described it
Old 09-14-2016, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Beating the dead horse again. Ppl mad that pop took the w
Old 09-14-2016, 10:39 PM
11 Second Club

Where do you come up with this ****?
12hr day and 3hrs sleep? I dunno. lol
Old 09-14-2016, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Beating the dead horse again. Ppl mad that pop took the w
I had fun man. Honestly, W or L doesn't matter to me.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:49 PM
10 Second Club

No.. car weighed 3715lbs off the dealer lot... with the 18" oem wheels etc. Without me in it of course.

With full drag pack(front and rear) and the catback as only weight reduction I have done, the car weighs 3600 without me in it. So 115lbs total. But when I raced Phil I had my front street tires on.. so car gained hell I dont know... 40lbs? I would have to scale weigh the wheels to know for sure.

But also you cant compare the gains of my catless, catback to Phil's Longtubes, plus catless and xpipe. He has more power gains from his exhaust
Ok...thanks for sorting that. So 75lb of wr

Sure i can compare the exhaust systems. They are very comparable. Neither car had full exhaust.......hell phils car was alot quieter than yours.

You also can't compare the gains of your e85 vs phils 93. Or your tune vs no power tuning in phils car.
12hr day and 3hrs sleep? I dunno. lol
Lol
Old 09-14-2016, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Ok...thanks for sorting that. So 75lb of wr

Sure i can compare the exhaust systems. They are very comparable. Neither car had full exhaust.......hell phils car was alot quieter than yours.

You also can't compare the gains of your e85 vs phils 93. Or your tune vs no power tuning in phils car.

Lol
We will just have to agree to disagree on the mods thing mang... I feel like with longtubes, my pmas cai on the car, the race would have been less "close". I wonder if I can port my stock manifold and get some gains? I dunno... probably worth just throwing a GT350 on there.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Just look at the fast lists and see what they do to 5th gens at the track. Simple.
If I still had my car id bet you 100 a car length, my soul and my first born that id get you by at least 4 from 40-140.

btw...stock for stock according to the fast list...the ls3 m6 5g is almost identical to the s550.

So...I guess if you think you adding e85 would have you keep up with me adding heads/cam/full exhaust and tune at over 500 rwhp that's your mistake.

You would be freight trained...and badly.... by my old 5g.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 PM
Teching In

Actually I'm not known for lying at all. That's sone **** people like you made up........which in turns makes youthe lier.

Fuel is pretty damn important mod when it picks you up 30+hp.

Again....the difference is mostly ftw fuel and him on a slick.

Besides I'm ok with a factory cnc headed furd outrunning my ls6 if that's what it comes down to.you seem upset that it's as close as it is with me on pump gas

Ls6 out traps it and they are only .05 a part. Pretty good for a engine 9 yrs its prior and in a heavier car.
The Boss is way heavier than your car. Faster is faster I don't care how you get there. I dont get upset at all. I actually laugh at you guys that you take this **** this serious. CNC heads lol.....they have done the test it's 10 hp. Ive seen 40+ hp gains on ported heads. And actually there is multiple bolt on Yotes faster than your car......and once again still heavier. Ive said it multiple times but I'll say it again because you seem to never brag about your car....lol your car does very good but your still a full blown ******* on here which is ridiculous. But carry on.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
If I still had my car id bet you 100 a car length, my soul and my first born that id get you by at least 4 from 40-140.

btw...stock for stock according to the fast list...the ls3 m6 5g is almost identical to the s550.

So...I guess if you think you adding e85 would have you keep up with me adding heads/cam/full exhaust and tune at over 500 rwhp that's your mistake.

You would be freight trained...and badly.... by my old 5g.
Where did Poppa say that his car could beat a H/C/I 5th gen? I believe he said that it takes H/C on a 5th gen to beat him. So when you brag that your old car would beat Poppa, you aren't proving anything he said to be false. He already said the H/C 5th gen would beat him.

The things is tho that Hiocrew actually does not run just pump. They mix race gas with their pump gas, and crank the **** out of their timing.

I have heard this can cause motors to blow.
Pour Hamma. I legit feel for him. Sucks for sure.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Where did Poppa say that his car could beat a H/C/I 5th gen? I believe he said that it takes H/C on a 5th gen to beat him. So when you brag that your old car would beat Poppa, you aren't proving anything he said to be false. He already said the H/C 5th gen would beat him.

Pour Hamma. I legit feel for him. Sucks for sure.
Some people in this thread think that. Was just adding to the convo. It's a ridiculous notion. Then he posts about looking at the fast lists. Which IMO is not that impressive for the s550 when you look at the details. Just looked as if he was eluding to subscribing to the same bs.

Did he not have a tight race with a bolt on 5g? If that 5g simply swapped to e85 it would have won every race bottom to top. Or even a proper tune on 93 if it's true it had stock tune with rev limit raised.

An FBO 5g will run with or beat an e85 5.0. Especially an s550. They do not need internal work. Yes less than average cammed cars can have a problem with them. But have you seen the spread on cam only numbers? 440-500 rwhp in general. I do agree a 5.0 is slightly faster mod for mod. But not by nearly as much as what is thrown around.

For being Chevy fan and or brand neutral you seem to defend every post in favor of any other product whenever you can. At times you look like a troll. You claim no brand bias but you are heavily brand biased against GM from everything I've seen from you in the past year since I been frequenting this site again. It's just odd.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:21 AM
Teching In

Some people in this thread think that. Was just adding to the convo. It's a ridiculous notion. Then he posts about looking at the fast lists. Which IMO is not that impressive for the s550 when you look at the details. Just looked as if he was eluding to subscribing to the same bs.

Did he not have a tight race with a bolt on 5g? If that 5g simply swapped to e85 it would have won every race bottom to top. Or even a proper tune on 93 if it's true it had stock tune with rev limit raised.

An FBO 5g will run with or beat an e85 5.0. Especially an s550. They do not need internal work. Yes less than average cammed cars can have a problem with them. But have you seen the spread on cam only numbers? 440-500 rwhp in general. I do agree a 5.0 is slightly faster mod for mod. But not by nearly as much as what is thrown around.

For being Chevy fan and or brand neutral you seem to defend every post in favor of any other product whenever you can. At times you look like a troll. You claim no brand bias but you are heavily brand biased against GM from everything I've seen from you in the past year since I been frequenting this site again. It's just odd.
Boom! Head shot.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:51 AM
Teching In

Rockers isn't a bolt on.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
After the vid Red posted of Nick's fbo and cammed z28. I would not ever have the nerve to talk any smack about how other people's cars run.... Lmao.
Weird because Red (aka Jake) also loses to 14 second cars and there is video proof of that as well.

Quick Reply: Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen