Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

L99s are terrible

Broginas have stated it takes heads cam to run with bolt on cars w a 5th gen many times. They ate it on that one
Old 09-20-2016, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
L99s are terrible

Broginas have stated it takes heads cam to run with bolt on cars w a 5th gen many times. They ate it on that one
Locally it has
Old 09-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=HioSSilver;19398267]Nope....you're a lier

So put bith cars back to stock and run them?

[/QUOTE

That's your words, telling Poppa to take this and that off. What about Phil?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Lol.. both cars stock would be a gapfest in my favor. Thats why 5th gen needed more mods to make it close with my less modded br0
Lol.....not likely. Very much not likely
Originally Posted by big hammer
Artificial oxygen and WR helped poppa keep up for a few seconds
Troof
Originally Posted by Jay z28
Raising the limiter also helps acceleration though.
Depends i suppose. Poppacry had raised limiter to. Poppacry also has other mods that help acceleration. Should those be removed?
Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
EL OH EL. All these Broginas (lol) still have tears in their eyes over that less modded, untuned 5th gen yanking a 5br0 up top.
Troof.....the 5br0ginas are really sore over it too.
Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Car was tuned. Poar gm guys cant stand that hero fifgen didnt gap lbo br0
No it wasn't tuned. If it woulda had as much attention paid to it's tune as yours did this would of been a blow out. Not like we did emergency cat deletes.....claimed it helped....then back pedal on it.
Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
Actually they are a drivers race stock to stock besides the l99. Every single head to head proves this. As well as the fast list. And didn't the 1le run faster than stangs in mag tests cuz better tires ?

Sure as hell isnt a gap fest stock. That's 6g vs s550.
More troofs
Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I do lol. Free revisions FTW!
I could see you being that big of a pain in someines *** instead of learning to do it yourself.
Originally Posted by 99peweterls1

That's your words, telling Poppa to take this and that off. What about Phil?
You guys want mod4mod......so poppa should remove some mods. He is modded more .
Old 09-20-2016, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hio, which mods is it that you'd like Poppa to remove to make it "mod for mod?" Even though Phil does have more power mods... But I still want to hear from you what you'd like poppa to remove to make it as "fair" as possible.

Old 09-20-2016, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Phil still on stock clutch? If not, poppa should get a stall

Power mod wise, Poppa should get headers, CAI, and intake manifold on there

We'll call the rockers and the e85 offsetting, even though rockers pick up more on the dyno.

Then Phil just needs some wheels and tires and we're all fair
Old 09-20-2016, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Troof

Depends i suppose. Poppacry had raised limiter to. Poppacry also has other mods that help acceleration. Should those be removed?

No it wasn't tuned. If it woulda had as much attention paid to it's tune as yours did this would of been a blow out. Not like we did emergency cat deletes.....claimed it helped....then back pedal on it.

More troofs

I could see you being that big of a pain in someines *** instead of learning to do it yourself.

You guys want mod4mod......so poppa should remove some mods. He is modded more .
You make it sound as if I'm as modded as you fully built swapped Swiss cheese.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically from what I've gathered, Hio wants Poppa's car to lose all current power mods & the drag pack to make it fair. Leaving Poppa with minor suspension mods vs Phil's heavily modded 5th gen.

Who woulda thunk it?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
Basically from what I've gathered, Hio wants Poppa's car to lose all current power mods & the drag pack to make it fair. Leaving Poppa with minor suspension mods vs Phil's heavily modded 5th gen.

Who woulda thunk it?
Troof. Meanwhile, I'm offering up mod solutions that make the power mod comparison super fair - matching mods for each
Old 09-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Launching!

Troof

More troofs

Me said mod for mod nothing, BUT Phil got some mods to remove to then, right..?
Old 09-20-2016, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Are you really retarded enough to imply a tune with parameters changed from the factory tune is not in fact a modified tune?
Raising the rev limiter is not a tune, dumbass. You're just reaching, as usual. You know damn well that if it were a 5bro, you wouldn't call it a tune either. ****** jackass.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Raising the rev limiter is not a tune, dumbass. You're just reaching, as usual. You know damn well that if it were a 5bro, you wouldn't call it a tune either. ****** jackass.
So we are agreeing that tunes with anything other than stock parameters are in fact modified tunes. I'm glad the light bulb finally came on for you.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Banned

So we are agreeing that tunes with anything other than stock parameters are in fact modified tunes. I'm glad the light bulb finally came on for you.
So we are agreeing that the 5th gen was UNtuned for all its mods, and that the TUNED br0 got freight trained up top? Good talk, Mr. Br0jangles.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:26 PM
10 Second Club

Hio, which mods is it that you'd like Poppa to remove to make it "mod for mod?" Even though Phil does have more power mods... But I still want to hear from you what you'd like poppa to remove to make it as "fair" as possible.
I think that's already been said
Phil still on stock clutch? If not, poppa should get a stall

Power mod wise, Poppa should get headers, CAI, and intake manifold on there

We'll call the rockers and the e85 offsetting, even though rockers pick up more on the dyno.

Then Phil just needs some wheels and tires and we're all fair
Yea...phil is on stock clutch. Drivetrain....suspension. ...wheels/tires....ds.....that car is all stick except for the 4 mods mentioned. Even then the intake is a stretch since we don't know if it helped.

Rockers and e85 are not off setting. Unless.....poppacry puts stock map in for his cams.

Power mod wise if poppa got headers he would have to put on stock mufflers to be even up. Poppacry has a modded intake set up. Phils is a oe part. Poppacry coukd use a gt350 one to make 100% fair like you want.

Why woukd phil need wheels/tires??? Just put the stock ones back on the mustang. You're actually pretty dumb for not excepting that. The 5gens stand way more to gain with a drag pak as their wheels/tire combo is heavier.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
You make it sound as if I'm as modded as you fully built swapped Swiss cheese.
I don't make it sound like anything. So what did you think of the pics i posted?

Who woulda thunk it?
Not at all......wouldn't be much of a race then. Wouldn't be now with phils tune.
Troof. Meanwhile, I'm offering up mod solutions that make the power mod comparison super fair - matching mods for each
Oh you want it lop sided.
Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Me said mod for mod nothing, BUT Phil got some mods to remove to then, right..?
Like what? How many of his 4 mods you want gone?
Troofness
Old 09-20-2016, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Shocker, Hio wants to make the power mods more in favor of the 5G than the Br0

I did the drag pack for the 5G as a courtesy with the power mods the same for both because I knew the 5G would need any help it could get.

Rockers make more power on ls3 than e85 does on Br0s. Poppa wouldn't need stock catback as his 3whp catback gains as much as NPP. So add headers

Poppa can have CAI and Poppa can now have a oem stock gt350 intake manifold. Now we are all even mod wise.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

So we are agreeing that the 5th gen was UNtuned for all its mods, and that the TUNED br0 got freight trained up top? Good talk, Mr. Br0jangles.
You could really see it in the tune. On every shift it would pull 6-8* of timing. Then as it bled that off phil would start pulling. He was stopping the poppacry pull in every gear and gaining back but with the tm pulling timing it was hard to make any headway.

I kinda thought something was odd with the car because the shifts were soft....like it just wouldn't hit the tires hard for the next gear. Running poppacry was good.....you could see it happening plain as day.

It hits the ****** tires now
Old 09-20-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, the modified tune 5G with more power mods held up very well with the 1-2-1 results all things considered.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

Shocker, Hio wants to make the power mods more in favor of the 5G than the Br0

I did the drag pack for the 5G as a courtesy with the power mods the same for both because I knew the 5G would need any help it could get.

Rockers make more power on ls3 than e85 does on Br0s. Poppa wouldn't need stock catback as his 3whp catback gains as much as NPP. So add headers

Poppa can have CAI and Poppa can now have a oem stock gt350 intake manifold. Now we are all even mod wise.
So you no want fair? Surprise surprise on that. If poppa would get a gt350 mani then phil would get a fast. Or poppacry can port his oe intake mani.

Poppacry got back to the oe mufflers just like phil has on his car. Headers would be fine for poppacry then.

No need for anything other than stock wheel/tires here.

To keep it even i thought the gt350 cai would be comparable to the oe z28 cai. Sounds logical unless you just want to cry about something.

E85 likely makes more power than rockers. Like i said poppacry is not running a stock cam map so that's even up with rockers. There really is no need at all for e85.

Should probably scale the cars to since poppacry is lighter. Even **** up a bit more like you want.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 09-20-2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you no want fair? Surprise surprise on that. If poppa would get a gt350 mani then phil would get a fast. Or poppacry can port his oe intake mani.
Phil has a ported ls3 intake manifold, we'll even it up and give poppa a stock unmodified gt350 IM
Poppacry got back to the oe mufflers just like phil has on his car. Headers would be fine for poppacry then.
Nah, NPP Phil listed as a mod and 3rwhp about the same. Maybe a little weight savings for poppa
No need for anything other than stock wheel/tires here.
We'll give the 5G wheels and tires as a charity item. Weight saved would match or beat Poppa's catback weight savings except this will be rotational mass so charity item for 5G due to their inferiority.
To keep it even i thought the gt350 intake would be comparable to the oe z28 intake. Sounds logical unless you just want to cry about something.
Poppa has a stock air box right now, but ok, a gt350 stock air box maybe.
E85 likely makes more power than rockers. Like i said poppacry is not running a stock cam map so that's even up with rockers. There really is no need at all for e85.
Ls3s make more with rockers than Br0s do with e85. Been proven consistently time and time again. Poppa is just running a tune so we'll give Phil a full fledged tune instead of a modified tune to even it up.
Should probably scale the cars to since poppacry is lighter. Even **** up a bit more like you want.
Nah, ls3 is a superior motor according to you guys. It should be able to overcome the weight disadvantage it was given from the factory.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Poppacry would lose now with new tune which is still not perfect. But if Poppacry has light weight wheels,ewp and a converter he will be faster than Phil. If Phil does E85 that would be a really good race to watch. I don't think a FAST would do much if anything for Phil. Next mod he needs is a clutch and driveshaft. I think both of them will all of those mods would be a toss up.

Quick Reply: Stock Boss 302 vs LBO 6gen