Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6gen 1LE and the gappins chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I couldn't find any. I just went with 305/45/17 et street r. 27.8. Stock is 27.5-6 depending on calculator. I plan on lowering an inch in the future. figured id damn near scrape the ground with a 26 on the car.

ordered a set of 4 race star drag star 2x17x9.5 and 2x17x4.5. Install kit and also some m/t sportsman S/R 28x6 radial front runner.

Do you have a radial on the front?

I almost went bias but some say unstable with radial on the back and just not as good of manners or wear characteristics in general.

I have a 50 mile drive to Milan. And may also throw the drag pack on at different times when im looking for trouble etc. Figured the radial was the best bet. just sucks cuz the bias fronts were 10-11 pounds and the radials were 21. Ive heard you multiple rotating weight by 4. bias fronts could be worth almost a tenth but maybe not cuz more rolling resistance. In the end safety and usability won out over the half tenth gain.
I have these on front: Radials front and back. Bias back/radial front is the no no mix.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-90000020379

In hindsight I may go with 28 next time around. Unsure yet.. The front end is pretty low with the 26" up front and lowering springs.. so low that it would not be wise to try to run over roadkill... will mess up lower bumper.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Dropping the bench racing and actually bench racing will be ****. I'm just glad you didn't get the gray car so now I'm not as jealous.
I just enjoy discussing cars and results etc. it turns into bench racing at times. This isn't my first rodeo but will be the first car I plan on frequenting the track with.

Almost did get that gray one. But the black one had npp and was a grand cheaper. The nightfall really grew on me though. Very nice.

I love black its really nice on them... but black is black pita. I said never again but this is my 3rd black camaro and my 14 z71 is black too lol.
Old 10-10-2016, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I just enjoy discussing cars and results etc. it turns into bench racing at times. This isn't my first rodeo but will be the first car I plan on frequenting the track with.

Almost did get that gray one. But the black one had npp and was a grand cheaper. The nightfall really grew on me though. Very nice.

I love black its really nice on them... but black is black pita.
A grand cheaper is nice and NPP is a must on these cars. Damn American companies neutering down the v8s for sound NVH
Old 10-10-2016, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
I have these on front: Radials front and back. Bias back/radial front is the no no mix.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mtt-90000020379

In hindsight I may go with 28 next time around. Unsure yet.. The front end is pretty low with the 26" up front and lowering springs.. so low that it would not be wise to try to run over roadkill... will mess up lower bumper.
I have the same exact fronts but in 28x6

Quick Reply: 6gen 1LE and the gappins chronicles