Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 04:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
No bro has ever done what this car just did. Truly LBO stock converter and full weight fuel you can buy at the pump 11.0

The current king of the s550s is at 10.66. FBO. DS. Suspension. Weight reduction. FTW purple. Trans brake. 5c converter. Also neg DA. With many passes on the setup.

With nothing but ftw additional this 6g would be all over it.
Ya I'm calling BS he's probably hiding lots of mods, nitrous, turbo and a blower! that's all poppas been doing this whole thread to the 6g he can't handle the fact the coyote is way more modded and is barely quicker so he's saying they're all hiding mods but every bolt on 10 sec yote is telling the troooooffffd!
Old 12-11-2016, 06:57 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

1 year later and they finally figured out how to make 1 car run like it should. Lmao.

Not sure why the Ford guys are in such a tizzy. Coyote is still better.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:26 AM
TECH Veteran

If you count better as being slower mod for mod then yes
Old 12-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Launching!

I agree DB the coyote is definitely slower mod for mod vs this 1 6th gen. As for all the rest of the 6th gens out there...... Major disappointment. C6Z is the only car worth keeping NA now a days and the coyote straight dick kicks the 6th gen when FI is introduced.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:17 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I agree DB the coyote is definitely slower mod for mod vs this 1 6th gen. As for all the rest of the 6th gens out there...... Major disappointment. C6Z is the only car worth keeping NA now a days and the coyote straight dick kicks the 6th gen when FI is introduced.
So you are actually saying a 6g is a disappointment? Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm just trying to understand what you are saying. I am currently going f.i on my 6g and would gladly run a blown (non tt) yote to test this theory of yours.

I actually like 5.0's btw and almost bought one prior to getting my 6g but it's guys like you thst give the br0's a bad name man.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:44 AM
Launching!

Yea that's what I'm saying. 1 year to see car run a decent number with a motor that's came out 2 years earlier. Give the Ford guys a brand new motor they've never seen before and they run a good number as soon as it comes out.

I'm guessing you have a cam too? Going to get beat by stock long block coyotes.

Btw. Its not me giving them a bad name, I've never owned one.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:55 AM
TECH Veteran

You could also look at it in different ways. The coyote aftermarket was hugebright from the get go there's a lot more mustang guys going for it all than camaro guys. The lt1 is also limited by fuel delivery which hopefully they do get sorted out. Sounds like excuses and they are but when they can get better di injectors I think the power will go way up with fi. The lt4 is already doing 1000 pretty easily with an f1
Old 12-11-2016, 08:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Yea that's what I'm saying. 1 year to see car run a decent number with a motor that's came out 2 years earlier. Give the Ford guys a brand new motor they've never seen before and they run a good number as soon as it comes out.

I'm guessing you have a cam too? Going to get beat by stock long block coyotes.

Btw. Its not me giving them a bad name, I've never owned one.
I'm not cammed as of yet but yes mine is getting cammed and blower. So you figure a stock bottom end br0 with a blower will be faster? What are you basing this off of? Btw maybe you are correct idk yet, won't know til I actually get mine back and learn the car. Yes I know the 15 + yotes have better heads, and are forged vs forged only crank on the lt's giving it the ability to handle more boost without going into the internals but lets not get ahead of ourselves yet.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:00 AM
Launching!

I'm basing it off of numerous guys slapping a centrifugal blower on a stock motor and going low 10s, high 9s. So far fbo, cammed blower 6th gens are good for mid 10s.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by redbird555
You could also look at it in different ways. The coyote aftermarket was hugebright from the get go there's a lot more mustang guys going for it all than camaro guys. The lt1 is also limited by fuel delivery which hopefully they do get sorted out. Sounds like excuses and they are but when they can get better di injectors I think the power will go way up with fi. The lt4 is already doing 1000 pretty easily with an f1
Spot on bro! I was just going to point out the aftermarket availability on the 5.0 was/is much better than the lt's as of now. There just isn't a lot out there as of yet for the lt's so yes we are at a slight disadvantage. I'm being somewhat of a guinea pig and half assed trying my own recipe to see what I can get out of a stock bottom end lt1. So far I'm pretty confident but can only work with whats available at the time. Time will tell all, might be a **** build might be kickass. I'm just not ignorant enough to guarantee I'm going to beat this or that.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Launching!

It makes it pretty boring to be a Chevy guy really. We're up to 3 years now that the LT has been out and really not much exciting is happening. The coyote guys did it in no time at all.

At least the c7z guys mod and race.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

6th gen is a better car and will eventually have a strong mod base.

I think the biggest problem out there right now is everyone trying to tune them differently in one way or another. Learning a new complicated car is not easy.

****. Scientists cant even tell you why we need sleep for crying out loud.

Rome did not get built in a day.

You have had ford working on the same type of motor and head system for 20 years and they have hardly changed anything other than getting a decent automatic finally. So I would hope the new 5.0 car is doing well off the get. Its been in the hands of tuners since 2011.

How many tuners have seen a c7? I would assume 80% of all c7 corvettes sold are stock.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Lt1 is superior
Old 12-11-2016, 09:16 AM
Launching!

3 years. 3 ******* years. In less than a year of being out the coyote had been 9s NA and a multiple 8s FI cars.

Chevy aftermarket and enthusiasts are pitiful compared to Ford.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:31 AM
Teching In

The broginas need to be put out of their misery... foaming and period bleeding at the mouth with hypocrisy and excuses, very embarrassing for the few 5.0 owners that are actually stand up / non brand biased guys.

The coyocult has swallowed up many good guys, turned them into a cesspool of **** and puss.

What a failure the new GTs are, straight mushroom stamped by the new SS.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I'll hopefully be one of them. Not gonna lie I'm scared as hell to be voiding my warranty already. Doubt I'll get lucky again like I did with my thrown rod in my tuned header Silverado if something happens. They covered everything and GM was very good to me.
Yep it's excuses but the 6g been out less time, smaller aftermarket, less sales. Sheer numbers less guys running. E85 just got sorted. The mustang crowd is even more so sorted an passionate. They love the bolt on game and have recipes with more options readily available. They are a hardcore worthy rival. If not i wouldn't even love this **** nearly as much without the mustang. Might not be the same for some but my brand bias and the constant back and forth is what makes it so great.

The 5.0 kicks some *** with bolt ons. Most in part because of its ability to rev to 8k in bolt on form. But you also have to admit the 6g gets it done when proper as well. In the end all bs aside I believe the 6g has an edge when NA for the most part depending on mod selection. The 5.0 no doubt has an edge when going FI. I'm an NA guy and love me some GM pushrod old school **** getting it done. Both platforms are great and neither would be as great as they are without the competition.

Hoping I can put up some low 11s as well this spring. I don't see it being an issue any problems aside. I'm doing alright so far and I think I know what I'm doing
You will put up some good times man. The competition makes it fun..... I will still troll though

Originally Posted by redbird555
Ya I'm calling BS he's probably hiding lots of mods, nitrous, turbo and a blower! that's all poppas been doing this whole thread to the 6g he can't handle the fact the coyote is way more modded and is barely quicker so he's saying they're all hiding mods but every bolt on 10 sec yote is telling the troooooffffd!
Whats funny is you REALLY think I am mad, and butthurt. I have no issues with this... it just means a 6gen can run with me instead of getting gapped now.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by big hammer
Lt1 is superior
I agree. LT1 definitely superior to LS1
Old 12-11-2016, 09:45 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZYBORG
The broginas need to be put out of their misery... foaming and period bleeding at the mouth with hypocrisy and excuses, very embarrassing for the few 5.0 owners that are actually stand up / non brand biased guys.

The coyocult has swallowed up many good guys, turned them into a cesspool of **** and puss.

What a failure the new GTs are, straight mushroom stamped by the new SS.
A majority of the stuff you see on here Zyborg as you know is trolling.... you should know that pretty well right?
Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Once my **** is out (Hopefully by weeks end finally) I do wanna run a fi coyote to see where I stand and how I fare. Yes I also know they have the advantage but I love a good race anyway.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, lots to cover here. When I get to my lap top I will line out all the highlights I have seen in this thread. But we'll over a year ago IIRC I set the bolt on pump gas C7 record as well. 11.1@125. Again my ported IM/TB, Tune, CAI, headers and just a rear DR. Much worse air and alot of the tuning tables weren't available yet. Not sure if we are still #1 for pump anymore. I would assume not. I just applied what I learned with that car to this one. I didn't get this car till April and the weather has sucked till now. So along with the weather comes the times. If I would have had it last year then we would have seen the same results.

Quick Reply: LBO 16 SS goes 11.0@123