Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Mustang vs Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 08:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mappinsj
Jake every post you make. I feel like if you didn't get so volitile people would get along much much better with you. You're not an idiot just angry like all the time. Unless its just like some sort of acting bit for the forum
I've never once been angry at anyone on the internet. I literally laugh till I cry sometimes, at some of the ignorance that gets spewed all over on here. Mostly from the "CoyoCrew". This site has likely added years to my life.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Jake thinks he gets under people's skin.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Jake thinks he gets under people's skin.
Scotty thinks he gets under Jake's skin.

Scotty doesn't know...
Old 12-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Launching!

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Cwarta has a bigger cam and a lighter car, you dimwitted dingle berry. And he was shifting a lot higher. And of course he's going to beat me out of the hole with a 4500 stall and suspension mods, plus being lighter. You clearly don't know jack ****. Did you see what his car did to other cars? Where were these ignorant comments in that thread after I raced him? You're a true, authentic little betch. You and Marc are a perfect couple.
You know what else Cwarta had? A gear. Are you too stupid to understand torque multiplication and gear ratio? That answer is obvious.

I tried giving you a little bit of credit in the thread since he reported you didn't act like a jackass and you cooled your jets on here for a while... But then you went right back to full potato status.

They say everyone can be somebody in life and that you are, the somebody that is the laughing stock of LS1tech.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Prototype007
You know what else Cwarta had? A gear. Are you too stupid to understand torque multiplication and gear ratio? That answer is obvious.

I tried giving you a little bit of credit in the thread since he reported you didn't act like a jackass and you cooled your jets on here for a while... But then you went right back to full potato status.

They say everyone can be somebody in life and that you are, the somebody that is the laughing stock of LS1tech.
Are you too stupid to understand how high stalls work? If I'm potato status, you must be mashed potato status. Keep the ignorance coming. I own you, twerp.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The less time you spend in a gear and the more time you spend at peak power, the faster you will be. Spending 2 minutes in 3rd = slow car.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Are you too stupid to understand how high stalls work? If I'm potato status, you must be mashed potato status. Keep the ignorance coming. I own you, twerp.
So a stall negates the need for gearing? In the words of Nate,"El Oh El!" Such a dumbass.

If you was a woman, I'd ask for a refund on my rib. You are bit of a bitch, so I guess it does apply.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:50 PM
11 Second Club

Funny stuff here. How many here that are sub 500rwhp have actually ran their cars at the track with pretty close to the same da and the Only change being a gear change, nothing else? I have and many upon many others here have on the other side of this site. There's even been some in srk give their true data. I will say this once again, I am just about willing to bet my car that a sub 500rwhp car with the only change being gears with a 3600+ stall, will likely gain .1 tenth in the ¼ mi... rare occasions .2, but doubtful. It's likely it will be .1 tenth or less.

They will gain in the 60' but lose on the back half. It's almost a wash. I have many comparisons from my 2.73 to 3.42 gear change and did not listen, like many of you. My stall never falls below 5100rpms, so it is always in it's powerband. Once I hit 3rd gear at 110mph it's going to stay in the powerband well up over when any roll race is over.

So to everyone saying gears make a huge difference and act like we are idiots, I'd like to see your actual results with only a gear change if you even have any? Things to consider... Maybe if your stalls str is a 2.1 or a 1.8, then I wouldn't count out being able to possible get close to .2 tenths gain. Most people that run their cars at the track have around a 2.5 (unless boosted or nitrous cars) and there is not much gained, if any from a gear change. M6 cars, gears is night and day difference in track times.

Not asking for sotp performance here, because mine felt a whole lot faster after the gear change. I'd like to see real data to back it up. Flame all you want, but I bet if we start a thread on the tech side of this site that it would make believers out of more people. This post is long because this gets brought up a lot around here, but no one can show their actual results, it's always nothing but speculation, or from people that have no clue about bigger stalls.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Jake might be Charley Zelenoff
Old 12-15-2016, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I gained nothing going from 342s to 373s with cam and bolt ons.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deeohgie69
Funny stuff here. How many here that are sub 500rwhp have actually ran their cars at the track with pretty close to the same da and the Only change being a gear change, nothing else? I have and many upon many others here have on the other side of this site. There's even been some in srk give their true data. I will say this once again, I am just about willing to bet my car that a sub 500rwhp car with the only change being gears with a 3600+ stall, will likely gain .1 tenth in the ¼ mi... rare occasions .2, but doubtful. It's likely it will be .1 tenth or less.

They will gain in the 60' but lose on the back half. It's almost a wash. I have many comparisons from my 2.73 to 3.42 gear change and did not listen, like many of you. My stall never falls below 5100rpms, so it is always in it's powerband. Once I hit 3rd gear at 110mph it's going to stay in the powerband well up over when any roll race is over.

So to everyone saying gears make a huge difference and act like we are idiots, I'd like to see your actual results with only a gear change if you even have any? Things to consider... Maybe if your stalls str is a 2.1 or a 1.8, then I wouldn't count out being able to possible get close to .2 tenths gain. Most people that run their cars at the track have around a 2.5 (unless boosted or nitrous cars) and there is not much gained, if any from a gear change. M6 cars, gears is night and day difference in track times.

Not asking for sotp performance here, because mine felt a whole lot faster after the gear change. I'd like to see real data to back it up. Flame all you want, but I bet if we start a thread on the tech side of this site that it would make believers out of more people. This post is long because this gets brought up a lot around here, but no one can show their actual results, it's always nothing but speculation, or from people that have no clue about bigger stalls.

So you want to compare your turbo auto car gear results to a N/A car? Your car loves load from the 2.73 gear for the turbo and a N/A car with a setup like his needs to get up through the rpm range quickly. This isn't a nitrous car.

When you supposedly done this gear change, did you send the converter off and spec'ed for the new gear change or leave it the same? Without restalling the converter I've seen people almost get the same results in the 1/4 mile.

Your converter can stay at a certain rpm all it wants for "X" amount of time, but it doesn't mean you're fully applying the power to the ground that is being made at the crank. You're just slipping the converter and wasting power.

I've had many different cars with many different setups and never once did I not improve across the entire timeslip with a gear change.

I will agree that a stick shift car seems to shine a little more from a gear change than an auto.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I gained nothing going from 342s to 373s with cam and bolt ons.
I wouldn't expect much by that small of a change.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

273s are terrible. Lurch needs to ditch them

I did it because son because I will do anything for even a small gain. I figured it would pay off down the road. I have another set of gears I had done up(polished etc)
Old 12-15-2016, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
273s are terrible. Lurch needs to ditch them

I did it because son because I will do anything for even a small gain. I figured it would pay off down the road. I have another set of gears I had done up(polished etc)
For what you have in mind, I don't blame you, Daddy Mike.

I'll still give you this 3.08 rear so you don't spend as much in gas, coming to see your son!
Old 12-15-2016, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

You jealous that I was offered money to race? Did you figure out how a high stall converter works yet?
Hardly. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of someone calling out someone else for not wanting to drive 4 hours without some cash on the line, when the original someone wouldn't even race in his home town without being paid first.

I get why you didn't want to, Cwarta embarrassed you on your own turf.

As for me, it's not a shocker that a guy that only drives a manual didn't fully understand a stall converter. Good news is that I can and have learned, you're always going to be known as a little bitch that couldn't beat a 2V.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

So you want to compare your turbo auto car gear results to a N/A car? Your car loves load from the 2.73 gear for the turbo and a N/A car with a setup like his needs to get up through the rpm range quickly. This isn't a nitrous car.

When you supposedly done this gear change, did you send the converter off and spec'ed for the new gear change or leave it the same? Without restalling the converter I've seen people almost get the same results in the 1/4 mile.

Your converter can stay at a certain rpm all it wants for "X" amount of time, but it doesn't mean you're fully applying the power to the ground that is being made at the crank. You're just slipping the converter and wasting power.

I've had many different cars with many different setups and never once did I not improve across the entire timeslip with a gear change.

I will agree that a stick shift car seems to shine a little more from a gear change than an auto.
IIRC it was before he went turbo
Old 12-15-2016, 04:48 PM
Banned

He was talking about is cam only set up, simple jack. See what I mean, you haven't got a clue. If my gears are holding me back so damn much, then how did I run with Cwarta from a roll? He is lighter, significantly bigger cam and much bigger stall, AND he was shifting much higher. Again, you don't have the slightest clue. Getting my tune adjusted helped out a lot more than a silly gear change. Guaranteed. There are plenty of other mods I can do to give me more gains than gears also. Ignorance is bliss, kiddo.

Originally Posted by JC316
Hardly. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of someone calling out someone else for not wanting to drive 4 hours without some cash on the line, when the original someone wouldn't even race in his home town without being paid first.

I get why you didn't want to, Cwarta embarrassed you on your own turf.

As for me, it's not a shocker that a guy that only drives a manual didn't fully understand a stall converter. Good news is that I can and have learned, you're always going to be known as a little bitch that couldn't beat a 2V.
Marc has called ME out repeatedly. Nice try, junior. And embarrassed? I lost by 2 lengths on a dig and was reeling him in up top. Then the roll was close. How is that getting embarrassed? He was even surprised at my car. Leave it to derps like you with 15 second turds to talk out their asses. it's obvious that stalls are one of a great number of things that your ignorant *** can't comprehend.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:56 PM
11 Second Club

I didn't read all of that because I stopped once you said compare my turbo build. I have yet to run it at the track with my turbo setup, and if I did and it only ran 11's, I'd burn it. All of my track times that I have slips and video for are na. Cam, exhaust, and stall.. everything else was stock.

I'll read the rest of you post to see if it holds any relevance to this conversation now that you know I was na. Because as I stated earlier, you would run a different converter with a different str for a turbo or nitrous build.

Edit: I talked to yank about my converter and gear change, they told me it will work perfect the way it is. They said there isn't any reason to change it and it's in my tune. I figured I'd listen to them since it is their converter. I do my homework on everything I do to this car and I do all of my own work. It's had 4 builds in less than 2 years now, so I'm not just rambling nonsense I know nothing about. I'm not here to argue, I only was straightening out the facts on a gear change on a sub 500rwhp car, that's all.

Also, you must have magic secrets if you're the only guy continually gaining et and trap from a gear swap with a 3600+ stall. I'd like you to pm me some secrets because I could use them. You usually gain in the 1/8 and lose mph. It it so minimal at our na power levels that it isn't even worth a mod.

Last edited by Deeohgie69; 12-15-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:39 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

2V... Jake can never un-lose that. lol
Old 12-15-2016, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Nope. And he's slow anyways.

Quick Reply: Mustang vs Camaro