99 Cobra vs F1a C7z

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Cfm makes the boost. But no cfm gauge.....strange

Didn't. ...don't intend to

Again.....i don't have a aftermarket POWER ADDER. But if i did you would get drug. Just like i drug all of ypur bolt on ****.

So a full built 4.suck only has me by 70hp and it's down by 35tq you think think that something to brag on vs a bolt on ls6

And those are my old numbers. Ypu and i both know i would drag the **** out of that pos

The notch runs as it should. A 03 cobro with the exact mods would struggle to leave the 12s. Hence this car being 500lb lighter or so eqautes to being .5 faster. Like i said i think it has another .2 or .3 in it. Might have another crack it we'll see.

So are you saying from judging by my fox that the camaro could/should go much faster to?
Again my bolton combo went 9s. You are stuck in the 11s. That 70whp gap is huge.
Old 11-10-2017, 07:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Again....you're not bolt ons. You are aftermarket blown. You never left the 12s with bolt ons or cammed.

I rans 10s.....i can post the vid if you like.

Did it really take a max effort na 4.suck to only make 70 more hp and 30+ less tq than my bolt on ls6 and be slower.........
Old 11-10-2017, 08:08 AM
Banned

Again....you're not bolt ons. You are aftermarket blown. You never left the 12s with bolt ons or cammed.

I rans 10s.....i can post the vid if you like.

Did it really take a max effort na 4.suck to only make 70 more hp and 30+ less tq than my bolt on ls6 and be slower.........
Again you are not boltons. You are motor swapped and the valve covers have been off. You never left the 12s with bolton mods.

You ran 10s on messed up timers and will not go back to the track because it may never go 10s again.

Not a max effort n/a combo or you would be 100+ down in power derp.

Poor Doug.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

People get mad if you take the valve covers off? What if the gasket was leaking?

Last time I checked you couldn't screw a blower on. Can't screw em on, can't glue em on, can't use bungee cords, can't just wedge em in there real good, can't duct tape em on, can't velcro em on. But I know one thing you can do that works....you can BOLT THEM ON!!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 08:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
People get mad if you take the valve covers off? What if the gasket was leaking?

Last time I checked you couldn't screw a blower on. Can't screw em on, can't glue em on, can't use bungee cords, can't just wedge em in there real good, can't duct tape em on, can't velcro em on. But I know one thing you can do that works....you can BOLT THEM ON!!!!
Doesn't that mean short of machine work, everything is pretty much bolt on?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by automach1
Again you are not boltons. You are motor swapped and the valve covers have been off. You never left the 12s with bolton mods.

You ran 10s on messed up timers and will not go back to the track because it may never go 10s again.

Poor Doug.
I ran 11.1@ 124.xx with the oe rockers and a ls6 intake. I have a bolt in ls6 in a camaro. So more bs on your part.

Nothing wrong with the timers. More bs on your part. Car just hooked up better.

Are you still comparing a max effort slower 4.suck to me?

Valve cover gaskets ftw.

So i could bolt on a turbo and still be bolt ons?

Personally for true bolt ons atmosphere shouldn't change.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:42 AM
Banned

I ran 11.1@ 124.xx with the oe rockers and a ls6 intake. I have a bolt in ls6 in a camaro. So more bs on your part.

Are you still comparing a max effort slower 4.suck to me?

Valve cover gaskets ftw.

So i could bolt on a turbo and still be bolt ons?

Personally for true bolt ons atmosphere shouldn't change.
Still a motor swapped turd. Nothing max effort about that combo little man. So I could swap in a trinity run 9s and claim boltons?
Old 11-10-2017, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

The thought of touching oil scares ford guys cause they don't want to get any on their blouse
Old 11-10-2017, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

While GM guys are so scared that Ford guys can't even adjust their tunes, but it's pretty common for GM guys to have never touched motor oil in their life, so I see the correlation.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Ask cory.....he says rpm is more important. Camaro turns more rpm and had a tad more gear. Camaro and fox are similar in weight depending on fuel load.

Na motor typically faster than boosted if the power is even close.

H/c are not bolt ons.

Aftermarket blowers fo sho not a bolt on.
Neither are motor swaps.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:32 AM
10 Second Club

Still a motor swapped turd. Nothing max effort about that combo little man. So I could swap in a trinity run 9s and claim boltons?
Sure if you wanted. Just like i could swap in a new lt or zr1 motor or ls7 and go 9s

You mean to tell me furd only has 1 offering that can go 9s......sad
Originally Posted by big hammer
The thought of touching oil scares ford guys cause they don't want to get any on their blouse
Troof
Originally Posted by snake95
While GM guys are so scared that Ford guys can't even adjust their tunes, but it's pretty common for GM guys to have never touched motor oil in their life, so I see the correlation.
They can adjust there tunes.

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Neither are motor swaps.
My combo woukd be faster in a c5z.....so maybe you have a point
Old 11-10-2017, 10:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's not forget Chody needed double power adder to break into the 9's. I ran low 10's @141 launching super easy on a 1.7 60ft. My car would run the same times on the street as it does the strip...
Old 11-10-2017, 10:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

LS are A ok
Old 11-10-2017, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Poor Doug.
Hio: Its just a bolt on LS6!
Attached Thumbnails 99 Cobra vs F1a C7z-fabbd.jpg  
Old 11-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Banned

Sure if you wanted. Just like i could swap in a new lt or zr1 motor or ls7 and go 9s

You mean to tell me furd only has 1 offering that can go 9s......sad

Troof

They can adjust there tunes.

My combo woukd be faster in a c5z.....so maybe you have a point
Ah ok but I am sure if that was the case you would stip the fk out of it. The 5.8 still makes more power than any factory LS/LT so yea that is all Ford needs

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
Let's not forget Chody needed double power adder to break into the 9's. I ran low 10's @141 launching super easy on a 1.7 60ft. My car would run the same times on the street as it does the strip...
no double power adder here. So no 9 sec passes?

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Very true.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:04 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Stalk sealt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 11-10-2017, 11:34 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

So hiho, with oe rockers & ls6 intake you ran that time & mph. Changing to 1.8 rockers & a fast intake you gained barely .2 & 5+mph? Seems odd. Maybe you gained some hp & lost some tq.

Seeing the list of runs you made that day most were low 11's anyway. Two 10 sec passes?

You still believe you cut a 1.2x 60'?
Old 11-10-2017, 11:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah ok but I am sure if that was the case you would stip the fk out of it. The 5.8 still makes more power than any factory LS/LT so yea that is all Ford needs

Very true.
If I lived within 3 hours of a track I would easily have 9's.. New job no time. Also would help if I didn't buy a 5th gen, but couldn't pass up it was such a good deal. Plan was to leave it alone and leave the old SS for the race car, but I got bit by the mod bug already and I'm in the middle of putting D1sc on it.

Hell if I wouldn't have bought the 5th gen and done the blower I probably could have it low 9's or 8's with a 4l80e and looser converter...
Old 11-10-2017, 12:27 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sweet99ss
He won't admit the double power adder. He never admits to spraying. That **** got him kicked off a web site

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
You could very well put a ls6 in if that was your priority. Does it change that it's a ls6?

Very true.
No stipping here. That's all on you.

5.8 was good......for all of 2 yrs and running 1.5x the boost of the ls stuff. For the lt stuff is running a much smaller blower but the power is basically a wash with the lt having the edge. Lt is rated at 650/650 vs the 5.8 662/632.

I'll take 18tq over 12 hp any day if you want to split hairs on it......and at much less boost.

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
So hiho, with oe rockers & ls6 intake you ran that time & mph. Changing to 1.8 rockers & a fast intake you gained barely .2 & 5+mph? Seems odd. Maybe you gained some hp & lost some tq.

Seeing the list of runs you made that day most were low 11's anyway. Two 10 sec passes?

You still believe you cut a 1.2x 60'?
Nothing to "believe" here. If you pass a car that treed you and he had 60' a 1.46 or 1.44 then you obviously had a better 60'. This is a given. As i have said many times.....prove it didn't.

It basically works out to the same traction but better acceleration once moving. Being a stick on a dr (especially a rain worthy dr)it's not the nicest thing to get rolling. 1.7 60s are easy. It can spin to a 1.7 60.....even better at times. Basically had 2 good runs where i said eff it and it stuck. Maybe that's a me problem. I need to say eff it more.

There were other changes to. 11.1 with the ls6 intake also had a regular size fcar maf....ported. Not 85mm and ported. No rear pan and it was probably a little heavier then.

Look for it to go faster .
Old 11-10-2017, 01:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

You could very well put a ls6 in if that was your priority. Does it change that it's a ls6?

That's the point. Your car is highly modified, yet you attempt to pass it off as a some simple bolt-on setup. All the while, bitching about cars that have a lot less work done to them, running a lot faster than you.

Quick Reply: 99 Cobra vs F1a C7z