Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 valve vs LS1

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
from al I read the 3v was a great stock street car for the fun factor and a twisty car, but any other purpose they don't work as well. guy in town has one gutted with full bolt ons and cams and it just doesn't do squat in a straight line.
This is accurate. It's an extremely polished car, outstanding handling, but they aren't super great in a straight line.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

They don't handle great. They simply don't have enough tq to test the chassis. Polished is relative i suppose.....that's if polished means more plastic than a 4gen yall say has to much plastic then yea, it's a polished turd.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
They don't handle great. They simply don't have enough tq to test the chassis. Polished is relative i suppose.....that's if polished means more plastic than a 4gen yall say has to much plastic then yea, it's a polished turd.
Have you ever actually owned one, or are you just running your mouth as per usual? The early cars matches/beats a WS6 trans am in skid pad/slalom, and the later cars do better than the 5th gen in handling tests. As for the polish of the car, it may have more plastic, but the interior holds up far better in terms of cracked dashes, ripped seats, non functional switches, window motors, stereos, etc. Then there is the wind/road noise, squeaks, rattles, etc which are far superior on the mustang.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...rd-mustang-gt/
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ponti...-trans-am-ws6/

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...rd-mustang-gt/
Old 01-11-2018, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

A friend has one. I've drove it and fixed it.

The interior of them does not hold up better. His seats are worn at 60k miles. The pad by your elbow is falling apart.

I've owned 5 or 6 camaros. None if them has had the problems you mentioned.

My car was a slp ss. It handled better than ws6's. That's what i go by. The s197 chassis is nothing to write home about. Hell the difference in tire technology alone evolved pretty good in the years between those cars.

Btw....why does your dumbass keep comparing 2 cars designed 12yrs apart? Is your ******* gaped open that much? Are you ******* stupid? Just what kind of chip on your shoulder does your bitch *** have?
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

I’ve never had any issues with coyotes in stock or very light Bolton ls1 cars. Js
Old 01-12-2018, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

^^ Rednfurious other nightmare. lol
Old 01-12-2018, 12:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

A friend has one. I've drove it and fixed it.

The interior of them does not hold up better. His seats are worn at 60k miles. The pad by your elbow is falling apart.

I've owned 5 or 6 camaros. None if them has had the problems you mentioned.

My car was a slp ss. It handled better than ws6's. That's what i go by. The s197 chassis is nothing to write home about. Hell the difference in tire technology alone evolved pretty good in the years between those cars.

Btw....why does your dumbass keep comparing 2 cars designed 12yrs apart? Is your ******* gaped open that much? Are you ******* stupid? Just what kind of chip on your shoulder does your bitch *** have?
163K miles on the 06 that I had, see pics below. The funny thing here is that I've had more 4th gens than you (8 or 9) and every single one of them had busted dashes. Tires are your defense, even though the Fbody got a much wider tire?

Well, I could compare the car to the 05 Camaro...Oh wait. Are we also ignoring where the 10GT spanked the 10 SS? Also guess we're ignoring where you compared them first. Fair enough, lets look at what the 02 SS did... Ah ****, it too gets it's *** handed to it by the S197...

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...ra-comparison/

Old 01-12-2018, 05:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
^^ Rednfurious other nightmare. lol
He just validated my claims. How come you aren't flaming away? Oh i know, because i get so far under your skin that im able to wear it as a raincoat while its raining your tears. Little bitch.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
He just validated my claims. How come you aren't flaming away? Oh i know, because i get so far under your skin that im able to wear it as a raincoat while its raining your tears. Little bitch.
Only skin you get under is your boyfriends’ foreskin.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JC316
163K miles on the 06 that I had, see pics below. The funny thing here is that I've had more 4th gens than you (8 or 9) and every single one of them had busted dashes. Tires are your defense, even though the Fbody got a much wider tire?

Well, I could compare the car to the 05 Camaro...Oh wait. Are we also ignoring where the 10GT spanked the 10 SS? Also guess we're ignoring where you compared them first. Fair enough, lets look at what the 02 SS did... Ah ****, it too gets it's *** handed to it by the S197...

3v got wore out bad.

Lol at a the 3v. Why do you always back up junk man? Are you that stupud or that retarded.

178k 00

No corrosion either like those aluminum hoods do on the mustangs.

Lol at that test in 02. Lets settle this. What did your 4v run??....lol

Now stfu bitch.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:30 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Now stfu bitch.
Can you post without being mad and full on rage?
Old 01-12-2018, 10:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The guy I know had a red interior on a black car. it looked so nice but he gutted a full optioned car... I do agree with hio I think the interior is lacking. the best interior pre 09 sports car I have been in was a 06 gto, just my opinion.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ Agreed!
My buddy has on 06 GTO and the interior is really nice. Seats and dash are damn good quality.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only skin you get under is your boyfriends’ foreskin.
I can only imagine the fear that my avartar instills in you. You know that's all you'd see if you race me.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

3v got wore out bad.

Lol at a the 3v. Why do you always back up junk man? Are you that stupud or that retarded.

178k 00

No corrosion either like those aluminum hoods do on the mustangs.

Lol at that test in 02. Lets settle this. What did your 4v run??....lol

Now stfu bitch.
Yours held up pretty good, I will give you that. The texas heat might do more damage to the fbody than the mustang.

Hey, I already said that the 3V is junk in a straight line, but GM can't keep up in the corners, which is what we were talking about.

Ah, the sweet sound of victory, when you bring up the 4V in a post that has nothing to do with the 4V, I know you have nothing else left.

I have one more thing, you said that the S197 didn't have the torque to test the chassis, lets look at the GT500.... Uh oh.... It went faster in the slalom and did better on the skid pad.... 6mph faster in the slalom than the 02 SS with a lot more weight, torque, and skinnier tires... Oh and both used Goodyear Eagle F1 tires... Game, set, match.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...-shelby-gt500/

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
The guy I know had a red interior on a black car. it looked so nice but he gutted a full optioned car... I do agree with hio I think the interior is lacking. the best interior pre 09 sports car I have been in was a 06 gto, just my opinion.
I am usually not a fan of red interior, but it was bad *** on that GT. I almost kept that car, but I enjoyed my Impala SS more. I think pretty much everyone agrees that the GTO has the best interior of pretty much any sports car. I regret selling my 05 pretty much every day.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:01 PM
10 Second Club

Gto interiors were very nice

Originally Posted by islander033
Can you post without being mad and full on rage?
Maybe when he can make 3 posts in a row w/o sounding like a complete idiot.
Yours held up pretty good, I will give you that. The texas heat might do more damage to the fbody than the mustang.

Hey, I already said that the 3V is junk in a straight line, but GM can't keep up in the corners, which is what we were talking about.

Ah, the sweet sound of victory, when you bring up the 4V in a post that has nothing to do with the 4V, I know you have nothing else left.

I have one more thing, you said that the S197 didn't have the torque to test the chassis, lets look at the GT500.... Uh oh.... It went faster in the slalom and did better on the skid pad.... 6mph faster in the slalom than the 02 SS with a lot more weight, torque, and skinnier tires... Oh and both used Goodyear Eagle F1 tires... Game, set, match.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...-shelby-gt500/

I am usually not a fan of red interior, but it was bad *** on that GT. I almost kept that car, but I enjoyed my Impala SS more. I think pretty much everyone agrees that the GTO has the best interior of pretty much any sports car. I regret selling my 05 pretty much every day.
Btw....although that was my car. That wasn't my camaro. It was one i bought to flip.

Why the **** is your dumbass insistant on comparing a 60k gt500 to a 02 fcar? You are as stupid as i say. How bout this.....compare a 10yr newer camaro to a mustang. Or even better.....lets use your results

Yes bringing up your 4v has every motherfucking thing to do with actual goddamn results you idiot.

You didn't game set match ****. You're flopping around like you want to **** a tranny but don't want anyone to think you're a ****** for doin so.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 01-12-2018 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why the **** is your dumbass insistant on comparing a 60k gt500 to a 02 fcar? You are as stupid as i say. How bout this.....compare a 10yr newer camaro to a mustang. Or even better.....lets use your results

Yes bringing up your 4v has every motherfucking thing to do with actual goddamn results you idiot.

You didn't game set match ****. You're flopping around like you want to **** a tranny but don't want anyone to think you're a ****** for doin so.
Same chassis, more torque, valid to your argument. I compared the 5th gen camaro vs the S197 and the S197 won. Why do you keep ducking that?

02 camaro vs 05 Mustang, that is a 3 year difference, not this imaginary 10 year gap.

The fact that my 4V was slow in a straight line is as irrelevant as the fact that you're a proven liar that hides mods. Has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion of the S197's abilities in the curves.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
I can only imagine the fear that my avartar instills in you. You know that's all you'd see if you race me.
Well, your imagination is what makes you the laughing stock of this forum soooo, yea.

Last edited by BlkMach1; 01-12-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 06:39 PM
10 Second Club

Same chassis, more torque, valid to your argument. I compared the 5th gen camaro vs the S197 and the S197 won. Why do you keep ducking that?

02 camaro vs 05 Mustang, that is a 3 year difference, not this imaginary 10 year gap.

The fact that my 4V was slow in a straight line is as irrelevant as the fact that you're a proven liar that hides mods. Has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion of the S197's abilities in the curves.
The 5gen flat ****** wore out s197 cars. All of them. Not even a good comparison. But i guess you want to take and compare the best s197 vs the worse 5gen. Ever here of 1le.......only 3 yrs apart you stupid ****. But you don't want that comparison do ya

How bout the z28 vs boss? You want that comparison? i mean thats a s197 vs a 5gen.

No.....your ****** *** wants to cherry pick years. I'd rather pick the pinnacle of each chassis performance to exploit what it can really do.

Camaro was the same car from 98-02....so that ***** your 3yr theory in the *** just like your boyfriend does to you. So a 7yr difference. Btw......why are we comparing a chassis designed in the early 90s to one from the mid 2000s? Oh....because the furd **** of that era was just that bad.

You proved the 4v was a turd. You have never proved i have lied on **** snowflake. Fyi......i don't give enough ***** to lie about anything.

Well, your imagination is what makes you the laughing stock of this forum soooo, yea.
That would be you.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You don't have to defend every single thing about GM...I love their cars, but the 4th gen interior is a steaming pile of ****. It is BAD, seriously. I've had 4 and every single one got the busted dash. Two had the stupid triangle side mirror thing fall off. Three out of four had the center console come off. I replaced the dash in my Z twice (the only fbod I've kept) and the current one is cracked AGAIN and I have probably put a whopping 5k miles on it since it was last replaced (Porch Ornament). All OEM GM parts, so can't blame aftermarket repros.

GM interior in general is just trash, they didn't start getting bearable until recently. Even my C6 has a pretty crappy interior for a "Flagship"...not worn out or anything since the miles are so low, but TONS of cheap plastic and fake leather everywhere. Fit and finish is miles ahead of the Fbod but to be honest the gauges and dash are the only "nice" part. My 2003 c-class at 50k miles had a much nicer interior then my 09 with 18k vette. I also didn't have to pull door panels and duct tape plastic push tabs to keep the doors from rattling and buzzing over bumps and when bass hits (google C6 door rattle). Heck, the Bose systems have a stupid plastic BOSE logo on the speakers that is just loosely pinned into them and rattles like heck straight from the factory...how does that get past the design stage???

PS: 3v still trash, but at least its not a 2V .

Quick Reply: 3 valve vs LS1