Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 valve vs LS1

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

4 gens are amazing inside, nothing like falling I love with a 97 grand am all over again.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dodge has the best seats. Shame they put them in ******* million pound tanks.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
4 gens are amazing inside, nothing like falling I love with a 97 grand am all over again.
LMAO my lil sister had a Grand Am for like 3 months before electrical gremlins started popping up. Didn't want to touch that mess so told her to cut her losses and she sold it for a Matrix that of course didn't have one single issue its whole life.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just picked up a 99’ wd6 for dirt cheap. Decided to throw some parts at it, twin gt35’s etc. loveddd the exterior, almost won’t even get into that bland bs they call interior. Yuck. My old gto was by far the best interior I’ve had.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
The 5gen flat ****** wore out s197 cars. All of them. Not even a good comparison. But i guess you want to take and compare the best s197 vs the worse 5gen. Ever here of 1le.......only 3 yrs apart you stupid ****. But you don't want that comparison do ya

How bout the z28 vs boss? You want that comparison? i mean thats a s197 vs a 5gen.

No.....your ****** *** wants to cherry pick years. I'd rather pick the pinnacle of each chassis performance to exploit what it can really do.

Camaro was the same car from 98-02....so that ***** your 3yr theory in the *** just like your boyfriend does to you. So a 7yr difference. Btw......why are we comparing a chassis designed in the early 90s to one from the mid 2000s? Oh....because the furd **** of that era was just that bad.

You proved the 4v was a turd. You have never proved i have lied on **** snowflake. Fyi......i don't give enough ***** to lie about anything.
So the last year of the 3V is the best S197? You'd rather pick the pinnacle of each, unless of course it's an S197 vs a 4th gen, then that's totally no fair, because reasons. Hell, I'm not even taking the best S197, just a plain *** GT 3V vs the best handling 4th gen they had, and the mustang walks all over it.

Even still, this isn't a versus thing, just a statement that the S197 was a good handling car. You disagree, so I posted up a comparison against the one that you like the most, the 4th gen. Hell, the 05 Mustang handles as well as a ******* C5 corvette, pulling the same MPH through the slalom. Oh and it does it with way shittier tires.

[sarcasm]But yeah, the S197 doesn't handle well at all. [/sarcasm]

ZL1 vs GT500 would be the pinnacle anyway, and we all know how badly the snake crushes that car.

Last edited by JC316; 01-12-2018 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
And the coyotes and 2 valves wouldn’t wanna race me for some reason.

Good kill but i don't think you can keep up with a coyote .
Trust me I know all about Coyotes man, worked on 3, driven/raced my dads. My dad actually has your exact set up in your signature minus the clutch and nitrous. But he has NT05R, and the gearing from the performance pack and the 7500 rpm shifting is insane. I love that car to death, and I love that thing going from a 40 mph roll. Trust me when I say I love coyotes. Which is why I kinda wanna beat one. I don’t feel that I can beat the car. But I’ll take my chances that I can out drive some of the drivers. I have a satisfaction of saying that I have a lesser car, but I beat it anyways. I feel like my car is a low 13 second, high 12 car. Most Coyotes (stock with stock tires) run about that. With my Drag radials, I feel that I could do pretty good against one from a dig, up to a 20 mph roll. Anything higher, I know I couldn’t keep up.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
captain insano truly shows no mercy..
Besides the fact that the water boy is one of my favorite movies, that quote is literally the reason I named my car Capt Insano haha... I pulled up the video of him saying that right after I beat the 3 valve and I made my buddy laugh haha
Old 01-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nick.H
Is the H pipe a custom piece or does somebody make production H pipes for fbodies?
Came with the car and looks custom, has a hack job of welding, but no leaks. I hate it because my collectors are clearly 3” and the pipe for the h pipe and everything is like 2.5”. Bout to take it off and go 3” all the way with x pipe and bullets or super 10s dumped
Old 01-12-2018, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Having driven both my dad's and brothers 06 gt's several times over the years, I will say in my opinion they handled quite a bit better than the 4th gen LS1. My 2000 SS handles better than my 04 gt, but the new platform on the 2005 3 valve was a pretty good improvement. I also thought the overall interior and fit and finish was definitely better than my old old 04 gt and 2000 SS. Those were just my personal observations and opinions
Old 01-12-2018, 11:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by JC316
So the last year of the 3V is the best S197? You'd rather pick the pinnacle of each, unless of course it's an S197 vs a 4th gen, then that's totally no fair, because reasons. Hell, I'm not even taking the best S197, just a plain *** GT 3V vs the best handling 4th gen they had, and the mustang walks all over it.

Even still, this isn't a versus thing, just a statement that the S197 was a good handling car. You disagree, so I posted up a comparison against the one that you like the most, the 4th gen. Hell, the 05 Mustang handles as well as a ******* C5 corvette, pulling the same MPH through the slalom. Oh and it does it with way shittier tires.

[sarcasm]But yeah, the S197 doesn't handle well at all. [/sarcasm]

ZL1 vs GT500 would be the pinnacle anyway, and we all know how badly the snake crushes that car.
The 4gen had virtually no changes from 98-02 dumbass.

You have no ******* clue about how to even get down a dragstrip mr 14s 4v swap. How the **** would have a clue about handling which is 10x harder.

The s197 was just ok at handling. Very comparable to a 4gen.......except it came along 12 ******* years later which was a total let down at that point.

Dude....you're arguing 3v marits.......sit the **** down. They were ****.

No the zl1 wasn't the pinnacle of 5gen handling you dumbass. The z28 was. Since you like goin year for year a 12 zl1 flat ******* smoked a 12 gt500. Hows that ******* medicine taste dipshit.

And oh btw

So much for your 2010 4.suck vs 2010 camaro ss handling better. Unless you think almost 4sec slower is better. You probably do tho....that's what a dumbass you are.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt. Insano
Came with the car and looks custom, has a hack job of welding, but no leaks. I hate it because my collectors are clearly 3” and the pipe for the h pipe and everything is like 2.5”. Bout to take it off and go 3” all the way with x pipe and bullets or super 10s dumped
I have an Fbody specific x pipe system for sale, brand new. Pm me if you want to talk about it
Old 01-13-2018, 01:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

The 4gen had virtually no changes from 98-02 dumbass.

You have no ******* clue about how to even get down a dragstrip mr 14s 4v swap. How the **** would have a clue about handling which is 10x harder.

The s197 was just ok at handling. Very comparable to a 4gen.......except it came along 12 ******* years later which was a total let down at that point.

Dude....you're arguing 3v marits.......sit the **** down. They were ****.

No the zl1 wasn't the pinnacle of 5gen handling you dumbass. The z28 was. Since you like goin year for year a 12 zl1 flat ******* smoked a 12 gt500. Hows that ******* medicine taste dipshit.

And oh btw

So much for your 2010 4.suck vs 2010 camaro ss handling better. Unless you think almost 4sec slower is better. You probably do tho....that's what a dumbass you are.
It's like arguing with a guy that graduated top 20 in his class from Lincoln tech. I can throw all the data, logic, and experience I want at you, but your Hillary level of denial will always protect you.

I'd put money on a stock 3V walking a stock 4th gen fbody at a road course with the same drivers.

As for the Z28, Ford had already won at that point and moved on to the S550, where the GT350R mopped it up. The 1LE was a good car, even though they used much better tires than the Boss. God knows they needed to compete in the turns, since they couldn't beat the boss in a straight line.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yours held up pretty good, I will give you that. The texas heat might do more damage to the fbody than the mustang.

Hey, I already said that the 3V is junk in a straight line, but GM can't keep up in the corners, which is what we were talking about.

Ah, the sweet sound of victory, when you bring up the 4V in a post that has nothing to do with the 4V, I know you have nothing else left.

I have one more thing, you said that the S197 didn't have the torque to test the chassis, lets look at the GT500.... Uh oh.... It went faster in the slalom and did better on the skid pad.... 6mph faster in the slalom than the 02 SS with a lot more weight, torque, and skinnier tires... Oh and both used Goodyear Eagle F1 tires... Game, set, match.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...-shelby-gt500/

I am usually not a fan of red interior, but it was bad *** on that GT. I almost kept that car, but I enjoyed my Impala SS more. I think pretty much everyone agrees that the GTO has the best interior of pretty much any sports car. I regret selling my 05 pretty much every day.
the 05-10 mustang looked like they stole the f150 interior lol. im pretty sure the gto was so nice compared to anything else was because Australia made it, everything is cooler down under.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:45 AM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwarta
... My old gto was by far the best interior I’ve had.
Pretty much my fav gayteeoh that has been in SRK. I'm still mad at you for sailing it.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by freaky57fast
the 05-10 mustang looked like they stole the f150 interior lol. im pretty sure the gto was so nice compared to anything else was because Australia made it, everything is cooler down under.
I can't think of any car, outside of the GTO, from 05-10 that had really nice interior. The Dodge cars are terrible, GM had electrical bugs, Nissan was a sea of black plastic, and Ford was just bland. Ford held up the best in terms of breakage.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by islander033
Pretty much my fav gayteeoh that has been in SRK. I'm still mad at you for sailing it.
You and me both brother :/
Old 01-13-2018, 06:04 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

I wouldnt mind DD an LS2 GTO. I think they look great.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
I wouldnt mind DD an LS2 GTO. I think they look great.
It's a bloated cavalier, but a damned fine daily.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

It's like arguing with a guy that graduated top 20 in his class from Lincoln tech. I can throw all the data, logic, and experience I want at you, but your Hillary level of denial will always protect you.

I'd put money on a stock 3V walking a stock 4th gen fbody at a road course with the same drivers.

As for the Z28, Ford had already won at that point and moved on to the S550, where the GT350R mopped it up. The 1LE was a good car, even though they used much better tires than the Boss. God knows they needed to compete in the turns, since they couldn't beat the boss in a straight line.
Stock 3v are lol. Even our resident homomach never got one past the mid 12s cammed.

Btw....why do you keep comparing chassis designed 12yrs apart

Yea...you know nothing about data. So much for the gt350r 2 seater doin anythibg with the z28. Oh and look....only 1yr apart.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ry-car-feature

How bout that data....you like that data. 350r only .9 slower than a z28. Talk about getting mopped up and ignoring data

**** the s550 track pack couldn't beat a 5gen 1le either. #data #s550flop

Read that data now dipshit.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Stock 3v are lol. Even our resident homomach never got one past the mid 12s cammed.

Btw....why do you keep comparing chassis designed 12yrs apart

Yea...you know nothing about data. So much for the gt350r 2 seater doin anythibg with the z28. Oh and look....only 1yr apart.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...ry-car-feature

How bout that data....you like that data. 350r only .9 slower than a z28. Talk about getting mopped up and ignoring data

**** the s550 track pack couldn't beat a 5gen 1le either. #data #s550flop

Read that data now dipshit.
Here are a couple of 12 second bolt on 3V's, no cams.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...ormance-parts/

A lovely 12.3@108 without cams.
http://www.horsepowerjunkies.com/for...ad.php?t=77222

That's a lovely list, but it doesn't give a lot of factors. What days were they tested? What were the conditions during the tests? Were they all the same driver?

Wanna see a test on the same day with the same driver?

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/...t350r-mustang/

Oh dear, looks like the z28 got it's *** kicked. Bummer.

Quick Reply: 3 valve vs LS1