Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Stock LS1 goes down against modded Eclipse Turbo AWD

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock LS1 goes down against modded Eclipse Turbo AWD

Yep got killed tonight and I am having problems digesting it. Raced 3 times and he got a jump on me the first two. He had two cars on me from 40mph to around 100mph. The third he let me jump first and then he couldn't catch up but he was following me close to my quarter panel. I got basicly nothing except what is noted in my sig minus nitrous which is seating on the corner of my table right now. This guy had a three gauges on the pillar and a super huge ricer exhaust. The fact that I am A4 didn't help me cause my tranny was delaying the shift when punching it and that sucked. I had a passenger and he didn't... but I would of liked destroying him instead I got riced.
Old 07-04-2004, 03:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That doesn't sound too too bad. You had the extra weight of a passenger, he got the jump the two he won, he couldn't chase you down (though he could be faster and still not be capable of running you down), and you were racing from a roll on a stock A4 with 2.73's..........hook up that nitrous to make it power adder vs power adder and then see what's up.....
Old 07-04-2004, 03:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Fishv12
Yep got killed tonight and I am having problems digesting it. Raced 3 times and he got a jump on me the first two. He had two cars on me from 40mph to around 100mph. The third he let me jump first and then he couldn't catch up but he was following me close to my quarter panel. I got basicly nothing except what is noted in my sig minus nitrous which is seating on the corner of my table right now. This guy had a three gauges on the pillar and a super huge ricer exhaust. The fact that I am A4 didn't help me cause my tranny was delaying the shift when punching it and that sucked. I had a passenger and he didn't... but I would of liked destroying him instead I got riced.

Nothing to be ashamed of man.. those 90's DSM's are no joke. Very quick cars.. and I'm sure one of the guages you saw was for BOOST... Just install your nitrous and spray him. You're pretty much guaranteed a win if you can hook up the tires.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

all i have to say is good kill and i am going to be paying for patying and staying ups thiss late
Old 07-04-2004, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Your boyfriend sure does keep you up late Gray.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by black_z

You are so ****** getting your account fucked with......

i will get pics of all of us doing keg stands and what not, and the ladies we had at the party

and of course for you guys that no me, i will not fail with the ladies part
Old 07-04-2004, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
all i have to say is good kill ...
Old 07-04-2004, 11:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by unit213
Yeah, he's drunk...

Last night was...
Old 07-04-2004, 12:09 PM
STF Veteran

AWD Eclipses can be quick as **** for a 4banger if built correctly. solid 11-second cars in full street trim arn't uncommon. They cut 1.7 second 60' times with just a few mods and a good driver. i'm not suprised he got the jump on you. That being said, the nitrous kit would probably put you completely back in the running from a roll.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

AWD DSMs are very respectable. It's not really a surprise that you got beat by a modded one.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:15 PM
NKAWTG...N

all my friends are dsm guys. they are scary some times. i dont trust turbo imports because of these guys. slowest one is like mid 12's and that guy has like no money in his car. ya IMO, AWD DSM's can be scary mothers, especially from a dig.
Old 07-04-2004, 04:21 PM
Launching!

Just a question... From a roll would a torque converter help anything. The most I felt was the delay from the tranny shifting down. From a dig everything is different but not from a roll. Ain't the 2.73 gears suppose to help me at top end compared to the 3.23?
Old 07-04-2004, 04:34 PM
STF Veteran

Ain't the 2.73 gears suppose to help me at top end compared to the 3.23?
with gas mileage maybe. or at the VERY top end (like 120+). until you run out of rpm in your top gear, steeper gears are almost always better (within reason. putting 5.10s into a street ls1 is a bit much).
Old 07-04-2004, 05:31 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

I got riced.
HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pdd
HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS.
I need more $$$ so I can beat imports all day long
Old 07-05-2004, 12:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Just a question... From a roll would a torque converter help anything. The most I felt was the delay from the tranny shifting down. From a dig everything is different but not from a roll.
A torque converter would drop you further down in the RPM range of the gear that your tranny downshifted to. So, yes, it would help you out from a roll.

Aftermarket torque converters are the car gods' gift to A4 F-Bodies.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by enisguy
A torque converter would drop you further down in the RPM range of the gear that your tranny downshifted to. So, yes, it would help you out from a roll.

Aftermarket torque converters are the car gods' gift to A4 F-Bodies.
Thought it was a big waste of money till i was talked into one. NIGHT and DAY diffrence!
Old 07-05-2004, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chrdij
Thought it was a big waste of money till i was talked into one. NIGHT and DAY diffrence!
I am just quite lost with all the different things I can do to this car and the options a person would have. I plan on using nitrous but I never get around and actually install the kit altough I really know how to do it. I just don't have a garage and time on my hands is extremely low from work, gym, bike, movies and different activities I always do lol. The thing with nitrous is that it scares me more since you have to verify everything is alright more often then just heads/cam and bolt ons. It seems to me things can go really wrong on the juice compared to other really solid options plus I was planning to use it track only. I would like to go head/cam but there is no definite answer on what would be the greatest route to take vs. power outcome. My route would be the one that can make the most power for the money and stay reliable and safe and emissions legal. My plan is:

LT Headers (not too low to the ground)
Hooker cat-back w/ ory pipe plus cats
Torque converter (don't know which)
Head/Cam combo
+nitrous track only

And with all that I still don't know what ET I would end up with, power level I would be at or how much I would be looking at really. Would it be worthwhile ?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Launching!

I am just quite lost with all the different things I can do to this car and the options a person would have. I plan on using nitrous but I never get around and actually install the kit altough I really know how to do it. I just don't have a garage and time on my hands is extremely low from work, gym, bike, movies and different activities I always do lol. The thing with nitrous is that it scares me more since you have to verify everything is alright more often then just heads/cam and bolt ons. It seems to me things can go really wrong on the juice compared to other really solid options plus I was planning to use it track only. I would like to go head/cam but there is no definite answer on what would be the greatest route to take vs. power outcome. My route would be the one that can make the most power for the money and stay reliable and safe and emissions legal. My plan is:

LT Headers (not too low to the ground)
Hooker cat-back w/ ory pipe plus cats
Torque converter (don't know which)
Head/Cam combo
+nitrous track only

And with all that I still don't know what ET I would end up with, power level I would be at or how much I would be looking at really. Would it be worthwhile ?
The best bang for the buck, i would have to go with the converter/ spray. I Personally have a Vig3600 stall and spary a 125 shot behind that. That combo I can take 03-04 cobras all day long
Old 07-06-2004, 12:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by black_z