Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

6g vs 6g. Equal mods. Tuning is everything .

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The buster

sup pray, yes your right from a 30roll I couldn’t keep up. Race stars and radial vs stock tire with all seasons I couldn’t even stay on the throttle. But I ran him from a 40/50 and took it by a car at most. Your tuning is great and your knowledge is beast. Just because I don’t get tuned by you don’t mean you don’t matter in the game. Thanks for the help. Quest for 500whp fbo on the way!!!!!
Im down to run the buster where are you from? the buster vs the reaper sounds like an awesome run lol not trying to upset anyone or anything im just a person that loves a challenge and it sounds like it be a good turnout
Old 08-22-2018, 10:51 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

That’s really a opinion, each person buys cars depending on the value you believe you’re getting. I will never say my car is better than a Camaro, but it was a better option for me.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
That’s really a opinion, each person buys cars depending on the value you believe you’re getting. I will never say my car is better than a Camaro, but it was a better option for me.
I know man. I was just joking around. I am actually not a brand loyalist at all. I would have been a "Ford" man but the a guy wrecked the Mustang I was buying the night before I picked it up 25 years ago. I bought a 69' Camaro instead and the rest is history. I almost bought an 03' Cobra in 03' but couldn't afford the insurance. LOL
Old 08-22-2018, 11:16 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
I know man. I was just joking around. I am actually not a brand loyalist at all. I would have been a "Ford" man but the a guy wrecked the Mustang I was buying the night before I picked it up 25 years ago. I bought a 69' Camaro instead and the rest is history. I almost bought an 03' Cobra in 03' but couldn't afford the insurance. LOL
that's funny. Same for me, was trying to get a mustang and it didn't work out, ended up with a camaro.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:25 AM
Teching In

can go wrong with either...
Old 08-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 02reaper_tdr
Im down to run the buster where are you from? the buster vs the reaper sounds like an awesome run lol not trying to upset anyone or anything im just a person that loves a challenge and it sounds like it be a good turnout
well I live in Florida and down south. I am the same way. If you check out my channel you will see how many runs I’ve done and what cars I’ve ran. I don’t care about what I run as long as it’s fair and a good race. I enjoy it and it looks like your camaro is running amazing. I talk to pray often even tho i am tuned by another tuner. Pray has a lot of knowledge due to a lot of research. I know your tuned by pray it will be a good fight. But beware if we ever meet the buster,Trust me be on your A game.

https://www.youtube.com/user/beastmode3162
Old 08-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Oh my
Old 08-22-2018, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Buster is here! I would love to run you next time I am down there
Old 08-22-2018, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The buster

well I live in Florida and down south. I am the same way. If you check out my channel you will see how many runs I’ve done and what cars I’ve ran. I don’t care about what I run as long as it’s fair and a good race. I enjoy it and it looks like your camaro is running amazing. I talk to pray often even tho i am tuned by another tuner. Pray has a lot of knowledge due to a lot of research. I know your tuned by pray it will be a good fight. But beware if we ever meet the buster,Trust me be on your A game.

https://www.youtube.com/user/beastmode3162
dang i live all the way in eagle pass tx and yea for sure ill check it out brotha ill subscribe to it so i can keep up with your build
Old 08-22-2018, 06:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Where is eagle pass Texas
Old 08-22-2018, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Just checked your in Mexico basically but that's probably as far as Florida from me lol damn Texas is a big state I'm in east Texas but I work in West Texas some if my rig gets sent out there
Old 08-22-2018, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought my 6th Gen solely to make money. No other reason at all. I needed to learn the E92 ECM and the DI motor. I refuse to experiment on customers cars. I would be rollin a V2 Caddi if I had my choice. Well, a V3 if I could afford it. And I do love a Hell Cat Charger.
Can you remote tune with HP tuners now or do a lot of guys just fly you out for a street tune session?
Old 08-27-2018, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

They seem to always do really well LBO. Until 5th gear. Then they are mediocre without some special attention IMO

i mean didn’t you run 11.0 LBO stock exhaust at over 3800 lbs with yours ?
Old 08-28-2018, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
They seem to always do really well LBO. Until 5th gear. Then they are mediocre without some special attention IMO

i mean didn’t you run 11.0 LBO stock exhaust at over 3800 lbs with yours ?
This one is doing pretty good. Some attention had been paid to it.

Yes, I went a bunch of 11.0's@123+ with the complete stock exhaust at 3,840lbs. I really wish I was into weight reduction and knew what I was doing with the transmission back then. LOL.
Old 08-28-2018, 03:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
i need you here in benning tuning. Lol
We have the interwebs for that.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:48 AM
Teching In

So there is now a A8 6th Gen down in the Miami area with my ported stock stuff and my tuning. It seems to be doing pretty well. Still a ton of mods we could do to this thing to make it more competitive. We will see how things go in the near future to see what the next round of mods will be.
Indeed that car is running pretty strong and we already have a date set for a private run .
Old 08-28-2018, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
Indeed that car is running pretty strong and we already have a date set for a private run .
Sweet. I would suspect you are going to pound him. We are working on some more things on the car as it sits. We may go ported MSD/95mm, U/D, and a couple other things in the future depending on how things pan out. That should evenly line it up with the other cars running around there right now. It's technically a huge under dog mods wise right now. Especially for roll racing.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Sweet. I would suspect you are going to pound him. We are working on some more things on the car as it sits. We may go ported MSD/95mm, U/D, and a couple other things in the future depending on how things pan out. That should evenly line it up with the other cars running around there right now. It's technically a huge under dog mods wise right now. Especially for roll racing.
well he beat everyone he raced that afternoon except a h/c/i 5th gen who i'm also running soon .
Old 08-28-2018, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

do you happen to know his name ? i want to make sure is the same guy we talking about here.

I am sure we are both talking about Andrew D. Red 6th Gen.

I would figure a blown S550 would smash a bolt on 6th Gen.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

well he beat everyone he raced that afternoon except a h/c/i 5th gen who i'm also running soon .
He had that 5th Gen for a long time in the vid I saw. Where did the guy pass him, around 130 or so. I couldn't see how bad it got up top though.