Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lucille vs pray tune 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Pray doing hard campaigning on social media that his car beat the fastest local NA 5.0 but no mention that another 5.0 beat the 6gen while playing super cool and friendly in here.
How convenient to pull out the excuse book on runs his car loses and saying only legit ones are the ones the 6gen wins in.
Well he did state comments on that other race. Run it back so his comments will show as being true? 18s run good for sure. I firmly believe Pray cars run better.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
Indeed , so basically the runs the 6th gen beat me was because he was the fastest car buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the other runs where the 6th gen clearly slammed the brakes at 130 i jumped , and please don't start with the speed were discussed because then 35 to 131 or 40 to 130 is a CAPITAL L . someone is looking to gain recognition and attract attention and potential sales .
Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
he can't drug **** cause 6th gen with all the porting in the world still pig out pass 130 mph .
We should run. You can have your rolls.

And don't worry. He doesn't need to have one of his minimal bolton cars beat your max bolton car to gain sales. He is pretty swamped as it is right now.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:50 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
So why is the the 6th gens falling off up top ? Seems like the car doesn’t make power after 5400 rpm or so if I’m correct wouldn’t a cam take car of that or is it just the manifold holding it back ?
The A8 just loses some of it's momentum on the 5th gear shift... thats where the 5.0 can gain because its in the meat of its powerband. They should run all the way out to as far as they could go though... because I am betting once in the meat of 6th gear, the 6gen would stop the pull and take back off
Old 09-17-2018, 04:59 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppacapp
Well he did state comments on that other race. Run it back so his comments will show as being true? 18s run good for sure. I firmly believe Pray cars run better.
within 30 minutes of the runs with swapped there were screenshots from the back showing 6gen a couple lengths ahead. After a few hours of the 6gens lost to the other 5.0 not a beep. Conveniently when I mention it’s “oh yea, I just heard a minute ago”. So from what I gathered from one side is.., swapped hiding mods, didn’t post all the runs, the ones it won it’s because it jumped, it’s the absolute fastest NA 5.0 in south Florida, the Camaro makes 450whp and weighs 3850lbs, 6gen didn’t let off early it’s the 28” tires that throws the speedo off compared to the 28” stock tires, the other 5.0 races were on wet roads.

Last edited by BlkMach1; 09-17-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:20 AM
Teching In

We should run. You can have your rolls.

And don't worry. He doesn't need to have one of his minimal bolton cars beat your max bolton car to gain sales. He is pretty swamped as it is right now.
we supposed to be shook by this? Lol dont threaten us with a good time, no crew antics and tactics here.

Last edited by BlkMach1; 09-17-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Racing at the track is now a stipulation? Hio has officially gone full tard.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Start off with a couple things that are very fairy. All this FBO vs LBO is gay. Swapped can do more mods too.... so? Maybe by the time mero gets all that other stuff done, swapped may have a blower or something else. Also if anyone on here runs anyone else it better be mod 4 mod or don't even post it. Crew lyfe?? Wack!!! Then this mero winning hands down. Not to me. Yes, I see it's fast & uses that automagic to push that thing ahead on shifts. Thanks to Pray. BUT. Just cause it has better shifts & more tq it's not faster everywhere. You can see the car fall off from it's sprint through the gears when it hits fifth. I think it is really funny to hear guys say it will pull harder if it goes faster. Lol. Now the gear multiplication, from the furd in 7th to mero in 5th, is almost the same, or very close, at this ratio. If both cars go up to next gear the furd has more tq multiply w/gears than cheby. So the cheby will zing right up & start pulling harder than it was in lower gear?? No. Sorry guys. I'm sure swapped was going to stay in it but one car knew he was going to get drug if go any further. Both cars won..both cars lost. Whatever lol. Race on.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:37 AM
11 Second Club

within 30 minutes of the runs with swapped there were screenshots from the back showing 6gen a couple lengths ahead. After a few hours of the 6gens lost to the other 5.0 not a beep. Conveniently when I mention it’s “oh yea, I just heard a minute ago”. So from what I gathered from one side is.., swapped hiding mods, didn’t post all the runs, the ones it won it’s because it jumped, it’s the absolute fastest NA 5.0 in south Florida, the Camaro makes 450whp and weighs 3850lbs, 6gen didn’t let off early it’s the 28” tires that throws the speedo off compared to the 28” stock tires, the other 5.0 races were on wet roads.
Pray explained the deal. The TRUTH is you guys ran the most basic of a bolton Pray car setup wise. Best bet is to rerun. Let him throw the full bolton package on the car with the proper 26" tires(MSD/95mm tb combo and you will see what Pray was talking about. I am not disputing the 18 A10 cars run good. They do. But if you for one minute think this Camaro will not be a different animal with the Pray recommendations, then you are sadly mistaken.

Racing is fun.. I love it. the rivalry makes it even more fun. People may think I am biased towards GM now since that's what I have.. but I am not. I know the 5.0 is a beast with boost and little effort. The 18s do run much closer to the 6gens now. But again... there are so many variables in the 6gen tuning world. Pray knows these platforms.. thats why his cars roll out like they do. Reruns will be fun. I would assume the Mustang guys would do something different like throw FTW in for the next races etc, but thats fine as long as Drew is able to get a portedMSD/95mm tb combo on the car and proper tires. He still only needs simple pump E70-78%. Will be fun

we supposed to be shook by this? Lol dont threaten us with a good time, no crew antics and tactics here.
It would be fun for sure mang. All racing should be, but unfortunately is usually degrades into debating every aspect of the races.

No I am not trying to get anyone shook. I am speaking of my total combo and how a top tier Pray NA stock cammed/stock convertered LT1 car runs. Along with mine only being 3560lbs raceweight(Heavy for a Vette)

Just as an example.. replay these race videos and imagine me a good bit ahead of all of yall...even at 130.. and once I hit my 1:1 6th gear... oh boy.

Old 09-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Pray explained the deal. The TRUTH is you guys ran the most basic of a bolton Pray car setup wise. Best bet is to rerun. Let him throw the full bolton package on the car with the proper 26" tires(MSD/95mm tb combo and you will see what Pray was talking about. I am not disputing the 18 A10 cars run good. They do. But if you for one minute think this Camaro will not be a different animal with the Pray recommendations, then you are sadly mistaken.

Racing is fun.. I love it. the rivalry makes it even more fun. People may think I am biased towards GM now since that's what I have.. but I am not. I know the 5.0 is a beast with boost and little effort. The 18s do run much closer to the 6gens now. But again... there are so many variables in the 6gen tuning world. Pray knows these platforms.. thats why his cars roll out like they do. Reruns will be fun. I would assume the Mustang guys would do something different like throw FTW in for the next races etc, but thats fine as long as Drew is able to get a portedMSD/95mm tb combo on the car and proper tires. He still only needs simple pump E70-78%. Will be fun

It would be fun for sure mang. All racing should be, but unfortunately is usually degrades into debating every aspect of the races.

No I am not trying to get anyone shook. I am speaking of my total combo and how a top tier Pray NA stock cammed/stock convertered LT1 car runs. Along with mine only being 3560lbs raceweight(Heavy for a Vette)

Just as an example.. replay these race videos and imagine me a good bit ahead of all of yall...even at 130.. and once I hit my 1:1 6th gear... oh boy.

Yall? LOL

Thats a whole lot of what ifs. All cars can have more mods, weight less and have better tires. Do you think the 18 already has a Ported CJ and monoblade?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Start off with a couple things that are very fairy. All this FBO vs LBO is gay. Swapped can do more mods too.... so? Maybe by the time mero gets all that other stuff done, swapped may have a blower or something else. Also if anyone on here runs anyone else it better be mod 4 mod or don't even post it. Crew lyfe?? Wack!!! Then this mero winning hands down. Not to me. Yes, I see it's fast & uses that automagic to push that thing ahead on shifts. Thanks to Pray. BUT. Just cause it has better shifts & more tq it's not faster everywhere. You can see the car fall off from it's sprint through the gears when it hits fifth. I think it is really funny to hear guys say it will pull harder if it goes faster. Lol. Now the gear multiplication, from the furd in 7th to mero in 5th, is almost the same, or very close, at this ratio. If both cars go up to next gear the furd has more tq multiply w/gears than cheby. So the cheby will zing right up & start pulling harder than it was in lower gear?? No. Sorry guys. I'm sure swapped was going to stay in it but one car knew he was going to get drug if go any further. Both cars won..both cars lost. Whatever lol. Race on.
A8 cars make average 20-25rwhp more to the ground on a dyno in 6th vs 5th. I also have driven my A8 car many times and logged quite a bit. 6th gear pulls harder. 5th gear drops because ofnthe 4-5 gear split.. dropping the motor to below peak power. The 5-6-7 gears are closer together...meaning once the car gets its momentum back from the 5th gear drop... it stays in power on the shifts.

no sense in debating tho. Throw the Pray boltins at the Camaro and do everything you can to the 18. Cj etc etc.. NA the LT1 cars still got the game locked. Not by as much as before but still locked.

Boost? 5.0s win cost/performance.

I have been trying to run 2 fbo 18 5 0s locally. First one was a shop car that our schedules didnt meet up before he went full Whipple/fore fueling etc . The other is one of the quicker bolton cars in the area. We have spoken and were supposed to run one evening. Was just waiting for the message for the meet spot. Never got the message and havent heard from him since. He must have talked to others about that "Grand Sport" and decided not to run. 🤔
Old 09-17-2018, 12:24 PM
Teching In

A8 cars make average 20-25rwhp more to the ground on a dyno in 6th vs 5th. I also have driven my A8 car many times and logged quite a bit. 6th gear pulls harder. 5th gear drops because ofnthe 4-5 gear split.. dropping the motor to below peak power. The 5-6-7 gears are closer together...meaning once the car gets its momentum back from the 5th gear drop... it stays in power on the shifts.

no sense in debating tho. Throw the Pray boltins at the Camaro and do everything you can to the 18. Cj etc etc.. NA the LT1 cars still got the game locked. Not by as much as before but still locked.

I have been trying to run 2 fbo 18 5 0s locally. First one was a shop car that our schedules didnt meet up before he went full Whipple/fore fueling etc . The other is one of the quicker bolton cars in the area. We have spoken and were supposed to run one evening. Was just waiting for the message for the meet spot. Never got the message and havent heard from him since. He must have talked to others about that "Grand Sport" and decided not to run. 🤔

well damn....sounds oddly familiar..hmmmmm
Old 09-17-2018, 12:48 PM
11 Second Club

well damn....sounds oddly familiar..hmmmmm

hey I can only state what happened. Wpuld still like to run him, but I sure as hell am not begging anyone for a race. He knows how to contact me if he wants to run.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Every car should be dynoed in 1:1 gear. Or it's not direct, except for rear gear of coarse, therefore power/tq will be skewed. I know people do this because of the 2.77 rear & the wheel speed could be up around 200. Depending on wheel size & rev. Huh. This is odd. So the camaro will pull more mph a second with less help from gear & going even faster? Meaning more load/wind resistance. I just cant believe this. That would take more power. Or less weight/better aero etc. Also about this huge gear drop. The biggest gear drop is 1-2. Then 2-3. The gear drops between 3-4 & 4-5 are very close. 3-4 being a .39 & 4-5 being a .42 drop. Not much difference at all between those two. No one complains about the 3-4 shift. Or 1-2, 2-3 for that matter with those huge drops. Then the drop to 1:1, or 6th gear, is .27.

I'm sure you know most of that junk poppa. I know every car is different. Hope you get them runs in!!

Question about my car/ cars general. Looking over my data. The car accelerates the fastest with the most gear. Or gaining more mph a second. As the speed & gears go up that starts to drop. There is no "higher gear that will accelerate better". Of coarse N/A cars. No boost **** stuff lol. That's what I've seen & believe it's right. Now a cheby starts to wind back up in higher gear? Wish he would have stayed in it. Post data please.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I have been trying to run 2 fbo 18 5 0s locally. First one was a shop car that our schedules didnt meet up before he went full Whipple/fore fueling etc . The other is one of the quicker bolton cars in the area. We have spoken and were supposed to run one evening. Was just waiting for the message for the meet spot. Never got the message and havent heard from him since. He must have talked to others about that "Grand Sport" and decided not to run. ��
im struggling to talk myself into a ported 95 mm Tb over my ported stock. I just really dont think I’ll gain anything on my setup. What do you think?

funny we almost flip flopped in opinions now lol. I’m really not convinced the lt1 has the new gt for sure bolt on to bolt on NA. It for sure doesn’t in trap speed. They are close but I’m really not convinced 6g faster

Old 09-17-2018, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Every car should be dynoed in 1:1 gear. Or it's not direct, except for rear gear of coarse, therefore power/tq will be skewed. I know people do this because of the 2.77 rear & the wheel speed could be up around 200. Depending on wheel size & rev. Huh. This is odd. So the camaro will pull more mph a second with less help from gear & going even faster? Meaning more load/wind resistance. I just cant believe this. That would take more power. Or less weight/better aero etc. Also about this huge gear drop. The biggest gear drop is 1-2. Then 2-3. The gear drops between 3-4 & 4-5 are very close. 3-4 being a .39 & 4-5 being a .42 drop. Not much difference at all between those two. No one complains about the 3-4 shift. Or 1-2, 2-3 for that matter with those huge drops. Then the drop to 1:1, or 6th gear, is .27.

I'm sure you know most of that junk poppa. I know every car is different. Hope you get them runs in!!

Question about my car/ cars general. Looking over my data. The car accelerates the fastest with the most gear. Or gaining more mph a second. As the speed & gears go up that starts to drop. There is no "higher gear that will accelerate better". Of coarse N/A cars. No boost **** stuff lol. That's what I've seen & believe it's right. Now a cheby starts to wind back up in higher gear? Wish he would have stayed in it. Post data please.
Well what I am trying to convey is the only gear that loses momentum on the A8s is 5th gear . There is a drop in accelleration which is why they do not trap as well or backhalf as well at the track. For a few second the car is out of its ideal powerband. Once it gets back into the power and shifts to 6th the momentum it lost on 5th shift is gone.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Poppa done a 180!!!!!! WOW. F U PUPPA.

A10 makes the Coyote fast. Things will change in 2019 for sure.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1

im struggling to talk myself into a ported 95 mm Tb over my ported stock. I just really dont think I’ll gain anything on my setup. What do you think?

funny we almost flip flopped in opinions now lol. I’m really not convinced the lt1 has the new gt for sure bolt on to bolt on NA. It for sure doesn’t in trap speed. They are close but I’m really not convinced 6g faster

a ported 95 has shown power gains over ported oem. Pray has dynosheets showing it. Any power gain is worth it. The only reason I am doing the Nick Williams 103 is because I am getting it black powdercoated and it will katch the MSD and be purdy 😀
I d9nt expect a power gain over the ported 95.
Old 09-17-2018, 02:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

How about gears Poppa
Old 09-17-2018, 02:53 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Poppa done a 180!!!!!! WOW. F U PUPPA.

A10 makes the Coyote fast. Things will change in 2019 for sure.
Haha no not a 180. The 18+ 5.0s run VERY good. I would highly consider getting one and throwing a Whipple on it and be done with an easy 8sec car. I love my Vette tho. It has had the best drivers experience of any car I have ever owned. It begs for mountain runs. Its an awesome looking all around great car
Old 09-17-2018, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
How about gears Poppa
They are on the list but at $3300.00 for the 3.42 swap a little pricey. Might do them next spring. Should be an easy 3-4 tenths with the 3.42