Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lucille vs pray tune 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The buster

to be be able to pas a car (reeling in) the car behind has to be going a higher mph. I have done it and if you do it you will see. Run a car that you know will reel you in and test it out. When my buddy in his hellcat and I ran we were both stock I pulled almost a car and he passed me when I was going 110mph and he said he let off at 130 once he was already a car ahead. The roll was 30-130. So if by 110(my cluster mph) he passed me and was already Letting off at 130mph that means he was atleast 5-10mph over me to reel me in. It’s something you learn in school. Math actually.
Again, you are missing the point. When you start at the same point at the same speed the car that gets out is at first accelerating faster and gaining mph faster when traction is not a factor. That car is still accelerating through out the race. If that car is still in front and the other didn't pass it, it hit the mph first. The other car has to make up the deficit of that initial acceleration and then add acceleration back to catch up. So again, it is accelerating faster now but still hasn't covered the mph difference. In the races we saw, the car behind didn't pass the other car by the determined mph. It is spelled out at the bottom of the screen. Drew would have had to of let out at like 115 for your theory to pan out. Now, if car one is moving at a steady speed and isn't accelerating and the other car starts at a different place or time then the rear car has to hit a higher mph to catch it. The problem is that there are no traction issues in these races and the cars are close. If one car was 30mph faster it would have never been behind. The only time the truly faster car is behind in a race is when traction is an issue. That's how two cars at the drag strip can run 11.0 at much different speeds. Traction. The 60ft determines all. In roll racing with traction that is all gone.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:07 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

To be clear.... take a 3 second clip from ANY race. At point A car 1 is 1/2 car behind car 2. If at point B (3 seconds later) car 1 and 2 are even then car 1 is UNDENIABLY going faster than 2. Car 2 covered x amount of feet in that time, car 1 covered that same amount of feet PLUS 1/2 car length.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

But it doesn't really matter. Like I said before. If it takes you to 140-150 to pass another car then good on you. To bad you will lose 99% of your races that way in the real world. I don't know why we keep rehashing this.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
To be clear.... take a 3 second clip from ANY race. At point A car 1 is 1/2 car behind car 2. If at point B (3 seconds later) car 1 and 2 are even then car 1 is UNDENIABLY going faster than 2. Car 2 covered x amount of feet in that time, car 1 covered that same amount of feet PLUS 1/2 car length.
Right on bro. Your example accounts for acceleration over distance. It doesn't account for mph. If at point A car 2 is already at the stop mph then the rest doesnt matter. That's what we saw. Put cameras in both cars next time. Have both cars start and finish at predetermined mph's. Then we will see what's what.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
Teching In

Because this conversation hasn’t reached its terminal speed
Old 09-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Teching In

That’s why I like the track...and Hiollary loves rolls.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mph has to be there in order to pass and reel in a car and pass. How is that hard to understand. For one car to make up a car distance or distance in between cars on a car still accelerating about the same pace as the race started (let say) the car behind starting to reel in the other car has to be accelerating quicker and going a faster mph eventually to be able to make up the difference and pass. I’m gonna prove it watch. Somethings you have to prove to let it be understood.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:45 PM
Teching In

**** your track bullshit. Cash me outside the track puto.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just see it as you are racing to a mph. Not a distance and apparently not to see who is in front at said speed. Using the logic presented, the car behind can let off and say he reached the mph sooner and claim the W. Da ***? Explain that one away. Not trying to be argumentative, I just don't get the logic. I am behind, therefore I win. Cool.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:48 PM
Teching In

Where we going outside the track?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:51 PM
Teching In

No, I agree that the guy behind can’t let off and say he won. It just always seemed like you were saying just because the guy behind is making up ground doesn’t mean he’s going faster.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

The mph has to be there in order to pass and reel in a car and pass. How is that hard to understand. For one car to make up a car distance or distance in between cars on a car still accelerating about the same pace as the race started (let say) the car behind starting to reel in the other car has to be accelerating quicker and going a faster mph eventually to be able to make up the difference and pass. I’m gonna prove it watch. Somethings you have to prove to let it be understood.
I actually understand your logic and agree with what you are saying. The missing link is that you are racing to a mph. The behind car is accelerating faster and gaining mph faster. But with it's start deficit, it won't reach the end mph first if the cars are close. It is simply gaining back the loss mph from the beginning. I absolutely agree it is now accelerating faster. Just like in the beginning the other car was. That's all I am trying to say bro.

Last edited by Pray; 09-19-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, I agree that the guy behind can’t let off and say he won. It just always seemed like you were saying just because the guy behind is making up ground doesn’t mean he’s going faster.
Not at all what I was ever saying. I was just saying he doesn't reach the end mph first. Car in front does if he maintains his acceleration.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

**** your track bullshit. Cash me outside the track puto.
didn't like those high elevens last time you went?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

On paper, Drew is a 125-126 mph car at best in great weather. I would say that Leo is a 130ish car in same conditions. Possibly a hair faster. But for some reason that doesnt show till the camaro is past peak power in 5th. With the A10 and better gearing it should show from front to back. But in this case it doesn't. So down low the Camaro generates more speed in a shorter amount of time and starts to trail off after 130. Leo's car comes back with better gearing and peak power rpm. That's exactly what the vids showed.

What all A10 cars have shown is that they suck in the 1/8 mile and ride on the back half. They spend all their time shifting on the front half but have two gears to spare on the back half. The ZL1 is a prime example but has the blower to pull the back half. The 5.0 has the rpm and axle gearing to pull the back end. It seems both the ZL1 and the 5.0 will almost 30mph back half where even a well sorted 6th gen will 24mph back half at best most of the time. I don't see how the 19 Camaros will have the power to do it. I don't anticipate the 19's to be any faster unless GM sorts some stuff out.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Leo, what is the height or your rear tire, or the average tire height of what the A10 5.0 guys are running? And what is your shift mph? I am trying to do some math. Thanks.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Banned

The car that is getting reeled in, is going slower than the other at that particular time. Just like when a car is pulling away, is going faster at that particular time. Like when you go to pass a car on the highway. If the car youre passing is going 65 mph, you're obviously going to have to go faster to get around it. Like 75 mph.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
The car that is getting reeled in, is going slower than the other at that particular time. Just like when a car is pulling away, is going faster at that particular time. Like when you go to pass a car on the highway. If the car youre passing is going 65 mph, you're obviously going to have to go faster to get around it. Like 75 mph.
Right. That is static speed vs acceleration. Maybe this will make sense. If the car in front is already at 115 and accelerating at a steady pace gaining mph, you are at 100 mph when you start to gain back. If you don't catch that car before he hits the end mph you are not going the same mph as that guy. You have to cover the 15mph deficit first and then start to add mph to be going faster. So the rear car is definitely accelerating faster now shooting for the same end mph. But since he started so much lower, his actual mph is not the same when the guy in front hits it. It seems everyone is confusing speed/mph with acceleration.

Or another way. Two cars run 10.5@130 in the 1/4. Car one goes 6.90@105 and car 2 goes 7.20@102 in the 1/8. Car two obviously has a better acceleration on the back half but they both get there at the same time and mph. But since he was behind at the 1/8 he had to cover the lost mph first. That is all we are seeing here but in a highway roll.

Last edited by Pray; 09-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
On paper, Drew is a 125-126 mph car at best in great weather. I would say that Leo is a 130ish car in same conditions. Possibly a hair faster. But for some reason that doesnt show till the camaro is past peak power in 5th. With the A10 and better gearing it should show from front to back. But in this case it doesn't. So down low the Camaro generates more speed in a shorter amount of time and starts to trail off after 130. Leo's car comes back with better gearing and peak power rpm. That's exactly what the vids showed.

What all A10 cars have shown is that they suck in the 1/8 mile and ride on the back half. They spend all their time shifting on the front half but have two gears to spare on the back half. The ZL1 is a prime example but has the blower to pull the back half. The 5.0 has the rpm and axle gearing to pull the back end. It seems both the ZL1 and the 5.0 will almost 30mph back half where even a well sorted 6th gen will 24mph back half at best most of the time. I don't see how the 19 Camaros will have the power to do it. I don't anticipate the 19's to be any faster unless GM sorts some stuff out.
I was back halfing 26-27 mph last time out in positive da. 99-100 1/8 mile and 126-127 1/4

You really think 125-126 on a 28 tall tire and ported stock manifold? My car was never capable of that. But we never totally sorted the tune either on that setup. It was a 123-124 car at best on that same wheel and tire package and same mods. I suppose 124-125 could happen in ridiculous da or something
Old 09-19-2018, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pray

i disagree with those estimates. But then again I don’t math base MIR standards at -1500 DA. I’m basing myself on what I’m seeing and what I’ve ran.