Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

lucille vs pray tune 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 01:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

No comments from automach? Shouldnt 6g get it’s soul crushed?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 153 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by swapped3vgt
yes the only thing different from my last run is the rear seat delete , i only wish he wouldn't let up in some of the 40 rolls he left off at 125 to 130 in some of those runs
what about the 4 corner race brakes and gutted interior?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by Pray
On paper, yes. Manufacturer specs are wide and misleading. Lay a straight edge across the top of the stock tire and measure to the ground. It is 26.83". The only reason I know that or tested it is because that is the tire height in the ECM/TCM to dictated speedo mph and shift points. It also exactly correlates to the mph in the scanner and calculators. But I am not here to argue. Just what I have found in testing.
I see...no argument here. Was just going off of tire specs
Old 09-10-2018, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by big hammer

what about the 4 corner race brakes and gutted interior?
You are way behind as usual , on previous races it was discussed my baer brake kit and i mentioned my rear seat delete so go and crawl back to where you popped out .
Old 09-10-2018, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RedFuryZ28
Lol 5.br0 said he "hit the limiter bro!". Must not know how to properly shift an automatic....

6gen was bus lengths ahead from the 20 and 50 rolls. I'd imagine a dig would be much worse. That was fun to watch.
turd face appears , 20s and 30s he beats me not by bus length but he did beat me , 35 roll and 40 roll i beat him to 140 but his programmed speedometer commanded him to slam on the brakes at 130 , how conveniently .
Old 09-10-2018, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

Im with king...stock tire is almost a 28" because when buster wanted a DR for his stock wheels he gave me his tire specs so I could match them to a DR...so the argument of the speedo being off isnt really a valid one. Just saying.

Im glad Drew came up, friendly runs like these make both sides better, no different than stock vs stock camaro vs mustang. when both are striving both sides get better, when the camaro production was halted the mustang slacked for 4-5 years and when GM announced the 5th gen Ford turned on its afterburners and got after making the coyote.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
I'll start with that was the strongest bolt on 6gen I've seen on vid. Besides your other ones. Very strong. And also if I had one you would also be tuning mine.

People usually like to run their cars in their strongest spots, or speeds, for best performance. As I do. But not everyones car is the same as mine. Some people are cool & run all different speeds. Some people only run certain speeds. I mean we could just race till 100 & I wont even have to shift to 3rd gear. Or 130 & I only have to pull out 3rd. I'm pretty sure that 180 statement was just for a laugh. That's modded lambo, ferrari, fast car speed. Also just not understanding how a car accelerates faster, at even higher speed, with even less gear/or the next gear. Thought it goes the other way.

Just as you'd like to see 6gen vs 6gen, wish I could get 4gen on 4gen. Even a manual/manual race. Lots of cars are auto out there. No complain just run em.

Yes people want 0-130 cars. Some people want 40-150+ cars. Why some peeps make fun of my car. It runs very lazy at the track & anything under 40mph. I love it.

My last statement. Just a joke. Don't take personally. I have no I idea if either car has 6 cars left. If the mero has 6 cars left, why shouldn't the stang? They are very close on mods. Think it was a great match up.
The 180 comment was just to say that the 6th Gen would be in it's 1:1 gear for that and the 5.0 would be in OD which would put the 6th Gen at a HP and gearing advantage as the 5.0 is up to 150. It would be curious to see if that made a difference past 150mph. Things would probably remain the same but we don't know till we test. I have run the 6th Gen to 186 on the dyno many times so I know that in a controlled environment it would do it. Other companies have gone 200 in the 6th Gen in real world testing on tracks. I would assume the 5.0 would be safe at those speeds as well.

I laid out how the 6th Gen has more in it. I don't really believe in accumulative math but for each mod individually I have proven the gains I listed. My math ended up over 6mph total but I low sided it as an accumulative. How those translate into car lengths exactly is yet to be proven. I will honestly say that I don't have a clue what else can be done to the 5.0 past what is already done to make gains. It already has a very impressive mod list. But I will take the word of the knowledgeable people on here that it can be done.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:48 PM
Teching In

On paper, yes. Manufacturer specs are wide and misleading. Lay a straight edge across the top of the stock tire and measure to the ground. It is 26.83". The only reason I know that or tested it is because that is the tire height in the ECM/TCM to dictated speedo mph and shift points. It also exactly correlates to the mph in the scanner and calculators. But I am not here to argue. Just what I have found in testing.
sounds weird to me that he mentioned the 35 roll was a bad spot for him due to him being up in the rpm band but when i raced the white auto ss he stated a 35 roll was a spot for him due to his car was way to low on the rpm , so i'm a little lost here is it too low or is it too high ?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlkMach1
Im with king...stock tire is almost a 28" because when buster wanted a DR for his stock wheels he gave me his tire specs so I could match them to a DR...so the argument of the speedo being off isnt really a valid one. Just saying.

Im glad Drew came up, friendly runs like these make both sides better, no different than stock vs stock camaro vs mustang. when both are striving both sides get better, when the camaro production was halted the mustang slacked for 4-5 years and when GM announced the 5th gen Ford turned on its afterburners and got after making the coyote.
Just go lay a straight edge across the tire and measure. That is all I am saying. Since I have to precisely dial in these cars shift points within 50rpm and they are dictated by mph what I am saying is true.

Regardless if the speedo is off or not, who ever is in front hits the end mph first. Plain and simple. The front car will always hit the predetermined finish mph first and check up unless they just want to keep going for what ever reason.

I couldn't agree with you more that competition breeds success. If there wasn't a faster car to go after no one would mod. My apologies if I hurt anyone's feelings. From my perspective, all I have done is state facts about the car that I know. Nothing more and nothing less. The vids and races played out as they did. I gave my analysis. It is awesome that these guys are out there in the streets getting down. That is how we learn and make adjustment. So kudos to both players in this case. We are all better for them. Now it seems that both cars will be doing more modding and testing. So it is a win, win for all of us that track this kind of stuff.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

The 180 comment was just to say that the 6th Gen would be in it's 1:1 gear for that and the 5.0 would be in OD which would put the 6th Gen at a HP and gearing advantage as the 5.0 is up to 150. It would be curious to see if that made a difference past 150mph. Things would probably remain the same but we don't know till we test. I have run the 6th Gen to 186 on the dyno many times so I know that in a controlled environment it would do it. Other companies have gone 200 in the 6th Gen in real world testing on tracks. I would assume the 5.0 would be safe at those speeds as well.

I laid out how the 6th Gen has more in it. I don't really believe in accumulative math but for each mod individually I have proven the gains I listed. My math ended up over 6mph total but I low sided it as an accumulative. How those translate into car lengths exactly is yet to be proven. I will honestly say that I don't have a clue what else can be done to the 5.0 past what is already done to make gains. It already has a very impressive mod list. But I will take the word of the knowledgeable people on here that it can be done.
I got you. Yea 180-200 a little too much for me. 160-165 is about top of 4th for me. One question. So about power to wheels/dyno. So an under driven gear will actually put less power to the wheel. Will an over drive put more power down?

Old 09-10-2018, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds weird to me that he mentioned the 35 roll was a bad spot for him due to him being up in the rpm band but when i raced the white auto ss he stated a 35 roll was a spot for him due to his car was way to low on the rpm , so i'm a little lost here is it too low or is it too high ?
I will have to do the math on that one. But 35 is high for 1st and low for 2nd. In your original races he wasn't running the full manual mode tune. So he was having to bump the shifter over out of first to hit second which is inaccurate at best. I can't say if he hit the limiter or not in 1st from the 35 roll. But as you know, if you hit the limiter then it is game over. Also, with the 6th Gen, if you over rev 1st even 100rpm it is detrimental to the cars performance. It has to shift before and no later than 6,500 to continue to run. These cars are so evenly matched that every shift is critical. We saw that in the runs where you said that you hit the limiter or messed up the shift with the paddles.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got you. Yea 180-200 a little too much for me. 160-165 is about top of 4th for me. One question. So about power to wheels/dyno. So an under driven gear will actually put less power to the wheel. Will an over drive put more power down?
Usually past the 1:1 gear the power doesn't change much from what I have been told. I haven't been able to do a ton of testing with it though due to the allowable mph of the dyno. I tied it a long time ago with deeply geared Vetts with M6's but I honestly don't remember the results. Dynos are all about how the drum accelerates over time and rpm sweep. But the car will be in a lower numerical gear in OD and depending on the transmission gear split I would say running a car on the street in OD would probably hurt. As mentioned above, it would have to be played out in the real world to see what happens.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:11 PM
11 Second Club

I also don't believe who ever is in front hits x mph first. When the camero is pulling it is going faster. The stang stops the pull at certain point. Both going same speed. Then stang pulling back on mero means stang is going faster. Is this off?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

35 mph in 1st in the 6th Gen is 5,500rpm using a 27.5" tall tire. So as stated earlier that is almost past peak power for the LT1 motor. Plus that last 1K rpm happens so fast that there is no way bumping the shifter over is going to set the shift before the limiter.

35 mph in 2nd gear in a 6th Gen is 3,550rpm using a 27.5" tall tire. No one is going to start a race at that low of an rpm.

Racing is just mechanical calculations and physics. No magic.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Banned

turd face appears , 20s and 30s he beats me not by bus length but he did beat me , 35 roll and 40 roll i beat him to 140 but his programmed speedometer commanded him to slam on the brakes at 130 , how conveniently .
This was a 20 roll....buses bro.

Here's a 40 roll where 6gen was still ahead at 140+mph.

Here's a 30 roll where the 6gen was buses ahead at 140+.

Here's a 50 roll where the 6gen was still ahead at 150+ mph.

You lost the moon races, bro.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Usually past the 1:1 gear the power doesn't change much from what I have been told. I haven't been able to do a ton of testing with it though due to the allowable mph of the dyno. I tied it a long time ago with deeply geared Vetts with M6's but I honestly don't remember the results. Dynos are all about how the drum accelerates over time and rpm sweep. But the car will be in a lower numerical gear in OD and depending on the transmission gear split I would say running a car on the street in OD would probably hurt. As mentioned above, it would have to be played out in the real world to see what happens.
Right on. Also some more math. The first OD in the stang is .85:1. With the 3.55 rear gear it's still over 3.0 on tq multiply. The mero with the 2.77 at 1:1 is 2.77. Like said these are two completely different cars. Battle of the pony cars.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:25 PM
11 Second Club

Look at redfaggot posting pics. Lol.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:27 PM
10 Second Club

You are way behind as usual , on previous races it was discussed my baer brake kit and i mentioned my rear seat delete so go and crawl back to where you popped out .
so four corner race brakes too and only one seat in the car?
Old 09-10-2018, 02:28 PM
10 Second Club

Coyotards gonna coyotard
Old 09-10-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

Look at redfaggot posting pics. Lol.
Look at TinyDickRick making a pass at me lololol