Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

TA pisses off Silverado Driver

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 02:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Default TA pisses off Silverado Driver

Holy mother of God there are some crazy people out there. I simply hammered it at a red light so as to get in front of a Silverado (2018 -19?) and he went road rage. He couldn't catch me and so he tried to ram me as we were getting on the highway. I've been overtaken like that before and thought .."well darn ... or hmmm they're doing something under that hood .....etc."
This dude was yelling at the top of his lungs and once on the high way I locked it down and he took off.

Wow!
Old 10-03-2018, 02:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

I've been on the receiving end of crazy, and I've been the crazy one. I have noticed people are a **** ton more aggressive towards me since I got a bright red sixth gen. I've had the dang thing for 500 miles and I've nearly been hit three times now. ****, I'm just trying to see if the new Panda Express is open yet, doesn't mean that you need to whip around me and nearly take my front end off.

My biggest WTF moment came a few years back when I had my 05 GTO. It was night, a guy was going slow, so I passed him. It wasn't even a super aggressive pass, just a drop into 4th gear and go around him. He proceeded to turn his high beams on and tailgate me, I still have no earthly idea what I did to **** him off, maybe he was just an *******.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't get the whole "lets turn into raging ********" when someone else wants to be or get ahead at the stop light, etc. This happens all the time, like constantly, I just think the other person simply wants to go in the same direction faster. What's the big f'n deal with that? When someone wants to pass me on the highway, I purposely get slightly over to the right of my lane to help indicate to them they're good to pass. I'm rarely ever in a hurry though, so that probably helps.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Teching In

Received 115 Likes on 87 Posts

good kill, would read again.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

If I'm in the red fifth gen ppl will do anything to stay in front of me. In my red Silverado ppl will try and blow there **** up to not let me pass either but in my silver s10 ppl let me go around all the time and give me thumps up for the way it sounds and runs it's something about red ppl assume your an ******* and want to punk you
Old 10-03-2018, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,432 Likes on 992 Posts

Good kill, you helped educate another idiot. A++

There are a lot of nice, courteous, polite folks who drive trucks (all different brands) and my following comments aren't directed at any of those people.

There is also another kind of truck owner who is the product of a long line of inbred sister-wives, uncle daddy's and aunty-mommy's....I think you encountered one of them.

It's perfectly understandable why that new Silverado driver was upset. He's stuck with that truck for a long long long time and already on the ignore list. It will never be half as cool as your TA. When it's 20 years old it will just be an old truck. Plus he probably paid window sticker $48,000 plus tax, tag & title for and financed for next 7 years and is making $845 a month payments. Insurance & gas probably add another $300 a month. Think of it this way that guy is anted up like $1,145 a month for the next 84 months and you blew by him like he was just another slow *** & *** ugly Prius Prime that's not worth a second look instead of showing reverence to his shiny new truck

Where I live we have a lot of idiots like this who take big loans to buy a big 4x4 truck to drive 4 miles to work. Often they are parked at a 40 year old single wide trailer that's not even under penned. A man has to have his priorities right. Sometimes it nearly bankrupts them and times it does bankrupt them. When you considered all the factors it's easy to see often they have a fragile mental state, limited self control & impaired reasoning ability.

When you consider how much self-inflicted stress they are driving around in it wasy to understand why the numb-nuts get road rage at the drop of a hat

BTW - had the same thing happen to me in my 72 vette on time because I left the stop light quicker than the moron in the dualie diesel Dodge did. At the next light he rolled down the window and went off screaming and cussing. When the light went green I have him something to get upset about and launched He tried to chase and got a demonstration of slow and cumbersome his 6500 pound truck was compared to a 3200 pound car.

Then I realized how how much scratch his shiny new ram cost. In a few years his ram will be a crappy looking rust bucket ( just like the rest of them around here) and he won't even have the thing paid for yet. At that point I felt sorry for him and drove on in my 45 year old rust free classic

Last edited by 99 Black Bird T/A; 10-03-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Very good points that I never thought about. I always do that move at that particular light. He was nudged up over the line, and my nose was right on the light. I know when to hammer it just at the end of the red and I launched very fast ... I heard his wheels spinning. I went left and all of the sudden he was at my right and going to aggressively cut over and in front of me ... which he did as I backed off. We 're lucky that we didn't wreck once out on the highway because when I slammed my brakes on I really didn't know what else was going on around me other than that NUT. Well seeing that my TA has been paid off for 10 years, still looks and runs great with 334,000 miles ...... I certainly have no issues about what I'm driving.

Last edited by TA_Freak; 10-03-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Grammatically anal.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I was in my wife's old 97 honda accord. I was in the wrong lane and couldn't get over, lots of cars and on one will let you in. There was a dodge charger beside me in the lane I needed to be in. So when the light turned green I matted it(just to get over in the next lane) This dumb **** thought I was racing him so he gunned it, granted my honda took him from the line but I couldn't get over, I just slammed on the brakes and let him fly by. All I wanted was to get into the correct lane, what a dumb ****.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm actually a very courteous driver. I'll let people in ....etc. I also don't know what that guys day was like. I do think about those kinds of things. But he way crossed the line. He could use some anger management therapy or something. I feel sorry for his wife .... if he's married.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

Try driving a commercial truck that people assume is slow as a turtle and the light turns green and they suddenly figure out they can't jump in front of you and their lane is ending lol. Happens all the time to me and it pisses them off. I've literally had people run into barricades because they expected me to let them in and they try to push the issue, They really think their 4,000lb car is going to bully a 40,000lb truck or something. Hell I even had a guy come flying up beside me while I'm in the right lane and stay their even though the left lane (that they are in) ends. The guy ends up driving on the grass median until he gets past me, I pull up next to him at the next intersection and he rolls down the window and says " ******* idiot...Can't you read....The sign said left lane ends" I said I was in the right lane and his reply "No I was in the right lane! Scary lol
Old 10-03-2018, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

In other news, My S10 surprises people all the time. They don't expect a little truck to have more power than their Camaro/Vette/Mustang/Honda with a fart can muffler. I drive all day so I don't get upset easily, I'm used to all the stupid **** people do.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They have power and control issues. They'll drive slow as **** but god forbid you want to pass them and now all of a sudden they're doing 20 over - it's because they're losing control of the situation and they can't handle it. Tiny little brains.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Take a deep breath and move on. Get a CC permit for the real wackos. If they endanger your life take action. If not wave and smile at them.

Last edited by Mike Morris; 10-04-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
If not wave and smile at them.
That's my favorite thing to do, It pisses them off more than if you flip them off.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Take a deep breath and move on. Get a CC permit for the real wackos. If they endanger your life take action. If not wave and smile at them.
You hit the nail on the head .. .breath and move on. Also .. if he were to have hit me, we would have had to get out of our vehicles. Without a CC, things could have gotten ugly quick. But you're right - I need to move on ...because I'm almost feeling jaded.