Lt1 vs. Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TA TED
DITTO.

Boxters should only come in Hot Pink.

Enis, didn't you see the MT article posted above? They got a 13.7@102mph. Where the hell are you getting mid-14's R&T? LOl, they drive LS1's at mid-13's. Hey, I just know what I know and I beat a LS1 TA ragtop. You know why? Because I have a 800lb or so advantage on his ***. My car is speced out pretty light because I don't have the fluffy luxary stuff on it. It's 2900lbs and change. I was mostly talking about the LT1's being slow stock. The Ls1's are decent, but could be alot better if they cut off some of it's fat ***. I just walked a 305hp 98 cobra the other night as well. I had 5 lenghs on his *** from a 0-90 run. You don't even wan't to know how bad it was from a 45-125mph roll. You should have sen the look on his face after he just got beat by my a "girly porsche." I've only been beaten once by some dude with a GT+mods+nitrous. Never been beat by an F-bod! I don't know what it is but my car is seems abnormally quick for a boxster. Maybe it's my great driving LOL.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

say isn't your name what i got?
Originally Posted by Porsche_Daddy
Enis, didn't you see the MT article posted above? They got a 13.7@102mph. Where the hell are you getting mid-14's R&T? LOl, they drive LS1's at mid-13's. Hey, I just know what I know and I beat a LS1 TA ragtop. You know why? Because I have a 800lb or so advantage on his ***. My car is speced out pretty light because I don't have the fluffy luxary stuff on it. It's 2900lbs and change. I was mostly talking about the LT1's being slow stock. The Ls1's are decent, but could be alot better if they cut off some of it's fat ***. I just walked a 305hp 98 cobra the other night as well. I had 5 lenghs on his *** from a 0-90 run. You don't even wan't to know how bad it was from a 45-125mph roll. You should have sen the look on his face after he just got beat by my a "girly porsche." I've only been beaten once by some dude with a GT+mods+nitrous. Never been beat by an F-bod! I don't know what it is but my car is seems abnormally quick for a boxster. Maybe it's my great driving LOL.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Thats funny, I had a friend with a S2000 that smoked Porsche Boxsters and yes the Boxster S's all day long, My LT1 96 WS6 I had would smoke him, even after he modded it out with boltons, I dont think the TA/Camaro was racing (lt1 or ls1)
Old 07-27-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, I didn't see the magazine article. You know why? Because I'm not a ****** ***** magazine reader. I go to the track and observe what cars run. With a 1.9-2.0 60's an LS1 is in easy low 13s. There is absolutely no way, period, that a car with 220 rwhp will trap 102mph. Keep reading your magazines if you want. Have you ever even been to a track? Have you ever taken part in a drag race? Seems like you're another rich old man who has no idea how the scene really is, and thinks his car is fast just because of the nameplate. Sorry, you're not cool, try again.

Like I said man, I have no idea where you live but PM me and we'll meet at Englishtown in Old Bridge, NJ. Then we'll see what you run. I'm willing to throw some money down, as well. What do you say?

PS- Just so you know (since you're a ******* HUGE newbie), it's like a cardinal rule here that you never argue with magazine times. Car magazines are generally sponsor-******, and will favor one shitty car over another good one because they've been paid off by the manufacturer. You might wanna shy away from the magazine arguing and go out to a real race track and watch real cars drag race... What you're doing is like watching a World War 2 movie and then arguing with a WWII Veteran about how the war really was. Don't be a ******* idiot.

Last edited by enisguy; 07-27-2004 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by enisguy
No, I didn't see the magazine article. You know why? Because I'm not a ****** ***** magazine reader. I go to the track and observe what cars run. With a 1.9-2.0 60's an LS1 is in easy low 13s. There is absolutely no way, period, that a car with 220 rwhp will trap 102mph. Keep reading your magazines if you want. Have you ever even been to a track? Have you ever taken part in a drag race? Seems like you're another rich old man who has no idea how the scene really is, and thinks his car is fast just because of the nameplate. Sorry, you're not cool, try again.

Like I said man, I have no idea where you live but PM me and we'll meet at Englishtown in Old Bridge, NJ. Then we'll see what you run. I'm willing to throw some money down, as well. What do you say?

PS- Just so you know (since you're a ******* HUGE newbie), it's like a cardinal rule here that you never argue with magazine times. Car magazines are generally sponsor-******, and will favor one shitty car over another good one because they've been paid off by the manufacturer. You might wanna shy away from the magazine arguing and go out to a real race track and watch real cars drag race... What you're doing is like watching a World War 2 movie and then arguing with a WWII Veteran about how the war really was. Don't be a ******* idiot.
Porsche daddy just got OWNED
Old 07-27-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

good kill. Boxer's are no match for the lt1, my buddy beats em in his 1998 seville sts all the time and its funny watching their faces after they got pulled on by a 300hp cadillac that weighs 4000lbs
Old 07-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Banned

Default Enis, easy on the Flamage buddy, you don't even know me.

I'm not some rich old dude Ennie, I'm a 24yr old guy who just happens to be lucky enough to own a very fine automobile. Do I drag race? Well DUH, can you not read? I just said I owned a cobra(it was beautiful, I wish I had video) and I edged out a heavy 3,800lbish TA(and yes they were both racing because I know the guy with the Cobra and he gave me serious props and the guy in the TA with the HUGE mullet had a very pissed look on his face after I schooled him and showed him what German cars are all about).. You are the one that needs to pull the head or maybe it's dick out of the old ****. Why would I pay to go own rustangs and f-bods at a track when I can do it for free at the nearest stoplight? Oh, and yeah, I guess M/T just made up the box S times? More than once I might add. They made up 102mph? Believe it buddy. Get over it. You need a reality check. F-bods are decent cars for the $$$, but come-on they are not GOD's gift or anything. They are decent in a line, but they get owned constantly in the twisties(and don't say you can mod them and make them decent, I can make a station wagon handle like it's on rails with some $$$). I have not raced a s2k yet, but if I can beat a cobra I really don't think the S2k has much of a chance. Plus, being the lil bench racer I am the mags back that up as well.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by enisguy
You're a ******* idiot, man.

1. An '03 Boxster S is a mid-14 second car. Sorry to shatter your dreams. 220 rwhp and 3100 lbs does not equal 13s, sorry.
2. How the are LS1s "not that fast stock" if they're faster (low 13s) than you CLAIM your car is (mid 13s)?
3. Why don't you take a trip to Jersey so I can school your *** at E-town on camera/for money for everybody to see?
damnit, i missed the rest of the thread..nevermind I saw you already addressed that.. I agree the Boxster S is a dead heat for a tired lt1 car (face it if it isnt modded/upkept.. lt1s are getting pretty old)
Boxster vs LS1 car...FORGET IT..no contest.

didn't want to come off as too retarded

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 07-27-2004 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm not some rich old dude Ennie, I'm a 24yr old guy who just happens to be lucky enough to own a very fine automobile. Do I drag race? Well DUH, can you not read? I just said I owned a cobra(it was beautiful, I wish I had video) and I edged out a heavy 3,800lbish TA(and yes they were both racing because I know the guy with the Cobra and he gave me serious props and the guy in the TA with the HUGE mullet had a very pissed look on his face after I schooled him and showed him what German cars are all about).. You are the one that needs to pull the head or maybe it's dick out of the old ****. Why would I pay to go own rustangs and f-bods at a track when I can do it for free at the nearest stoplight? Oh, and yeah, I guess M/T just made up the box S times? More than once I might add. They made up 102mph? Believe it buddy. Get over it. You need a reality check. F-bods are decent cars for the $$$, but come-on they are not GOD's gift or anything. They are decent in a line, but they get owned constantly in the twisties(and don't say you can mod them and make them decent, I can make a station wagon handle like it's on rails with some $$$). I have not raced a s2k yet, but if I can beat a cobra I really don't think the S2k has much of a chance. Plus, being the lil bench racer I am the mags back that up as well.

Mullet boy didnt know how to drive, TA/SS/Z28 can trap well over 102mph STOCK!!! With a great driver they have even seen High 12's. Oh yea a S2K would OWN your Krautwagon. Seen a stock S2k put a buslenght on a Boxster, and if you look in your mags you will see the little jap crap owned the "S" model on the track to, for less money!!
Old 07-27-2004, 04:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Hmm... I have never seen a time like that for a Boxster S... I guess I stand corrected? Though, don't some of the magazines used G-techs and **** like that?

Oh and, porsche daddy... German cars rock, no doubt about it. The thing is, your car is no competition in a straight line for an Fbody(8 cylinder of course), stock vs stock... modded vs modded... assuming drivers are equal. WHO GIVES A **** THAT YOUR CAR IS GOOD ON THE TWISTIES... NO ONE SAID THEY WEREN'T... thats a ******* ricer excuse.

Jon, I guess its time to break out your old sig picture
Old 07-27-2004, 04:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Oh yea 01 Cobra's and older were S.L.O.W. thats why Ford went back to the drawing board and came out with the Beast they have today.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

that was me.. Ravenous T/A / Darren was in my '01 s2000 back when i ran a boxster S on the tollway.. i put somethin to the tune of 5 lengths on the boxster..

w/ a good driver.. it should be close.. both high 13 cars.. but i never lost to a boxster

if you wanna head down to dallas i'd run your boxster.. i'll give you 5 car length head start and the move.

if you want get on S2ki.com and call out one of their s2k's.. unless you wanna see how you do against a pretty much stock ls1 z28.. be gone troll
Old 07-27-2004, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

Buying a boxter and saying you're a porsche owner is like buying a trailer and saying you own a house.

It's the po' man's porsche.
Old 07-27-2004, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

I knew you'd back down. Street racing is nothing but a way to make money IMO, take your car to the track or you are NOT a true racer, in my book. Do you even know what a trap speed is? Do you even know what it's significance is?

Originally Posted by apathy
Buying a boxter and saying you're a porsche owner is like buying a trailer and saying you own a house.

It's the po' man's porsche.
He's 100% correct. Your German car is a piece of **** compared to what real German cars can do. Don't flatter yourself. That's like me buying a ******* Pinto or Chevette and screaming "AMERICAN MUSCLE" every chance I get. The Boxster is simply for bitches and to help Porsche sell cars- their real cars are the Carreras and the GTs. Get over yourself, sell your bitch car, and buy a real machine that puts out over 250 horses to the ground.

You still have a lot to learn about the scene, newbie. 90% of LS1tech would smoke your *** with a car that costs less than half of what yours does. I bet that makes you feel good, huh.

And oh yeah, one more thing- I get laid more than you, and I don't need a Porsche to do it.

Last edited by enisguy; 07-27-2004 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Old 07-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...hlight=boxster
Old 07-27-2004, 07:32 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

you sir are full of it. in my daily driver i pick on boxters they are slow and will not take a ls1
Old 07-27-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Let me also add that when you can get a car that runs low 13s for 10 grand, yes, that absolutely it God's gift to the Earth. Never before could you spend 10 grand and get a 350 horsepower car that runs low 13s bone stock, with no more than 50k on the clock.

That's a much better deal than 50 grand for an underpowered bitch-car that runs mid 14s.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Well...damnit. Someone got a b!%^ing. Never knew a little kill story would turn out so interresting. Oh i don't think i said boxster S? And i know the Lt1 isn't an LS1 but i still love it.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UNIT000
Notchayesfss, quit telling everyone I'm a gay *** Ftard!! come on, me!!
WHAH!!

Quick Reply: Lt1 vs. Boxster