Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Lt1 vs. Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004 | 02:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Stay, I like bashing him
Old 07-29-2004 | 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Let him stay. He is due for another good kill story. Maybe he will walk on a Zo6 through the twisties next.
Old 07-29-2004 | 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

I would Ban his entire IP range... Of course thats just me.
Old 07-29-2004 | 04:30 PM
Teching In

Ok as I said earlier my 17 yr old gf has an 03 boxster. I have driven it myself, and I have raced her when she is driving it. It is no where close to my 00 SS, and all it has is exhaust, lid, filter, and ftra. My gf floors her car all the time, yet when she is in my car and I floor it she will grab my arm because it throws her back in the seat. Face it your just trying to make people think you are rich by driving a Porsche. Th thing is lots of people who go to college by 24 could afford your car, but don't want it. My gf always says she loves her car because it is cute. So pretty much your a guy driving a cute car. Good luck with that. Personally if I was not 18 and did not already have 2 cars, I would have bought an M3 way before a Boxster S. They are pretty much the same price, and the word cute car is not heard often with M3. Then when you said your car could hang with an LS1 it would not be a huge stretch.
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

I'll bet this guy can pull on fbodies but probably loses close to all the Corvettes.....you know...because a Corvette is obviously a more expensive car.

Porche Daddy....my car weighed in at exactly 3500 lbs on the scale at the track. My automatic put down 306 rwhp and 310 rwtq on the dyno. Automatics dyno lower than manuals because the tranny eats up a little of the power. All that I have is Headers and a lid. I still have the stock exhaust even!!

Your Boxster S would probably dyno in the 215 rwhp range. Now....do the math....2900 lbs divided by 215. Okay...now......3500 lbs divided by 306. Hmm...wait a second.......that darn LS1 has a better power to weight ratio. I'll be darned.

Also P Diddy......I don't mind that you hang around here as I hope you learn a little more about fbodies and cars in general. The guys in this area of the forum really know their stuff.

When it comes down to it....you bought your Porche for a number of different reasons which I am not privy to. I'm guessing status is one of the reasons. Most of us here bought our cars because they come with a Corvette engine and with relatively few mods can run 11's all day long.
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by enisguy
I didn't even know they had stroker kits for Porsches... whatever you do to it is probably gonna cost an ******* load of money, since it's a Porsche and all...
Hmm... I dont know, but I am only gonna do this if i have a ****-ton of cash to throw around one day, and my own shop to do it in... I don't care if there isn't a stroker kit... I'll design one.
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MillaTK
Hmm... I dont know, but I am only gonna do this if i have a ****-ton of cash to throw around one day, and my own shop to do it in... I don't care if there isn't a stroker kit... I'll design one.
Better get some schoolin for it..
Old 07-29-2004 | 05:39 PM
Banned

Ahh, I see you found one of my old posts from racing flix. Yeah, they dogged my there when I was new because they thought I didn't own my car. Then I showed the proof and everyone was happy. They believe my kill stories there, why can't you guys? Well, anyway, I know I won and that's all that matters. I have lost btw, only once to a stang Gt with mods and the nawz or ummm I mean nos.. Anyway I'm game for any challengers that wan't to waste their gas to come "own" me. Can, I do my mods first though? (JK). I even made a believer out of spooke at RF. He is the resident LT1 owner. 94 camaro I believe.
Old 07-29-2004 | 06:05 PM
Launching!

^^^^^
Old 07-29-2004 | 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by enisguy
Better get some schoolin for it..
Well, my major is mechanical engineering... I am going to grad school(hopefully) for automotive engineering... maybe I will learn a thing or two there... along with working on my own car and whatnot along the way. Who knows, I may end up going to a technical school, like Wyotech after college as well. Not exactly sure yet, but yes, I plan on getting schooling for it.
Old 07-30-2004 | 06:10 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Porsche_Daddy
Ahh, I see you found one of my old posts from racing flix. Yeah, they dogged my there when I was new because they thought I didn't own my car. Then I showed the proof and everyone was happy. They believe my kill stories there, why can't you guys? Well, anyway, I know I won and that's all that matters. I have lost btw, only once to a stang Gt with mods and the nawz or ummm I mean nos.. Anyway I'm game for any challengers that wan't to waste their gas to come "own" me. Can, I do my mods first though? (JK). I even made a believer out of spooke at RF. He is the resident LT1 owner. 94 camaro I believe.
Why is it you avoid my post? I have given fact after fact about our cars, yet you tend to avoid the truth. YOU ARE A LIAR!!!
Old 07-30-2004 | 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

hey porsche mommy! i wanna ask you one question and please answer it for me. if two unnamed cars have these power to weight ratios, which one is faster?

13.488-car#1 11.438-car#2
Old 07-30-2004 | 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member
10 Year Member20 Year Member

This has gone long enough... time for you kids to stop bullshitting around...

got way off topic, make a new thread if you want to call him out, but keep it on topic

Quick Reply: Lt1 vs. Boxster