Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 08:34 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chubz
You could call my car a flamingo penthouse on wheels and that doesn't change what my vehicle is called. This is a debate thats has been beatin many times over at the Srtforums. The easiest way to battle this is with proof. Go to Dodge.com and find the S.R.T.4 find the name NEON. I will give you free rain to meddle about in my car...look for Neon. Read my manual, no where does it say Neon. I would be an idiot if I would try and say that this car was not based off of the Neon, but thats where the similarity ends.
True true. I personally have no issues with the car at all. I think it's pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to finally getting to race one. I was a big fan of the DSMs (I was looking for a GSX or TSI AWD when I found my Mustang GT), and I think It's cool that america finally has a car to compete with the evo and sti (as much as I still dig ford, the focus SVT was no competition).

I have a problem with stupid people in general, no matter what they drive. There are some impressive retards driving Fbodies, anybody who's hung around this forum for awhile can see that... however seeing as how I admit that, I submit that there seem to be a higher-than-normal percentage of idiots driving S R T 4s. perhaps not as many as the civic/integra camp, but still a suprisingly high ammount.

Plus I havn't done much to prove that I am worthy of the STF badge in my sig and felt like throwing a bit of ****... in my own fashion.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Skarecrow
I submit that there seem to be a higher-than-normal percentage of idiots driving S R T 4s. perhaps not as many as the civic/integra camp, but still a suprisingly high ammount.
I can't really speak for all S.RT.4 owners but everyone I have met has been very cool and a true car enthusiest. Most of the Ethug supposed S.R.T.4 don't even own one. They are "Getting one soon". Those are the people that need to be horse whipped. Often times they are the ones magazine racing and spouting off bad information.

I have yet to turn anyone down for information about my car if they ask. I always take time to talk with other people about cars (specifically mine ). As you see more around you will hopefully notice the cool peeps more than the **** heads.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF?!?!I dont know what the hell is going on now, but I added a couple posts at the neonneonneon sight before i left earlier tonight, and now it's telling me tath I dont even have access to view the forums!!! Maybe they dont like the fact that i told myfault he didn't know what he was talking about when the said an LS1 would need a cam, heads, and stall to beat a stock s/c Cobra? Or that a bolt on LS1 could easily run high 11's/low 12's and a cam only could go 10's/low 11's??? Beats me but i thought they were so proud of not banning anybody and I was only offering honest to goodness facts. WTF?

Last edited by blkZ28spt; 07-27-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
WTF?!?!I dont know what the hell is going on now, but I added a couple posts at the neon sight before i left earlier tonight, and now it's telling me tath I dont even have access to view the forums!!! Maybe they dont like the fact that i told myfault he didn't know what he was talking about when the said an LS1 would need a cam, heads, and stall to beat a stock s/c Cobra? Or that a bolt on LS1 could easily run high 11's/low 12's and a cam only could go 10's/low 11's??? Beats me but i thought they were so proud of not banning anybody and I was only offering honest to goodness facts. WTF?
dont even bother....its not worth getting worked up over. i guess ill have to continue on without any backup... thanx though...
Old 07-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DeepBlueZ
dont even bother....its not worth getting worked up over. i guess ill have to continue on without any backup... thanx though...
FYI User myfault is an instigator. He is basically the War stories guru because he loves to talk trash. I have never seen his cars or a Dyno sheet so he could be full of sheet for all I know.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:07 PM
11 Second Club

FYI User myfault is an instigator. He is basically the War stories guru because he loves to talk trash. I have never seen his cars or a Dyno sheet so he could be full of sheet for all I know.
I wondered about him.........he posts all over the damn place but i never did see any hard evidence and i think it was him that said you don't need to post any info or pics like that because only trolls and noobs who don't know anything would question him or some BS like that. I thought he knew his stuff, until he said an LS1 needed heads/cam/stall to take a stock 03/04 Cobra
Old 07-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Just checking in! It has been a week or so since I have been here.

HEHE I just noticed my sig!! LOL I own a NEON X's 3.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:14 AM
Ls1tech Bad Ass

lol i definitely dont wanna jump in on this, but does someone want to explain to me the whole NeonNeonNeon thing? like....why an S R T is Neon x3? is there a thread this originated from? TIA
Old 07-28-2004, 02:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSTAR
lol i definitely dont wanna jump in on this, but does someone want to explain to me the whole NeonNeonNeon thing? like....why an S R T is Neon x3? is there a thread this originated from? TIA
A lot of the guys with a NeonNeonNeon NeonNeonNeon-4 try to tell us that they don't drive a NeonNeonNeon. They claim that the NeonNeonNeon-4 is not a trim level of a NeonNeonNeon (such as a Z28, SS, T/A, WS6, GT, Cobra, etc etc) but that the NeonNeonNeon-4 is it's own stand alone car it just happens to be build on a NeonNeonNeon chassis One tried to say the WS6 is just a hood and suspension away from a regular Firebird

NeonNeonNeon-4

This is hilariously awsome! NeonNeonNeon-4
Old 07-28-2004, 02:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SSTAR
It's a little trick from Nineball to let the S RT-4 owners know what kind of car they own...
Old 07-28-2004, 03:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Sorry for my part in this guys, to thier defense however, they did not fall for the prank I tried to pull on them earlier though
Old 07-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So it seems like we have only two S.R.T-4 owners left. The idiots are gone. The cool ones remain.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:13 AM
STF Veteran

Wow, I missed all this **** as I was a little busy last night. I'll say this though, I'd rather have jerked off with 100 grit sandpaper then read all this bs neon crap. Hopefully the cool ones will hang around and contribute like unit said, and the little colon pollups will attach themselves back to war stories.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:17 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Chubz, how did you miss this link I posted? I found this window sticker on Dodge.com:

https://ls1tech.com/neonsrt4.gif

Its right there in black & white, "NEON".
Old 07-28-2004, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by unit213
So it seems like we have only two S.R.T-4 owners left. The idiots are gone. The cool ones remain.

I drive a NEON X's 3.

I also drive a "high performance" Galant.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Talking

If the POS-4 isnt 85% or better neon parts, tell me why would they base it on a neon of all things. Think about it. The neon is the equivalent of a Chev cavalier. The POS-4 is basically a Cav Z24. Granted its much faster....Its still a econocar with a more powerful engine.

Last edited by cantdrv65; 07-28-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

I think a few people would argue with you there. Ignorance is no reason to accept what someone calls your car. The Trans Am and Firebird are almost the same but they are not the same hense the different names and subtle differences. Body, specs, interior, price.
My point was that the rest of your buddies kept telling me that I was being close minded for considering it a neon, and not respecting it in spite of it being a neon.

And at the same time, it's all your buddies that are denying that it is a neon.

If you really respect it, respect it for what it is. You'll notice no Cobra owners are denying that they drive a mustang. No SS owners are denying they drive a Camaro. You guys are the one with the problem, not moi.

The NeonNeonNeon' should not be compared with an LS1
Wow, the exact same thing I said yesterday which started the whole mess.

As much as I hate stereotypes, I really think a lot of the NeonNeonNeon owners have a huge chip on their shoulder. They just seem like a bunch of clowns.

I did a quick search and...

yo Shelton those richland hills police that pulled us over never seen a car pull of on them like that :thumbsup: you see the look on the cops face :wah?!: i laughed all the way back to houston that police officer said " man we were right behind ya and damn the car disappeared out of sight". shelton that was some funny **** i will be going to the track will let you know how fast she runs.
That's from the 500hp NeonNeonNeon owner. Wow.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
If the POS-4 isnt 85% or better neon parts, tell me why would they base it on a neon of all things. Think about it. The neon is the equivalent of a Chev cavalier. The POS-4 is basically a Cav Z24. Granted its much faster....Its still a econocar with a more powerful engine.
Ahh..see when the new Cobalt SS comes out im going to be taking a serious look at it. I want something for a dialy driver..and a lil *cavalier replacement* with a lil bit of power behind it will be a vehicle to fit what I want. Something to drive when I dont want to take the Z out (snow, highway travel, etc etc). Many of us here probably feel the same way. Pretty lame argument if you think about it.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Launching!

NeonNeonNeon-4 Sorry I just had to try this out! LOL!
Old 07-28-2004, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
WTF?!?!I dont know what the hell is going on now, but I added a couple posts at the neonneonneon sight before i left earlier tonight, and now it's telling me tath I dont even have access to view the forums!!! WTF?
Yeah I got the boot too for my lil prank telling them to put the clorox in thier brake fluid, no one fell for it, and I told them it was a prank so what's the big deal?