Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

OK.... ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I am sick and tired of this bullshit going back and forth between NeonNeonNeon-4forums and LS1tech!

We have both already beat these subjects worse then a lakers vs Clippers game!

post what you guys want in this thread, but any other stupid *** irrelevant S.R.T. 4 thread WILL be locked.

LS1tech street Kills section was not created to talk **** in like WAR STORIES! PERIOD. it is to share and discuss our stories and experiences as well shed light and help others with upcoming races... so on and so forth.

Please guys, i love talking **** as much as the next, Drew and you other neon guys KNOW that. But this is ******* ridiculous. Please everyone just grow up here, have a good time and stop this mindless stupid ****.

**** the ricers they have... of course there will be idiots over on S.RT4.com, while we have the mullet sporters here. Just brush this **** off, dont even fuel the fire here! this **** is done, the other threads will be locked

Gray
Old 07-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Staging Lane

Old 07-27-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long live the MULLET!!!

Old 07-27-2004, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

While I dont like the NeonNeonNeon-4 guys I dont think that locking every thread is a good Idea. That would make this section look like the "other" site. Just lock the treads that get Way out of hand.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 PM
7 Second Club / STF Veteran

i like mullets and hate rice **** rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm a v8 meat head
Old 07-27-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

your absolutely right bronco....i apologize for my part of this stupid crap...arguing in war stories never gets anyone anywhere as i found out. i had one problem with a guy who doesnt even drive an NeonNeonNeon-4 and a day later an all out war starts again....no more jumping forums, i like this board for the other sections so ill stop bringing dumb crap over to it....that is all....
Old 07-27-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

i did not lock up the other threads, that was Tony (admin-site owner)

i just got home and made this sticky. I am personally fed up with the bullshit. Drew and a few others are great guys, and we are DEFINATELY not like :****:.com

just want this madness over and for it all to settle down. Just get tired of seeing this ****
Old 07-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 68maro
i like mullets and hate rice **** rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i'm a v8 meat head
Never loved the mullet, hate rice **** as much as the next guy.

Still trying to find myself another 74 Plymouth Duster with a 383.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BigBronco
i did not lock up the other threads, that was Tony (admin-site owner)

i just got home and made this sticky. I am personally fed up with the bullshit. Drew and a few others are great guys, and we are DEFINATELY not like :****:.com

just want this madness over and for it all to settle down. Just get tired of seeing this ****
I hope you are not reffering to SRTforums as :****:.com as it has a wealth of information (as long as you dont venture into the war stories). I think this is a good step for any site as I find this is rampant all over.

I think trading knowledge is a great thing and as soon as people get over themselves and keep in mind that something will always be faster than you weather it be 4 or 8 cylinders then life should be grand.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

ahh no, ****.com was referring to ls1.com
Old 07-27-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigBronco
ahh no, ****.com was referring to ls1.com
yea don't worry about that Chubz, long story...not you guys...
Old 07-27-2004, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Yeah I stopped opening the NeonNeonNeon posts a while ago... its pretty obvious when 8 people post a kill on one in the same day that some serious BS is going on. No one wants this place to end up like ****.com so I hope everyone can take it somewhere else.. or accept that some auto enthusiest choose to buy NeonNeonNeon4 neons instead of f-bodys. If we all had the same exact taste, life would get pretty boring you know?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Yeah I stopped opening the NeonNeonNeon posts a while ago... its pretty obvious when 8 people post a kill on one in the same day that some serious BS is going on. No one wants this place to end up like ****.com so I hope everyone can take it somewhere else.. or accept that some auto enthusiest choose to buy NeonNeonNeon4 neons instead of f-bodys. If we all had the same exact taste, life would get pretty boring you know?
Very very true. I can't not recognize the performance of the LS1 and other V-8s. I use to have a 74 Duster and I loved that car. I just wanted something different that would beat a bunch of cars out there, that people weren't giving it credit for.

Try searching for a faster FWD Production car? Going to be pretty hard.

The NeonNeonNeon' should not be compared with an LS1, Cobra, STI or EVO but honestly, there is absolutely nothing close to us in our class, so we have to go after the big boys.

Anyways seems like you guys have your head on straight and I hope we can swap info on a consistant basis.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chubz
Very very true. I can't not recognize the performance of the LS1 and other V-8s. I use to have a 74 Duster and I loved that car. I just wanted something different that would beat a bunch of cars out there, that people weren't giving it credit for.

Try searching for a faster FWD Production car? Going to be pretty hard.

The NeonNeonNeon' should not be compared with an LS1, Cobra, STI or EVO but honestly, there is absolutely nothing close to us in our class, so we have to go after the big boys.

Anyways seems like you guys have your head on straight and I hope we can swap info on a consistant basis.
well said.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:31 PM
STF Veteran

I'm not sure I really understand...

My car says Trans Am on the back. Nowhere on the entire car is the word "Firebird". I don't call it a Firebird. I call it a Trans Am. If, however, someone was to say to me "do you drive that black firebird?", I would say "yes". If someone said to me "Is that a v8 firebird?", I would reply "yes".

Why is it when you refer to an S R T 4 as a neon, though admitedly it's often in a teasing/derogatory fashion, owners seem to habitually respond with some reason why v8s suck, or GM sucks, or with stereotypes about fbody owners? Seems as if dodgeing the point pretty much validates it, eh?

An engine and transmission does not determine what a car is. If it did, I could refer to my car interchangably as a firebird formula, trans am, ws6, camaro z28, camaro ss, corvette, or gto. They all use the same engine and transmission I do.

So do having different body designs determine what seperates one car from annother? That might be closer to the mark... However does anyone deny that a 5.0 mustang ad a 5.0 capri are the same car underneigth the body panels? how about an eclipse and a talon? a firebird and a camaro? a prizm and a camry? a sebring and a galant? a spirt and an acclaim? changing the front fascia and redesigning a few body panels does not change the heart of the car. Nobody can legitmatly deny that aside from the front fascia and the wing on the back, an S R T 4 looks INCREDIBLY SIMILAR to a regular neon. perhaps the body panels arn't interchangeable, perhaps they are, but the lines flow the same. look at the classic VW beatles and the new beatle. the lines flow the same.

That brings us to my last pondering... what's in a name? Whether you call it an S R T 4 or a Neon S R T 4, it's the same thing. If I hand you a diet cola that tastes like ***, and you hand it back saying "this tastes like ***", and I change the name to "Low Carb" cola, and hand it back to you... it's still going to taste the same isn't it? Names mean nothing insofar as what something actually IS. A writer far more skilled than I once mused "Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?" and the answer is YES.

so if none of those things change the heart of the car, can a combination of all of them change the heart of the car, so that it is no longer just a modified version of what it once was? I have a hard time believing it.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Interesting points..to which I ponder...does one think negative of the NeonNeonNeon10 truck since the same truck (though with different internals) is nothing to marvel at? No. So should one think negative of a performance oriented neon with different internals and impressive numbers given what it is? No.

While the styling, interior and exterior dimensions may not appeal to everyone, does that not put them even futher into our niche? I mean the V6 Fbody is no wonder to behold and is a black sheep to 90% of its own kind. I see a very large connection here...
Old 07-27-2004, 07:59 PM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Skarecrow]
You make good points so I am going to have to break this down, bear with me.

I'm not sure I really understand...

My car says Trans Am on the back. Nowhere on the entire car is the word "Firebird". I don't call it a Firebird. I call it a Trans Am. If, however, someone was to say to me "do you drive that black firebird?", I would say "yes". If someone said to me "Is that a v8 firebird?", I would reply "yes".
I think a few people would argue with you there. Ignorance is no reason to accept what someone calls your car. The Trans Am and Firebird are almost the same but they are not the same hense the different names and subtle differences. Body, specs, interior, price.

Why is it when you refer to an S R T 4 as a neon, though admitedly it's often in a teasing/derogatory fashion, owners seem to habitually respond with some reason why v8s suck, or GM sucks, or with stereotypes about fbody owners? Seems as if dodgeing the point pretty much validates it, eh?
You answered your own question. If you make a derogatory remark to me, I am going to be an *** because you obviously don't respect me or my car. I think most of the people you will meet in this world are pretty cool. Teenagers (i being one years ago) realize I could have been nicer and more respectful to other people. Thats just a part of growing up. Cut the Teenagers a break, they are the ones causing the problems.

An engine and transmission does not determine what a car is. If it did, I could refer to my car interchangably as a firebird formula, trans am, ws6, camaro z28, camaro ss, corvette, or gto. They all use the same engine and transmission I do.
Drive a base neon and a S.R.T.4 and try and discuss the similarities. They share the same frame and thats about it. S.R.T.4 has different interior, different motor, different suspension, and diferent body panels. Also on my invioce and sales sheet from Dodge no where on it does it say Neon.

So do having different body designs determine what seperates one car from annother? That might be closer to the mark... However does anyone deny that a 5.0 mustang ad a 5.0 capri are the same car underneigth the body panels? how about an eclipse and a talon? a firebird and a camaro? a prizm and a camry? a sebring and a galant? a spirt and an acclaim? changing the front fascia and redesigning a few body panels does not change the heart of the car. Nobody can legitmatly deny that aside from the front fascia and the wing on the back, an S R T 4 looks INCREDIBLY SIMILAR to a regular neon. perhaps the body panels arn't interchangeable, perhaps they are, but the lines flow the same. look at the classic VW beatles and the new beatle. the lines flow the same.
In all the above comparisons you are 100% correct, but why are they not named Mistubishi Sebring Galant, or Chevy Sunfire Cavalier. They have different options albeit they are from different divisions which is basically where Dodge wanted to put the S.R.T.4 in the S.R.T Street Racing Technology Catagory.

That brings us to my last pondering... what's in a name? Whether you call it an S R T 4 or a Neon S R T 4, it's the same thing. If I hand you a diet cola that tastes like ***, and you hand it back saying "this tastes like ***", and I change the name to "Low Carb" cola, and hand it back to you... it's still going to taste the same isn't it? Names mean nothing insofar as what something actually IS. A writer far more skilled than I once mused "Would a rose by any other name smell as sweet?" and the answer is YES.

so if none of those things change the heart of the car, can a combination of all of them change the heart of the car, so that it is no longer just a modified version of what it once was? I have a hard time believing it.
You could call my car a flamingo penthouse on wheels and that doesn't change what my vehicle is called. This is a debate thats has been beatin many times over at the Srtforums. The easiest way to battle this is with proof. Go to Dodge.com and find the S.R.T.4 find the name NEON. I will give you free rain to meddle about in my car...look for Neon. Read my manual, no where does it say Neon. I would be an idiot if I would try and say that this car was not based off of the Neon, but thats where the similarity ends.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:24 PM
TECH Addict

Actually the Trans Am IS a firebird.It's a Firebird Trans Am according to GM and the Federal govt.

It's a trim package.The Z28 IS a Camaro,The NeonNeonNeon-4 is a Neon,The EVO VIII is a Lancer, the Z06 is a Corvette,ad nauseum.

Regardless of what you think I'll bet there are more parts shared with a standard neon that there are different. If that was not the case DC wouldn't be making the things as they couldn't profit off of it. The car companies call them "BLACK" parts. Things like sensors,electronics,fasteners,braces,etc. The NeonNeonNeon-4 would have to maintain around 70%+ of the standard content to remain profitable. They are running a business,profit is the #1 priority.

I'll get some information from my Step Fathers nephew next time I talk to him. He's a supervisor at the Neon plant.

Check your registration information or how the GOVT classifies it for mileage and crash worthiness. You're Driving a Neon and I drive a Firebird.

BTW: Is it that big of a Deal? The NeonNeonNeon-4 is a great car for what it is. Who cares what it was built off of? The GTO was created from a lowly Tempest, The Shelby Cobra from an stupid slow AC Ace.

Some of the greatest Mopars started off as basic crapboxes. Think of your car as a Max wedge powered Dart. That's about what it would equate to these days.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Whoa! S*R*T was changed to neon neon neon automatically.I'd imagine the admins are having a bit of fun with this
Old 07-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Cheatin' Chad
BTW: Is it that big of a Deal? The NeonNeonNeon-4 is a great car for what it is. Who cares what it was built off of? The GTO was created from a lowly Tempest, The Shelby Cobra from an stupid slow AC Ace.

Some of the greatest Mopars started off as basic crapboxes. Think of your car as a Max wedge powered Dart. That's about what it would equate to these days.
I see what your saying and it makes total sense. I go by what my car was called when I bought it. I like the fact that my insurance company calls my car a Neon S.R.T.4, it saves me a lot of money a year.

As I said before it shares the body and frame with the Neon but thats about it. Most of the components are from the PT Cruiser or the Mexican version of the Sebring. Thats acutually where the motor originated from. So you are correct that they are using parts out of the bin but they didnt come from the Neon.