Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, no ****. Suprised about that because the 944's are definately not the best handling porsches. Still decent cars though.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am fairly certain the cars suspension was completly re-done by the previous owner. Don't ask me about the specifics, all I know is that it was a PIA to change the cams on that car, but Porcshe heads can take a beating and still look like they have 20,000 miles on them.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Porsche's vs Camaro? Porsche vs Corvette - Now thats on the same type of car performance vs performance, even though the Corvette has proven a better car the last few years racing record wise. Welcome to the C5R.

Boxster's are nice cars, but they are no 911 or Carrera GT, as has been stated.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

How did this change into Boxster conversation? I consider those overpriced miatas, or the wannabe porsches. Mostly women drive them around Houston, which is cool. The car isn't bad looking or anything, but I'd rather have a Vette for around the same price. Really sucks that you can't access the engine anywhere from the top of the car, it has to be on a lift.

Just proves that most Porsche owners don't get their hands dirty
Old 07-30-2004, 09:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Porsche_Daddy
Wow, no ****. Suprised about that because the 944's are definately not the best handling porsches. Still decent cars though.
Interesting. Mullets vs. ricers.
Oh, and I know that some of you guys aren't the brightest bulbs on the tree but if you can somehow find a way to spell boxster correctly maybe I can find the right way to spell cumaro.
You obviously don't know **** about Porsches', if you think that 944's aren't a great handling Porsche. Betcha didn't know that the 1986 944 Turbo was faster around the 'ring than the 1986 911 Turbo, due mostly to the 951's better handling balance.

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about your car too much on the autocross track... You have to get to the corners before you can turn, and that's something I would be doing long before you. I know you like your underpowered sissy Boxster's pretty good handling, and think it helps you get some tail, and you think that you are better than us, but you might want to reconsider flaming Camaro, Firebird and Vette owners on an LS1 site- you will get

Most people on this site probably know more about your Porsche than you do. Now, BEAT IT.

Sorry for the flame, but you really didn't have anything tangible to post in the first place, and that is also irritating.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

If the Admin comes in to help bust your chops, you would think it is time to leave!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:25 PM
Banned

He is the adminstrater? Wow, how professional. I see you guys take after him with the insults and flames. Learned from the best! Some of you guys think that f-bods never lose which is sad because they do all the time and sometimes even to "slow" cars like the boxster s. There is one variable in car racing called the DRIVER and I think that some of you guys have ignored that, which is a big mistake. You just see it as car vs. car and that is terribly nearsighted and thickheaded of you. You guys have your heads way far up each others asses.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Coming from someone who listed himself as "Porsche Daddy", I'm wondering if you are one of those gay guys I see driving a Boxster, with a sugar-daddy.

Please spare us your elitist attitude just because you drive a Porsche, of course we know about driver factor on this site. You aren't the one that first figured that out, so don't pretend to enlighten us.

Its obvious most of us here know more about cars than you do.....look at what you chose to purchase.

Changed your own oil lately? Oh, thats right, you don't have a hood to access the engine. Probably carry driving gloves in your car too huh? Don't want to damage that manicure.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Banned

NeonNeonNeon> Porsche
Old 07-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

There is one variable in car racing called the DRIVER and I think that some of you guys have ignored that, which is a big mistake.
Yeah, I'm sure your great driving abilities make up for my extra 400hp.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

He is the adminstrater? Wow, how professional. I see you guys take after him with the insults and flames. Learned from the best! Some of you guys think that f-bods never lose which is sad because they do all the time and sometimes even to "slow" cars like the boxster s. There is one variable in car racing called the DRIVER and I think that some of you guys have ignored that, which is a big mistake. You just see it as car vs. car and that is terribly nearsighted and thickheaded of you. You guys have your heads way far up each others asses.

Yes he is the admin, and i am sure he has no problem buying a porsche as well. I know that F-bodies can do, because i OWN ALL FORDS. I know what GM can make as well as fords. Driver is always the biggest variable, simply because no human is the same. I am the most NON BIASED person on the sight towards ls1's or any other car for that matter.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Probably carry driving gloves in your car too huh? Don't want to damage that manicure.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:39 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Probably carry driving gloves in your car too huh? Don't want to damage that manicure.

Some of us get Summit catalogs in the mail, and others get L.L Bean and Ambercrombie and Fist. I bet he got a snazzy little Porsche keychain when he bought that thing.

Add Boxters to my list of hated cars. Right up there with the NeonNeonNeon-4's.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BigBronco
I am the most NON BIASED person on the sight towards ls1's or any other car for that matter.
You want a cookie?
Old 07-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TA TED

Some of us get Summit catalogs in the mail, and others get L.L Bean and Ambercrombie and Fist. I bet he got a snazzy little Porsche keychain when he bought that thing.

Add Boxters to my list of hated cars. Right up there with the NeonNeonNeon-4's.

awww must be that small man syndrum I keep hearing about Gotta have a v-8 too be a man. haha
Old 07-30-2004, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by oh_damn
awww must be that small man syndrum I keep hearing about Gotta have a v-8 too be a man. haha
Im guessing you are the guy who prefers the inline 4 powered hondas and getting fisted in the ***

Unit: get to work.... i am heading out back to the shop to balance a crank

and i hate balancing cranks
Old 07-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Administrator

i am heading out back to the shop to balance a crank

He said balancing cranks.

Tony - you done with this guy yet? Lock 'er down at will.
Old 07-30-2004, 02:05 PM
Banned

Im guessing you are the guy who prefers the inline 4 powered hondas and getting fisted in the ***

Unit: get to work.... i am heading out back to the shop to balance a crank

NO!! NO HONDAS, Vtec, **** thats fast. ROFL, No I liove teh v-8s too. But you guys need to quit eachother. Its bad 4 the rest of the v-8 community.
I like hairdryer 4 cyl. S.RT4s. Woot, They are much more .
Old 07-30-2004, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Talking

I don't dislike Boxsters. I just think they are intended for being driven by classy women who wanted more than a Miata. When I see a guy driving one, I tend to think "homo", much like a Miata.

Cute cars.