Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

ALL S.R.T-4 guys and ls1techers INSIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkZ28spt
A stock to stockish 96ish Cobra is SLOW. If all you claim is true, an LT1/LS1/newer stang would rip you a new one.

I cannot believe that so many people can argue for something so incredibly stupid as the NeonNeonNeon-4 NOT being a Neon. It boggles my mind

Before I got BANNED from the NeonNeonNeon-4 forums I had owners using ricer arguments such as GAS MILEAGE

Speaking of which, why did I get banned? Could you guys not take me letting the truth out as to how quick an LS1 is/can be? I thought you guys were SOOOOOOOO proud of not banning anyone because that was . I at least want to know what I was banned for. What was I banned for, exactly? I think it was so the NeonNeonNeon-4 owners and fans could keep on thinking that their car is SOOOO fast and not a Neon.
In your post I can feel your hostility and trollish attitude, thats why you got banned. When you go to another forum spouting about how superior your vehicle is to theirs you are not going to be treated well.

Stock S.R.T-4 will get owned by a STOCK LS1. I really dont think it takes to many brain cells to figure that out. We have so many cars running 350hp+ that it is reasonable to assume that a modded SR.T can beat an LS1.

There will always be something faster.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Regular

Speaking of which, why did I get banned?
Probably for acting like a toolbag.

Just a guess.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chubz
In your post I can feel your hostility and trollish attitude, thats why you got banned. When you go to another forum spouting about how superior your vehicle is to theirs you are not going to be treated well.
Did I say anything out of line? I don't think that post was banworthy for a second. I did not spout how my vehicle was superior, I stated that it will beat a neon stock for stock. This is true. Even YOU said the same thing!

Stock S.R.T-4 will get owned by a STOCK LS1. I really dont think it takes to many brain cells to figure that out.
Apparently it takes more brain cells than a lot of people with Neons have.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

Apparently it takes more brain cells than a lot of people with Neons have.
Its comments like that, that will get you banned. You were probably being a dick and they desided to just boot you since talking to you is futile.

Don't take it out on me that you got banned over there. Not all Neon/S.R.T4 owners are punk kids who don't know **** about ****. Don't be so obtuse.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Its comments like that, that will get you banned. You were probably being a dick and they desided to just boot you since talking to you is futile.

Don't take it out on me that you got banned over there. Not all Neon/S.R.T4 owners are punk kids who don't know **** about ****. Don't be so obtuse.
Dude, that was only in response to you saying that it doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that a stock LS1 will beat a stock neon. DUH. Seriously now, talk about baiting the hook to get a one line resopnse you can quote out of context to try and prove your point
Old 07-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Staging Lane

Dude, that was only in response to you saying that it doesn't take too many brain cells to figure out that a stock LS1 will beat a stock neon. DUH. Seriously now, talk about baiting the hook to get a one line resopnse you can quote out of context to try and prove your point
I am not trying to prove anything

I believe we are in agreement so I don't get what the problem is.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Chubz, what is the epa rating on gas mileage in those non-neons
Old 07-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't be so obtuse.
What did you call me? Obtuse?

Ever see The Shawshank Redemption?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by unit213
What did you call me? Obtuse?

Ever see The Shawshank Redemption?

HAHAHA Exactly Best prison break movie ever.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

I think the only thing we are not in agreement about is now/why I got banned. I was not trolling, and I may not have used the nicest language but I didn't exceed the level that I saw all over the place on that forum anyway and what I was stating were hard facts not intended to put other cars/people down. I guess they give the Neon guys a lot more leeway since it is a Neon site. I can understand that, I am hoping that someone who still has access to the god awful site (no offense) could tell me what it was that got me banned. Nobody from their site said anything to me so..
I thought they never banned anyone? They were SOOOO proud of that...and I promise I won't say that again . lol

Chubz: At least you agreed with me that all else being equal, an LS1 will beat a Neon stock for stock most of the time.

I am not going to let this bother me anymore. It's obvious that both sites involved have banned anyone who they thought/knew to be causing or furthering the trouble between us. There are still some Neon owners on this site who aren't being morons and some LS1 people (far as i know) on the neon site that didn't get banned so I'll call it good.
However, if anyone has or knows of a Neon in the northwest Indiana area (or within driving distance of US41 dragway) that would like to prove the Neon has potential I am game. Everything I have is in the sig, it shouldn't take much in mods plus a good driver to run with me. I know the Neon has potential I just want to see it put to use by someone who knows waht they are doing.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Chubz, what is the epa rating on gas mileage in those non-neons
22city 30hwy

Although I am in boost soo much im lucky if I see 22hwy
Old 07-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

However, if anyone has or knows of a Neon in the northwest Indiana area (or within driving distance of US41 dragway) that would like to prove the Neon has potential I am game. Everything I have is in the sig, it shouldn't take much in mods plus a good driver to run with me. I know the Neon has potential I just want to see it put to use by someone who knows waht they are doing.
FYI for 775 bucks on a stock 04 S.R.T-4 a race with you would be a drivers race. Well make it 1000 bucks for a cat back exhaust as well.

That would be a stage 2 s.r.t.4 which consists of bigger injectors, wastegate, Remapped ECU, TIP and Map sensor. People with that mod are running mid 12s on street tires.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:26 PM
11 Second Club

FYI for 775 bucks on a stock 04 S.R.T-4 a race with you would be a drivers race. Well make it 1000 bucks for a cat back exhaust as well.

That would be a stage 2 s.r.t.4 which consists of bigger injectors, wastegate, Remapped ECU, TIP and Map sensor. People with that mod are running mid 12s on street tires.
See now, THAT is the kind of thing that I meant to find out when I first joined the Neon forums and the exact kind of car I'd like to race. Preferably at the track.
So you can run mid 12's on street tires for $1,000, seriously?
(I question it only becaues I have been told things like it only costing $1,000 for headers and cam on an LS1 and those are artificially low $$ amounts.)
Old 07-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Administrator

It's only $800 for a stock LS1 to run 11.50's.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

What's that...dose of nitrous and 2 nittos?
Old 07-29-2004, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

See now, THAT is the kind of thing that I meant to find out when I first joined the Neon forums and the exact kind of car I'd like to race. Preferably at the track.
So you can run mid 12's on street tires for $1,000, seriously?
(I question it only becaues I have been told things like it only costing $1,000 for headers and cam on an LS1 and those are artificially low $$ amounts.)
No bull **** hear. Get Stage 2 and a turbo upgrade for another 1700 and the car is runnin mid 11to high 11s.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Staging Lane

Like I said, there will always be something faster.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Launching!

1.7 60 ft's owns my S R T!!! I should be trapping similar to you this weekend with the FMIC but I am in so-cal with Chubz.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Like I said, there will always be something faster.
No doubt about that.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Chubz, did you know that a stock Z06 can run 11s and still get an epa 30 mpg on the highway? My 10.6 Formula (all-motor) still pulled down 24 mpg with a 7.1L engine. My '02 SS (427 rwhp all-motor) averaged 31 mpg on Power Tour a month ago.

So, what is the benefit of going with a small engine and small car?