Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Viper RT/10 Race!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 09:31 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Viper RT/10 Race!

Well, this saturday I was headed up north to my buddies condo on Lake Winnepesauke. Turns out to be one of the best trips I've ever made in the TA. There was absoloutly NO TRAFFIC on the trip which was the most amazing part.

After about 15 minutes I come up to the first toll booth. I had been passed on the right by some idiot in a Mercedes convertible. ( I was waiting for the guy in front of me to get the hell out of the way doing 65 in the left lane ) Guy was all tan with a gold chain and a pony tail with a pretty cute broad in the passenger seat. As luck would have it, he's on the right side of me at the toll booth. We pull out at the same time and he trys to blow by me. Didn't happen, slammed second and spun just a tad and I was off. Totally obliterated him and watched his jaw drop as I laughed my *** off for the next couple exits.

I didn't think it could get any better than that. Well I come up to the big curves up in Manchester and I blasted through those at about 75/80 and notice a late 80s Porsche 930 on my tail. So we played a little bit, but it must have been stock because it really couldn't stay next to me. A Lexus IS300 merged onto the highway right next to us as it opened up to 4 lanes and we all went from a roll at around 47mph a little farther down the road. The lexus edged out the 930, and I pulled on both starting from 2nd gear.

Well the Porsche and I cruised out of the next toll booth and stayed next to each other for awhile. We eventually pulled up to a red RT/10 which caught me by surprise, I don't ever see many around here. I pulled up to him, guy was pretty young, maybe 27, blonde girl in the passenger seat. Porsche turned off and I was admiring the RT/10 we yelled back and forth for a bit, giving hand signals and what not. Car had a red fiberglass dash with all the guages and such. It looked absoloutly killer. Red seats with black trim and racing harnesses. It sounded like it had exhaust, he was motioning/yelling that it wasn't stock. I said I had around 360 at the wheels and he gave me a thumbs up. I heard him downshift to 3rd and he slowed down, so I followed. 3 honks and we were off, I stayed right next to him, shifted to 4th and lost no ground, at the beginning of 4th he started pulling on me and by the top he had a little less than a cars length on me. We went from a roll maybe 8 times. Then he turned off. Awesome car, great time, it was the first loss on the street for my TA. I didn't really get walked on, but I was happy with the results.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:35 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Current mods:

- LS1 Motorsports lid w/ Holley Powershot air filter
- Granatelli 85mm MAF
- KOOKs Stainless 1 3/4" LT headers w/ velocity mergers
- 3" Catted Y pipe w/ Magnaflow Hi Flow Cats.
- 3" Hooker Catback
- Taylor "Thundervolt" SP wires + NGK TR55 plugs
- Billet 5.0 Pro Shifter w/ MBA anodized red Firebird shift ****

I had my iForged wheels on at the time, the DRs are in the garage with a flat RR.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:47 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you had a pretty fun night!
Old 09-27-2004, 07:49 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

For sure, left just at the right time. Some of the best action I've had around here since I bought the car
Old 09-27-2004, 07:52 AM
Teching In

There is a nice dark Blue or black RT10 running at New Englad Dragway Last Friday Night.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice kill. Sounds like you raced a first gen (400-405hp) RT-10. Nice cars for sure.

Mackey - I walked a black RT10 last summer form a a highway roll in MA (black and gold)...I wonder if that was the one you saw at the track??
Old 09-27-2004, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Good kills, and a good death.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

damn man nice kills....and beautiful death
Old 09-27-2004, 04:57 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

I wish I knew what the RT/10 had done to it. It still had the side exit exhaust of the early RT/10 but it was LOUD. I couldn't even hear my car when he was next to me. Car had some pimp *** window "curtains" as well, rivited on.

What was up with the red fiberglass dash? I thought all vipers had a bland sort of grey dash? Aftermarket or just custom? The interior was all done up, I couldn't tell what the name was on the seats, but they were covered in some nice red/black leather with harnesses.

He turned off at exit 17 past Concord.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Resident

I had a simular run with a viper the other month, he smokkkkked me like i was parked. Nice car by the way.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:52 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
I had a simular run with a viper the other month, he smokkkkked me like i was parked. Nice car by the way.
Your's looks good too I have a question though. What springs are you running in your TA? I've got the WW body kit, it's been sitting in my room for over a year. Car will be set up with LG coilovers and all LG suspension. How hard do you think it will be to run the WW kit?