Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

What 1/4 times and speeds do '03/'04 Cobras run stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sshawk1
Just buy the car already! Thats all the motivation I will need to go ahead and put the good old 100 shot on the old gomaro to even the playing field. you know power adder vs power adder!!!!!

HUH?
Old 10-21-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unit call all the BS you want. Do you have an Apten??? Who tuned your car??? What shot are you running?

Just a few questions, because IMHO, if you aren't trapping ABOVE 125 with apten and nitrous, you either have some serious driving issues or your track DA just flat out sucks, or you need to kick your tuner in the nuts.

My only mods are 2.76, JLT True cold air, and xpipe, I still have the factory stock catback in place. Who's here to tell me that my blower is really ported anyway Oh yea, this is still on a 3800 pound race weight, no weight taken out of this pig!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually now that I think of it, with a 50 shot, on an UNported eaton and 2.76, you should be trapping mid 120's. I was trapping 120ish (plus or minus 1mph on the stock eaton) so with ricer math, a 50 shot (which in my personal exp. actually added a tad OVER 6 mph) should put you right at 125-127.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:09 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.8litrels1eater
My only mods are 2.76, JLT True cold air, and xpipe, I still have the factory stock catback in place. Who's here to tell me that my blower is really ported anyway Oh yea, this is still on a 3800 pound race weight, no weight taken out of this pig!
Do you race at BSD and come up to State College?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:11 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by unit213
I only ran 13.6's @ 106mph or so.
Ohhhh boy Unit. I'll be sure to use this against you in some thread someday!

So that means my ****-poor 13.5 @ 106 bone stock in my SS (at an uphill track to boot) would have beat the almighty 03!!!!! yeah!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2004, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have an Apten??? Who tuned your car???
Apten? Yes.

Who tunes my car?

Anyone want to answer that for him?

btw...125mph isn't a problem.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Ohhhh boy Unit. I'll be sure to use this against you in some thread someday!

So that means my ****-poor 13.5 @ 106 bone stock in my SS (at an uphill track to boot) would have beat the almighty 03!!!!! yeah!!!!!!

You forgot this part:

My buddy told me he saw brake lights mid track.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Actually now that I think of it, with a 50 shot, on an UNported eaton and 2.76, you should be trapping mid 120's. I was trapping 120ish (plus or minus 1mph on the stock eaton) so with ricer math, a 50 shot (which in my personal exp. actually added a tad OVER 6 mph) should put you right at 125-127.
No way in hell you're going to his 127mph with a 50shot, full bolt ons, and a unported eaton. Maybe one or two people have done it, but thousands won't be able to.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

No way in hell you're going to his 127mph with a 50shot, full bolt ons, and a unported eaton. Maybe one or two people have done it, but thousands won't be able to.
A good friend of mine went 120-121 with pulley/tensioner/chip/cai/xpipe/catback/heat exchanger. I think that was it as far as power mods go.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by WhiteTXMach
A good friend of mine went 120-121 with pulley/tensioner/chip/cai/xpipe/catback/heat exchanger. I think that was it as far as power mods go.
Yep. That's pretty much the norm. The HE doesn't do much unless you start hot lapping it.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

unit, you say 120-121 is pretty much the norm with unported hEatons, which I also agree, yet you say no way in hell you will trap that 127 on a 50 shot, than say maybe a couple people have done it, but that's all. Senator Kerry, have you made up your mind yet :jester: ?

And my questions before that were legit if you doubt the trap speeds. They were logical questions, don't you think?
Old 10-22-2004, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

DMNSPD, I race at Atco. I have never been to another track, and don't see the need to. THe only other track I would consider would be Etown.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Administrator

unit, you say 120-121 is pretty much the norm with unported hEatons, which I also agree, yet you say no way in hell you will trap that 127 on a 50 shot, than say maybe a couple people have done it, but that's all. Senator Kerry, have you made up your mind yet :jester: ?

And my questions before that were legit if you doubt the trap speeds. They were logical questions, don't you think?
I hear what you're saying and you would think that a 50shot would add 6mph, but it's been my experience with many '03 Cobras that it just doesn't happen. Sure, a 50shot will add 6mph if you're only trapping 112mph. It's more difficult to get from 121 to 127mph. Just speaking from my experiences. If it works for you, more power to you.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:46 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

DMNSPD, I race at Atco. I have never been to another track, and don't see the need to. THe only other track I would consider would be Etown.
Ok, just checking. I met a guy at Beaver with the same mods as you trapping the same and thought you might have been him.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:48 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

You forgot this part:
My buddy told me he saw brake lights mid track.
shhh.... we don't talk about that
Old 10-22-2004, 11:21 AM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by sshawk1
Just buy the car already! Thats all the motivation I will need to go ahead and put the good old 100 shot on the old gomaro to even the playing field. you know power adder vs power adder!!!!!
I will have to wait a few months to get it. I am going to start saving now. I would love to race you with the Cobra being stock and you with your mods that you have now. I think you will take me. It might be close though.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:35 AM
TECH Regular

i thought this forum was about ls1's? ...... just kidding anyways, see I don't look at the 03-04 Cobra's as an even race or even on a level playing field. I think let me put a blower on my TA and then we'll see what happens. Strip that blower off that cobra and then we have an even playing field, and you know who usually wins....this subject just pisses me off b/c people speak of the cobra as a stock car, it isn't STOCK, it has a f'in blower, anyways, needed to vent. Don't get me wrong, they are sick cars, i love the set up and ford really hit a home run with this one. But when it comes to Cobra vs. LS1 I hate it because it is a bullshit uneven playing field when one has a power adder and it is talked about like it is STOCK...gimme a break Maybe I should buy that procharger and go rape a few cobra's and then post everywhere about it, sounds like fun
Old 10-22-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mc01ta
i thought this forum was about ls1's? ...... just kidding anyways, see I don't look at the 03-04 Cobra's as an even race or even on a level playing field. I think let me put a blower on my TA and then we'll see what happens. Strip that blower off that cobra and then we have an even playing field, and you know who usually wins....this subject just pisses me off b/c people speak of the cobra as a stock car, it isn't STOCK, it has a f'in blower, anyways, needed to vent. Don't get me wrong, they are sick cars, i love the set up and ford really hit a home run with this one. But when it comes to Cobra vs. LS1 I hate it because it is a bullshit uneven playing field when one has a power adder and it is talked about like it is STOCK...gimme a break Maybe I should buy that procharger and go rape a few cobra's and then post everywhere about it, sounds like fun

Do you also own a honda civic with fart can, primered ground effects, and stickers???

Just kidding, but using that argument is sort of like the 4.6 guys claiming that you have 70 MORE cubic inches. It's just a stupid argument

Unit, that 6mph I was talking about was from PERSONAL experience, WITH the apten. So if you can use your imagination , 119-121 with UNported eaton, than the apten, THAN I spray with a 50 shot, and that's my "tad over 6mph" . So getting that 6 mph at an already higher trap than 121, is how it happened.

Back to Mc01TA's argument, well, it's stupid for another reason. You start getting into the "well you spent this much in mods", "oh yea well my car was used and a lot less than your car", and etc. So you buying a blower would be like us cobra guys using a KB . BUT, that's a stupid argument again .
Old 10-22-2004, 12:32 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I don't think that argument holds up anyway. Just like was mentioned, Ford guys complained because we had more cubes. Who cares... the car comes from the factory with the blower. It's stock. Period.

Run what you brung - plain and simple.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:39 PM
On The Tree

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this post was ALMOST as funny as Team America World Police.