Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

What 1/4 times and speeds do '03/'04 Cobras run stock?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most stock Cobras at Atlanta Dragway run between 13.6-13.0 bone stock.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Regular

No fart can, no honda for me thankyou. Run what ya brung, I understand. I guess its just my view and thats how i feel. Sorry ford decided it had to put on a power adder to keep up or go faster than a "STOCK" LS1. I just wish they kep making the fbodies because if so i would think that soon as for did this, maybe we would have moved up in more cubic inches and maybe a lil blower on top of that. How nice would that have been. Oh well, i'm not gonna win this one. By the way, if you read my post before you would also see that i praised what ford did with this car and the set up so stop being a
Old 10-22-2004, 01:39 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by mc01ta
No fart can, no honda for me thankyou. Run what ya brung, I understand. I guess its just my view and thats how i feel. Sorry ford decided it had to put on a power adder to keep up or go faster than a "STOCK" LS1. I just wish they kep making the fbodies because if so i would think that soon as for did this, maybe we would have moved up in more cubic inches and maybe a lil blower on top of that. How nice would that have been. Oh well, i'm not gonna win this one. By the way, if you read my post before you would also see that i praised what ford did with this car and the set up so stop being a
You keep saying the Cobra isn't stock. If it comes from the factory with the equipment then it is STOCK. Just because Ford put a blower on it and you didn't think it was fair doesn't mean it isn't stock. What if the LS1 came from the factory with a blower? I guess it wouldn't be "STOCK" either. The point you are trying to make is weak. You sound like you are bitter because one company built something different/faster than the company you bought your car from.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:51 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On another note... While the LS1 was being put into the f-body, Ford didn't have anything that could beat it anyway. They waited until they killed the f-body to bring out the power. So really they've got a brand new car they are trying to sell to take care of a bunch of used cars. Just like the Marauder - going after a car that hasn't been made since 1996.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I get it. You're posting the lamest arguements intentionally to be funny. Good one!

...and a blower from the factory = S T O C K
Old 10-22-2004, 02:14 PM
TECH Regular

thank you for finding some humor in this... yes I think Blower from factory does not = Stock, thats my opinion.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Administrator

thank you for finding some humor in this... yes I think Blower from factory does not = Stock, thats my opinion.
Opinion has nothing to do with it. It is FACT and you're 100% wrong.

Sour grapes huh? Get over it.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

wow........dude chill...i don't want you getting all upset and accidentally catching a finger in your blower, that wouldn't b good......due i'm just messing around...I like sour grapes by the way and i'm not over it...just laugh man, way too serious
Old 10-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Administrator

wow........dude chill...i don't want you getting all upset and accidentally catching a finger in your blower, that wouldn't b good......due i'm just messing around...I like sour grapes by the way and i'm not over it...just laugh man, way too serious
Get a finger caught in the blower? As if that's even possible.

Last edited by unit213; 10-22-2004 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Regular

man u need a sense of humor or get laid, something...i was just joking with you, have a good weekend and take it easy
Old 10-22-2004, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

man u need a sense of humor or get laid, something...i was just joking with you, have a good weekend and take it easy
lmao...lol...lmao
Old 10-22-2004, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
lmao...lol...lmao
Usually what we are doing with your posts.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Stock or aftermarket it does not matter it still takes a blower to even have a chance aginst a bolt on ls1. I guess I am just bitter because I am losing one of my ls1 partners to the other side.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sshawk, put the crackpipe DOWN! That blower argument is GAY! GAY GAY GAY! If I wanted to be a ricer like you, here is what I would say........"GM had to built a 346 inch all aluminum engine to even have a chance with what ford had in mind! That's nearly 70 cubic inches more! They need that!"

Now how ******* gay does that sound?!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by sshawk1
Stock or aftermarket it does not matter it still takes a blower to even have a chance aginst a bolt on ls1. I guess I am just bitter because I am losing one of my ls1 partners to the other side.
Have you run your car at the track lately.

sshawk, put the crackpipe DOWN! That blower argument is GAY! GAY GAY GAY! If I wanted to be a ricer like you, here is what I would say........"GM had to built a 346 inch all aluminum engine to even have a chance with what ford had in mind! That's nearly 70 cubic inches more! They need that!"

Now how ******* gay does that sound?!
He's not a ricer. He is just ******* with me. Relax.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Brandon are you sure you want to join the mustang club with people like him? No argument here just fact.
please explain how I am a Ricer and whats up with the crack pipe commit?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:11 PM
Teching In

by the way 5.8 what does your car run at the track?
Old 10-22-2004, 09:13 PM
Staging Lane

Stock or aftermarket it does not matter it still takes a blower to even have a chance aginst a bolt on ls1.
Funny you should make that statement,
because I know of plenty of Mach 1's that compete pretty darn well with bolt-on LS1's.
No blower necessary...
Old 10-22-2004, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Angus66
Funny you should make that statement,
because I know of plenty of Mach 1's that compete pretty darn well with bolt-on LS1's.
No blower necessary...
Old 10-22-2004, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

by the way 5.8 what does your car run at the track?

ahh, my car's slow, just another POS cobra

I said put the crackpipe down because of the argument you were making about blower bla bla bla, no personal attack intended .

I called you a ricer because you said that the cobra has a blower, so take the blower off or whatever to make it an even playing field. That is something a ricer would say about an 8 cylinder