Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Evo VIII Kill...Viper trailing

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo VIII Kill...Viper trailing

So it all starts when I'm at the Gas Station, I'm watchin the road and see a SRT4 go bye, i'm like damn I'm always going the wrong way or pumping gas! Just seconds later, a Silver Evo 8 goes bye, and he give me a friendly; full throttle and let off, letting me acknowledge the presents of his turbo....now i'm furious thats two! So I hop in and chase, but of course catch ever light. As I head North, hear comes the Evo south, so I pull in the closest lot to turn around...to my amazement a Viper is turning around at the same time across the street?! i'm like is he turning for me? the evo? what?....so he goes and I pull hard to caught up and give him a rev, I drop to second and pull hard past his car lettin him know this ain't some kid with a stock camaro wasting his time but he just smiles? we get a light so i'm flippin out here, my girlfriend is trying to comprehend what I know might happen!? but to my dissappiont he wasn't intrested, he just asked how I got my car to sound so good (lopy cam, true duals) so I tell him it has a 383 and ****. He just strolls off the light and we cruise for about a mile, but as soon as we hit the three lane stretch the Evo comes from behind us? (he must of stopped and waited) He shoots bye and pulls back to cruise with us...I bet it looked pretty cool from the store view...Z28, Viper, Evo...now comes the good part...he pulls ahead a little but then hangs back for light, so I do too, and all three of us are going like 10mph waiting for this light to turn red...lol and finally it did....now i'm REALLY pumped cuz I know this Evo wants to goes...the third lane was a turn only so the Viper was behind me.....my hearts was racing and **** when I hear.....HONEY! my girlfriedd says, LOOK!...Its a cop waiting on the other side of the light....! you gotta be shittin me! I can't believe it, finally a good race and he ruins (it).....hold on whats this....he turns on his lights and drives throught the light!!!!!!!!! That was the stupidest (or coolest) cop i've ever seen! Good for us though, so I hear the Evo holding his engine at like 2grand, so I do the same....I think i'm gonna get killed off the line....green! I pop the clutch and my 17" BFGs grip like glue!!! I launch 1 car length on him in first! I have to shift quick (3.73s) so he pulls to my door...I caught second and pull 1-2 car lengths again, then third and I can see him in my rear view mirror! Killed him from start to finish. We pulled into Cruisers PUB, and talk, he couldn't believe I stomped him from a dig, all the way through. He said it was the first times hes been beat on the street....The viper guy pulls in and says it was like watchin Fast and the Furious, sparks fly from my low *** exhaust everytime I shifted....ALL in All it was a kick *** night!!!!!!!! I want the Viper next!
Old 10-26-2004, 03:48 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

kool story. nice kill
Old 10-26-2004, 05:19 AM
Teching In

nicely done
Old 10-26-2004, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one of the better stories I've read in this forum. Nice kill. I don't have DR's, but I've learned that I actually launch better with a passenger, than by myself. Way to take that EVO off the line (the only place it has a chance).
Old 10-26-2004, 06:18 AM
STF Veteran

Great story, and even better kills. Cograts. Stroked LT's sound unbelievably bad ***.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:30 AM
STF Veteran

Great story/ kill.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Teching In

Good story/kill. I have raced a modded Evo VIII on the highway before in my 98 GT, it was pretty close but the 98 GT was the victor!
Old 10-26-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

That is the best story i ever heard on here. It actually had my blood pumping like i was driving the stroker!!! Wish the viper guy jumped in. Very nice kill/story. Thanks for getting my blood pumping. Now i have to chew on some rice to kill the adrenaline from the story... Thanks ALOT 93turbo
Old 10-26-2004, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Nice Kill!!! and story!!!

Just curious, why is your name turboLT1, when you don't have one, or do you, and just don't have it in your sig? Did you have one at one point? Anywho, GREAT story...
Old 10-26-2004, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Nice kill and story
Old 10-26-2004, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

Great story but yeah I was wondering the same thing as Kevin, and my name is also Kevin. Why is your name turboLT1??
Old 10-26-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Great story but yeah I was wondering the same thing as Kevin, and my name is also Kevin. Why is your name turboLT1??
But im cooler...
Old 10-26-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Resident

probably, I'm kinda over the hill nowadays, lol.
Old 10-26-2004, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Best story i ever heard, by the way nice kills
Old 10-26-2004, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

Sorry, I shoulda added that the Evo had a KN CAI, and a upgraded Blowoff Valve. I don't wanna get any crap about that later...

I know it is kinda weird that my name is 93turbolt1, but there is an explanation. Well I kinda got carried away with my engine build up (in my mind, i'm sure we all do... ) and saw the STS rear mounted turbo setups on the net. I wanted to have a turbo and this didn't seem that hard to build myself...which it isn't really but it ended up involving more money then my bank account could squeeze out. I got carried away on Ebay, bought a turbo, boost gauge and boost controller....and thats about it...LOL! Then I join'd LS1tech and thought of this name, so I guess its just out of date.
Old 10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Great story. Good kill.
Old 10-26-2004, 11:42 PM
Teching In

Not to burst your bubble but if that is all he had in the Evo then you just beat a totally stock Evo by 1-2 lengths, also 2 grand launch in an Evo ain't ****. you need to tach then up to 6000-6500 Rpms with a quick slip. 1.6-1.7 all day long.Race a highly modified one, they are a handful.Congrats on the kill, good drivin.

Shane
Old 10-27-2004, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99badta
Not to burst your bubble but if that is all he had in the Evo then you just beat a totally stock Evo by 1-2 lengths, also 2 grand launch in an Evo ain't ****. you need to tach then up to 6000-6500 Rpms with a quick slip. 1.6-1.7 all day long.Race a highly modified one, they are a handful.Congrats on the kill, good drivin.

Shane

Looks likes all I have to do is get some 26x11x15 MT's, and a quicker reaction time, and I'm even with your Evo, and thats with stock heads, pump gas, and a "blind" tune.... ....you know I have to F#$% with you...drivin rice and all....jeesh even sold the TA
Old 10-27-2004, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93turboLT1

Looks likes all I have to do is get some 26x11x15 MT's, and a quicker reaction time, and I'm even with your Evo, and thats with stock heads, pump gas, and a "blind" tune.... ....you know I have to F#$% with you...drivin rice and all....jeesh even sold the TA
Uh oh here we go I knew this would be coming . I am not downing your ride by any means, as you know I had A TA but needed four doors and bad weather traction hence the Evo. This car is good for an 11.8-12.0 as times were run in in less than ideal conditions. I have trapped 115 in quarter and buddy went 12.001 @117 2 weeks ago with similar setup, I am a way better driver so we will see this Friday night. As far as my car goes it is getting a t3/t04s turbo installed within a month, should be good for 450 AWHPand run mid 11's on pump, on race fuel should be around 525-550 awhp and good for mid to high 10's . I will find out pretty soon.All in all both cars are way different and set up right are hell to deal with on the street. I would love to run a highly modified LS1 or LT1 no nitrous just to see the outcome. I still regard the LS1 as a measuring stick for performance when comparing my car or any car for that matter. Oh by the way I am as far away from being a ricer that you can be. Honestly I am impressed with your times, not bad for a 93 LT1.

Shane
Old 10-27-2004, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99badta
Uh oh here we go I knew this would be coming . I am not downing your ride by any means, as you know I had A TA but needed four doors and bad weather traction hence the Evo. This car is good for an 11.8-12.0 as times were run in in less than ideal conditions. I have trapped 115 in quarter and buddy went 12.001 @117 2 weeks ago with similar setup, I am a way better driver so we will see this Friday night. As far as my car goes it is getting a t3/t04s turbo installed within a month, should be good for 450 AWHPand run mid 11's on pump, on race fuel should be around 525-550 awhp and good for mid to high 10's . I will find out pretty soon.All in all both cars are way different and set up right are hell to deal with on the street. I would love to run a highly modified LS1 or LT1 no nitrous just to see the outcome. I still regard the LS1 as a measuring stick for performance when comparing my car or any car for that matter. Oh by the way I am as far away from being a ricer that you can be. Honestly I am impressed with your times, not bad for a 93 LT1.

Shane
DAMN, how are U holding the tranny together?????? I have always heard that is there weakest link. Mostly with those High rev clutch dumps.