Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 GT's learn the hard way

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 GT's learn the hard way

A couple nights back I decided to go for a cruise on the way home from night school. I ended up on the hunt. I was passing 5-0's left and right, so I was kinda weary about finding a race. Then with no luck, I headed home. Decided at the last minute to go for one quick trip back up Lee Trevino street. Still no action, so I headed home. On the way back I end up at a light headed south. I see FOUR mustangs come out from nowhere headed north on same street. One 5.0, a 95ish GT and two late model GT's. The light turns green (they never came to a stop) and all 4 proceed to take off playing tag. So naturally I wanted to play.

This after a SERIOUS dry spell. I take the next u turn availible and take chase. I end up catching only the two late model GT's. One yellow and the other shadow grey. And of all places to get caught at a light... about half a block from a police substation. **** it. I don't think they ever saw me roll up, cause the dude in the yellow GT sure as hell was surprised to see me next to him. I was behind the grey one in the far right lane as they took off, and ended up in the far left lane of a three lane road. Next light, the grey GT in the far right lane, me far left. Green light pops and the GT loses about a hundred miles of rubber crossing the intersection. ******* rookie. I walk mine out and 1-2 shift, I got his nose at my door. 2-3 shift and he's in my blind spot about a car and a half between our bumpers. Don't run out third cause a turn in the road. I turn on to the next major street, Montana, headed east.

The yellow GT wanted some now. I roll thru keeping it in first from about a 20 roll or so. Give him the punch. 1-2 shift we're even. 2-3 shift and the boy must have pulled his e-brake. Run out third to make my point and brake check this guy so he knows I'm ending it.

Both roll up and give me thumbs up, which I return. Next light I roll my windows down, but they only have their windows down to talk to each other. I hear the yellow GT say "That ****** smoked me!" Look across the to the gas station and see TWO troopers gassing up. That's about all I got to say about that....
Old 11-02-2004, 01:37 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
2-3 shift and the boy must have pulled his e-brake.

Good stang kills.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:11 AM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

talk about some funny ****!!

i've ran a bunch of gt's, and i always try to give them the punch but they must not understand the concept of, lets get beside him before we punch it. i guess they know they are going to get ripped but oh well.

best race i've had with a gt was my buddies 99. he's got all kinda bolt ons and 3.73 gears, plus its a 5 speed. he went 12.89 at the track on little bitty slicks which boosted his gearing to about 4.11 lol. i ran him from about a 25 roll and crept away from him untill about 90-95ish. his car runs damn good for what he's done to it. at the track one night, he hit a 1-2 shift on the slicks and the cd player flew out of the dash!!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

funny posts, Good kill
Old 11-04-2004, 01:50 AM
TECH Regular

Good kills. Its sometime saddens me when I race other newer stangs(na). Now I know what you LS1 guys are thinking when you move in for the kill....easy prey. Then again, it makes me feel better knowing how much my car has improved.

But NOTHING beats seeing the face on an LS1 car when he gets beat by a lil ol gt.
Old 11-04-2004, 06:24 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
at the track one night, he hit a 1-2 shift on the slicks and the cd player flew out of the dash!!
LOL
Old 11-04-2004, 06:39 PM
z98
TECH Fanatic

Good kills. Its sometime saddens me when I race other newer stangs(na). Now I know what you LS1 guys are thinking when you move in for the kill....easy prey. Then again, it makes me feel better knowing how much my car has improved.
Your car would put a good beating on most street cars!
Old 11-04-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z98
Your car would put a good beating on most street cars!

Though thats mostly true, it appears Cobras have really changed things, for the worse. No doubt I'm a ford guy but those cars have really put a dent in street racing. I have quite a few friends with them and they all make over 450rwhp. One will put down over 800rwhp and drove it to Dallas recently They can get in the 11s with ease and have no problems as a daily driver. However, when racing one you can generally subtract 50rwhp due to their wieght and IRS. Just complaining, sorry.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:54 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02PHOENIX
LOL
what was even funnier was he knocked it back in the dash with his 2-3 shift!!!