Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a Cocky 2005 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt, the "truly remarkable engine" GM designed was the LS1, the LS2 is based off the gen III. Also if all things should be equal. Take the mach 1 and give it an extra 1.1 litres and see who walks away.

Just a couple points I wanted to make. Peace.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Angus66
Funny, I ran faster than your SS (13.4 @ 104 mph w/2.19 60' time) when my Mach was completely stock...

... so which foot is in your big mouth now???
is your car an auto or a man?

BC that will make a difference
Old 02-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Matt SS
is your car an auto or a man?

BC that will make a difference
My car is a 5-spd, but I don't see why that has any bearing on the discussion...
Old 02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Angus66
My car is a 5-spd, but I don't see why that has any bearing on the discussion...
Actually it would and ill tell u why. The Auto stock SS does not go as fast as a M6 bc chevy put lower gearing in manual. 3.42 vs 3.23, also the tremic has tighter gearing internaly. Thats why when MM and FF tested the six speed SS vs the 03 Cobra they were able to get a 13.2 out of it. I dont know it for a fact but im pretty sure ford does the same with its autos.
Old 02-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Matt SS
Actually it would and ill tell u why. The Auto stock SS does not go as fast as a M6 bc chevy put lower gearing in manual. 3.42 vs 3.23, also the tremic has tighter gearing internaly. Thats why when MM and FF tested the six speed SS vs the 03 Cobra they were able to get a 13.2 out of it.
So you're saying that your SS is slow because it's an auto?

Hhhmmnnn... you never specified that the LS1 had to be paired with a manual transmission to be "unbeatable"

Your post also says that someone else (MM&FF) ran 13.2 in a manual SS,
which is faster than the 13.4 my car ran (during my 1st time to the track with the car, on a hot/humid September day) right?

Well, since we're magazine racing (which I tend to dislike BTW), that same magazine (MM&FF) ran a 13.15 @ 105 mph in an '03 Mach 1. 5.0 Magazine ran a 13.19 @ 106.7 mph as well.

Sounds pretty damn close (equal in fact ) to me...

Outside of magazines, great drivers at good tracks have run 12.9's - 13.0's in completely stock Mach 1's - ET's that are just like the last F-Body cars BTW.
Old 02-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

blah , blah , blah thats all I can see sounds like the same ols sh*t over and over, just differnet words, I have a good one keep in mind I am a chevy owner just not an ls1 but never the less chevy thru and thru thats all I buy.

It is just as easy to say chevy copped out by not putting a supercharger on their cars when they knew ford was going to using them, its all hogwash anyway, if you agree to race someone regardless if there car is stock or fully built , you agreed to the race no if ands or buts about it. Add a supercharger to yours and call it stock who cares . On race day its all about whats under your hood at that point in time, If you and I race tommorrow I could complain because your car was built with 3000 lbs less weight than mine but didnt I have to agree to the race to get beat in the first place, if you think a supercharger is NOT STOCK when it was delivered from the factory that way then you will never have STOCK V STOCK race with anyone

All cars are built to different specs,superchargers are no differnet than gears, tranny's, engines, headers, they are all designed to add or reduce power depending on the manufacturers choice. not triing to flame this thing any more than it already is just my 02 worth.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by davew72
blah , blah , blah thats all I can see sounds like the same ols sh*t over and over, just differnet words, I have a good one keep in mind I am a chevy owner just not an ls1 but never the less chevy thru and thru thats all I buy.

It is just as easy to say chevy copped out by not putting a supercharger on their cars when they knew ford was going to using them, its all hogwash anyway, if you agree to race someone regardless if there car is stock or fully built , you agreed to the race no if ands or buts about it. Add a supercharger to yours and call it stock who cares . On race day its all about whats under your hood at that point in time, If you and I race tommorrow I could complain because your car was built with 3000 lbs less weight than mine but didnt I have to agree to the race to get beat in the first place, if you think a supercharger is NOT STOCK when it was delivered from the factory that way then you will never have STOCK V STOCK race with anyone

All cars are built to different specs,superchargers are no differnet than gears, tranny's, engines, headers, they are all designed to add or reduce power depending on the manufacturers choice. not triing to flame this thing any more than it already is just my 02 worth.
thank god sombody has some sense in this thread....and yea very tru about how u said when u agree to race...**** thats a chance u take...u dont know if the other person is stock or not ...u took the chance on possibly getting raped or raping by the verbal agreement....so dont act like a bitch if u get beat...alot worse could come outta the deal BELIVE ME