Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I Thought Mach 1 Are Fast

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idon"t think so!

Originally Posted by dan03mach
I would agree with you about a stock GT being slow, but what is slow about a stock car that runs any where from 13.1's-13.5's bone stock.. If I'm not mistaken that is what stock LS1 F-bodys run.. You can think what you want but they are plenty fast for being stock and only costing about 24K... So what did your SS run bone stock at the track??? What do you mean what had happend to them since 94?? 94's are turds they have a 200 hp 302 and run what 15 sec. 1/4's...
You are mistaken. In good weather a stock LS1 will go high 12s
Old 03-10-2005, 04:59 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs up Yep!

Originally Posted by cantdrv65
With the driver removed from the equation: Stock for stock an M6 Ls1 makes more power and is both faster and quicker.... In my experience they are not equals... The '98 model Ls1s and Machs do stack up very close, however the gap widens when you compare the 01's and up.....
I could"nt agree more!
Old 03-10-2005, 05:29 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nocturnal SS
You are mistaken. In good weather a stock LS1 will go high 12s

1 out of 100 stock LS1 will go high 12's.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

... a side note ... went to get my Nitto's mounted last Saturday ... heavyset 17 y.o. kid (as I'm in the shop bay getting ready to get in my car and drive away) says, "Hey, I know who you are." Goes on to say that I beat him racing the other day. I said, "Well, were you picking on me? I usaually don't mess with anyone unless they mess with me first."

Kid says, "Well, I guess I was. I came up and rev'd my soup'd up Honda Civic at you and you took off and left me sitting there. I thought I could catch you. My car's pretty fast". So, he leaves me standing there silently waiting for an answer, so, I give him one, "Buddy, stop running around town picking on poeple until you get your car beefed up. One day I'll see you out and I'm sure you'll give me a run for my money. By the way, you didn't do bad that day". Dude says, "****, you killed me man ... you killed me dead". I said, "Try and lose some weight". Kid says, "It's hereditery". I said, "No dude, try losing weight off you car." Then he snickered and went back to changing tires.

Last edited by JEB99TA; 03-10-2005 at 05:42 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Venkman
To my experience, machs arent quite even with ls1's stock vs stock and mod for mod. A friends wont trap higher than 106 with o/r x, pulleys, intake, and chip. Several different people have driven it. And not to mention beating one on a 150 shot from a low roll. No doubt most come out of the hole pretty frickin hard though... Driver is a large factor in Machs.
So you're saying you ran a Mach 1 that had a 150-shot on it & you won?

Doesn't sound at all right since you only run 12.5X in the 1/4.

A Mach 1 with a 150-shot should run high very high 11's or faster with no other mods if traction is available.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:45 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You Mustang guys make me laugh. I worked for Ford, I drove all three and get over it. LS1 guys do not get upset as you guys do about this crap. Just let me ask you guys one freakin question. Why did Ford put a s/c on the Mach 1 and call it a Cobra? It is overkill just to keep up with GM small block tech. That is how far behind Ford is. They dont want to admit a screw up. Before the LS1 was made when Ford was going the OHC route, GM did the Black Vette test. They put in a OHV motor in a Vette and an OHC and let people beat on them and vote. Every single vote went for the pushrod engine. Not a single vote for the OHC. Ford neglected this and dove right in to OHC and thus the 96 4.6 was born. Stupid. Stupid. You guys feel fuzzy b/c you need a s/c to beat basic GM technology and hard work= LS1, go ahead. You do realize boys that an LS1 with a Vortec or Procharger or etc, will wipe you clean off the road. Do the same exact mods and same deal. Grow up. Oh and did you see the new 05 GT actually goes like 145mph. Id shoot myself. An LS1 shuts off fuel at 162mph. Sleep tight, this will go on forever. I dont see Mach 1 or GT motors being placed in hotrods near LS1's. Other people must see it this way too, an LS1 has no match...except LS2...LS6....LS7 .................Im done.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You Mustang guys make me laugh. I worked for Ford, I drove all three and get over it. LS1 guys do not get upset as you guys do about this crap. Just let me ask you guys one freakin question. Why did Ford put a s/c on the Mach 1 and call it a Cobra? It is overkill just to keep up with GM small block tech. That is how far behind Ford is. They dont want to admit a screw up. Before the LS1 was made when Ford was going the OHC route, GM did the Black Vette test. They put in a OHV motor in a Vette and an OHC and let people beat on them and vote. Every single vote went for the pushrod engine. Not a single vote for the OHC. Ford neglected this and dove right in to OHC and thus the 96 4.6 was born. Stupid. Stupid. You guys feel fuzzy b/c you need a s/c to beat basic GM technology and hard work= LS1, go ahead. You do realize boys that an LS1 with a Vortec or Procharger or etc, will wipe you clean off the road. Do the same exact mods and same deal. Grow up. Oh and did you see the new 05 GT actually goes like 145mph. Id shoot myself. An LS1 shuts off fuel at 162mph. Sleep tight, this will go on forever. I dont see Mach 1 or GT motors being placed in hotrods near LS1's. Other people must see it this way too, an LS1 has no match...except LS2...LS6....LS7 .................Im done.
The reason you don't see Cobra engines in hotrods is they are much more expensive than an LS1. Not because they somehow suck.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Well a supercharger alone is 3k or more so of course that will drive the price on a motor way up.

Look at this motor this cost them a little over 8k to build and pumps out over 1000 hp at 11.4 psi and I am sure it could handle a hell of alot more tell me you woudn't want this in your car hehehe
Attached Thumbnails I Thought Mach 1 Are Fast-0403sc_fairground_27_z.jpg  

Last edited by 02BlueFormula; 03-10-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Teching In

I dont know I think mach ones a nice cars but when I am at the street races and line up against one,that is equally modded They are no match. I put 3-4 cars on them by 120.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02BlueFormula
I dont know I think mach ones a nice cars but when I am at the street races and line up against one,that is equally modded They are no match. I put 3-4 cars on them by 120.
what state?

I know us texas boys can drive! ls1 or mach. On the streets I have been beat by 1 ls1 and it was a blue 1 in friendswood and he busted my ***. I think you have picked some bad ones. Its a driver race. It matters alot about the car because I have ran into some fast ls1's and some slow one's just like you with the mach's. so its a good race!..fun
Old 03-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Launching!

Mach 1 , apples to apples give me a ls1 anytime, by brother in law has 2003 cobra and I pulled him by 3 car lenghts to 110 and a mach 1 is sooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwww
Old 03-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Launching!

I have a friend that has a cobra and his best time is like a 13.0 and mine is a 12.4.... so back to the driver.....
Old 03-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Thank u

o/r-pipe, mufflers, and a shifter

Still far from a LS1

I'm slow
Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

this is one of the stupidest posts I have ever read.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Diolar Magnum
this is one of the stupidest posts I have ever read.
I'm with you

get real
Old 03-11-2005, 01:44 AM
11 Second Club

Thumbs down Sorry

Originally Posted by unit213

1 out of 100 stock LS1 will go high 12's.
Dude, do you ever go to the drag strip ?
Where did you get your information at Road and track magazine?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Nocturnal SS
Dude, do you ever go to the drag strip ?
Where did you get your information at Road and track magazine?

Where do I get my information? How about my own personal LS1, 50 friends that have (or had) them, and 30,000 members here. Dumbass.

LS1's are NOT high 12 second cars stock. They are mid to low 13 second cars in stock trim. There are a few high 12's out there, but not very many.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:36 AM
Administrator

You sir are a moron.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Can you elaborate on this? Did the de-tune the engine? If those numbers of 240 are correct, that would seem like an awfully large drivetrain loss for the auto, even if it was a lackuster performer.
Its true. The highest dyno for an auto mach 1 I have saw is 253 RWHP. This is out of a MM&FF. M5s dyno MUCH higher.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:18 AM
12 Second Club

That makes so much sense. I mean **** 360-390 RWHP stock from a Cobra is just a dog