Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I Thought Mach 1 Are Fast

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nocturnal SS
Dude, do you ever go to the drag strip ?
Where did you get your information at Road and track magazine?
I was going to reply with my own dragstrip experiences, but unit213 pretty much said it all already...

Originally Posted by unit213

Where do I get my information? How about my own personal LS1, 50 friends that have (or had) them, and 30,000 members here. Dumbass.

LS1's are NOT high 12 second cars stock. They are mid to low 13 second cars in stock trim. There are a few high 12's out there, but not very many.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:14 AM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
That makes so much sense. I mean **** 360-390 RWHP stock from a Cobra is just a dog
oh MAN that is SO SLOW!! Ford really fucked THAT one up!
Old 03-11-2005, 09:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think more LS1's would have run 12's if more people ran them at Englishtown; where a good deal of the 12 second LS1 ran.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
I think more LS1's would have run 12's if more people ran them at Englishtown; where a good deal of the 12 second LS1 ran.
I would agree, but then you could also say that about Mach 1's too:

"Run car "X" at one of the fastest tracks in the country & you'll get the best times possible out of the car."
Old 03-11-2005, 10:08 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey UNIT, kinda know what that means.... Don't get all upset at me, you bought the Ford that we could not sell at the dealership in Plantation, Fl. Watch what I tell you, every fast...or quick car that will come from ford will have to have a Supercharger! That was all this statement was about. Remove your supercharger and you say you have a chance with an LS1?? Why won't ford help out and produce some great n/a engines? Lighting S/C, Cobra S/C, GT S/C see a patern?? Any GM's have one...Cobalt...! Good day, keep it going I'm sure.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:19 AM

As far as 12's stock, at West Palm I ran my car STOCK, down to the filter with 22k on it and with a 2.6 60ft, 13.3 @ 106.9. That's a 12 with a full tank and decent shifting. Only got one run in then because a Mustang ate it and shut us down.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
As far as 12's stock, at West Palm I ran my car STOCK, down to the filter with 22k on it and with a 2.6 60ft, 13.3 @ 106.9. That's a 12 with a full tank and decent shifting. Only got one run in then because a Mustang ate it and shut us down.
What kind of times you runnin with that H/C(and what were the conditions)? I just got finished installing a very similar setup last night....gonna fire her up tonight or tomorrow
Old 03-11-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 93transam
"Stone stock" right?
No, I put a "Tornado" on it. Now it runs mid 12's......
Old 03-11-2005, 02:00 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...

Originally Posted by stone4779
No, I put a "Tornado" on it. Now it runs mid 12's......
lolol
Old 03-11-2005, 04:35 PM

Im gettin 4 electric superchargers too....easy 9's.....

The H/C set up is more than I actually thought it would be. Easy install and wild power, but you need to turn your rev limiter up to 6800+ if you got the dual springs. With the 59cc heads I swapped out plugs for a TR6 and swear I felt 15 more HP. Then just tuned it and raised the rev to 6800 to be good and safe and it pulls past that Im sure, it pulls then BAM limiter. I want a T-rex I think. Good luck with the H/C, break in the springs though, heat cycle. See ya.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Hey UNIT, kinda know what that means.... Don't get all upset at me, you bought the Ford that we could not sell at the dealership in Plantation, Fl. Watch what I tell you, every fast...or quick car that will come from ford will have to have a Supercharger! That was all this statement was about. Remove your supercharger and you say you have a chance with an LS1?? Why won't ford help out and produce some great n/a engines? Lighting S/C, Cobra S/C, GT S/C see a patern?? Any GM's have one...Cobalt...! Good day, keep it going I'm sure.
What a complete moron. who cares how its fast. fast = fast. I am sure ford could put out any engine they wanted to. they have thier own reasons for a SC car, just like GM has their own reasons for a N/A car.

I love when people say how stupid Ford or GM is, yet they wonder why they are a janitor at some stupid ford dealership. Since your intelligence is so superior..why don't you join ford and show them whats up? I am sure you could make a fortune with your infinate wisdom of N/A big cubed engines.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
Can you elaborate on this? Did the de-tune the engine? If those numbers of 240 are correct, that would seem like an awfully large drivetrain loss for the auto, even if it was a lackuster performer.
The auto transmission in the Mach I is the same as in my 00 GT (4R70W). There is a 20-23% drivetrain loss . This is why I wouldn't use an unmodded auto trans. Also, the Mach I auto has its rev limiter set much lower than in the manual cars. With a 4v engine that breaths very well on the top end, this is not a good thing.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as 12's stock, at West Palm I ran my car STOCK, down to the filter with 22k on it and with a 2.6 60ft, 13.3 @ 106.9.
Are you guys honestly going to let this bullshit ride?

So on a 1.9 60' your car would've run a 12.2-12.3 bone stock huh?

I thought LS1's were 12 second cars stock? Seem to me that you ran a 13 just like I said. You have to actually RUN the number to claim it.

Allow me to reiterate...

Dumbass.

Let me know if you ever come to Michigan. I'll show you a couple of 1600hp N/A 'stangs.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

As far as 12's stock, at West Palm I ran my car STOCK, down to the filter with 22k on it and with a 2.6 60ft, 13.3 @ 106.9. That's a 12 with a full tank and decent shifting.
Just for comparison, I ran my completely stock Mach 1 at the track with 700 miles on it, and one of my 1st few runs was a 13.4 @ 104+ mph with a 2.19 60' time.

Simply getting a 1.90 60' - which is quite possible with good driving & track prep - can easily = 12.9X ET.

Remove your supercharger and you say you have a chance with an LS1?? Why won't ford help out and produce some great n/a engines? Lighting S/C, Cobra S/C, GT S/C see a patern??
Sounds like I had "a chance" beating you in the 1/4 when my Mach was stock - no supercharger needed...
Old 03-11-2005, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Angus66
I would agree, but then you could also say that about Mach 1's too:

"Run car "X" at one of the fastest tracks in the country & you'll get the best times possible out of the car."
Agreed on that point as well. I have seen a couple very very low 13 second stock machs here at e-town.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:22 AM
9 Sec. Club!!!

Originally Posted by zamboxl
ok dude don't get me wrong but i think you need to stick with ford for now, or atleast read up alittle on f bods next time you make a stament. I mean thank you for the support but take it from an f-bod owner the 10 bolt sucks.
I'm not saying the 10 bolt don't suck, because I know alot of people that have broken them with M6's. I was just saying that one of my good freinds has a full bolt on, Trex Cam, Auto with a 8" 4600 stall in it and has run a best of 6.71@101mph on the stock 10 bolt and pulls 1.46 60fts, that he has in his car now.. Be has broken a few 10 bolts when he had a M6 in his car but hasn't broken one since he put the Turbo 350 3 speed in there.. Just about all my friends drive LS1 F-bodys and I do know what they can do and what is weak on them, and your right the 10 bolt it weak but if you have an Auto to takes away most of the stress when launching the car by preloading the rearend.. So it will handle the stress then, if you have a M6 and just dumping the clutch I can see how the 10 bolt will break.. I give all respect to the LS1's because I know that they are fast and can get very fast with minor bolt ons and cams.. Hell I'm thinking about buying one my self.. The weak part in the Machs is the Tranny and Axles.. I know because I have blown up 2 trannys already. But I up graded my rearend and I have not blew and axle yet but I have blown up 2 sets of spider gears in the rear differential, and broken a set of 4.30 gears..

Last edited by dan03mach; 03-13-2005 at 01:33 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:48 AM
TECH Resident

i think that i would like to add a little bit to this thread. I think that the machs are fast stock( i used to frequent the stang boards quite often as i had a blown GT, etc) however in my opinion the LS1 will react far better to straight bolt on mods and heads cam, i have been down the aftermarket blower route and if you dont have $$$$ to throw into it right away i think that it is nothing but trouble. An 03 is ridiculous sp? but a little too pricey for my budget.

I see that you mach guys are running low 12's which is awesome in my opinion, however it seems that the times come from all 60 foot with decent trap speeds, i think that this indicates great traction, good driving, low hp, right?

I guess what i am saying is that unless you build a RACE car that you are gonna drag with slicks and suspension that rides like ***, the ls1 SEEMS to be a better choice.

I was torn between used mach and used LS1, u see what i chose(at 19, full time college, and have to pay everything myself this seemed to be the best route) Everything that i say is honest opinion so please by all means dont flame, this is what i researched and feel it to be true.

Another funny thing is this...i go on stang boards they fear the LS1 and say it is "almost unbeatable NA" except 03 cobra(however full respect is still given) on these boards we seem to say similar things about the modulars in stock to stock respect.

Louie Panayi

BTW raced a 00ss A4 today walked him bad from a roll(BAD)...from a dig the 5 degree weather was not in my favor...lol
Old 03-13-2005, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vin1382
What a complete moron. who cares how its fast. fast = fast. I am sure ford could put out any engine they wanted to. they have thier own reasons for a SC car, just like GM has their own reasons for a N/A car.

I love when people say how stupid Ford or GM is, yet they wonder why they are a janitor at some stupid ford dealership. Since your intelligence is so superior..why don't you join ford and show them whats up? I am sure you could make a fortune with your infinate wisdom of N/A big cubed engines.

Sorry to hear you are the Janitor, but seriously, you and Unit think Ford really wants to pay the extra money adding the S/C on thier sorry motors. My opinon. So let me get this right, Ford is so super that they want to make a crap motor so they are able to add a S/C to make almost 400hp. You must be so proud. Horse power TV just had a 4.6 with long tubes and a Vortec and it put out ........286 to the rear. You gotta love Ford. M O R O N S
Old 03-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by khris93ta
Horse power TV just had a 4.6 with long tubes and a Vortec and it put out ........286 to the rear. You gotta love Ford. M O R O N S
You're quoting HPTV and we're morons? You going to tell me what car and driver says next?
Old 03-13-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone who thinks the Cobra engine is "crap" has never worked on engines before.

The older modulars were not the best compared to CSB's of the same time, but Ford built an iron block DOCH with a rock solid bottom end with heads that flow amazingly.