Evo vs LS1 Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboyferal
So you are from another planet, then...

I'm just messin'

Didn't think there was a place here in the US where domestics would be popular within a younger crowd.
gotta agree with evil dylan...all of my friends like domestics jsut as much as they like imports....and they all make fun of the ricer crowd together.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
gotta agree with evil dylan...all of my friends like domestics jsut as much as they like imports....and they all make fun of the ricer crowd together.
Yeah, so do my friends and I. But we're not that young anymore.

It seems that no late teens to early twenties guys in south Florida respect any domestic car.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

lol....how much was a optioned out firehawk? 45k+ I don't even know, but I know it was up there...how about a optioned out SS....now compare those prices to the base v6...doesn't really make since to pay (don't know how much the base firebird was)15k or more jsut for a v8 and a t-56 tranny...right? You cang et a evo rs for 27 or 28k. WRXs sound that way because it is a boxer engine..not an inline 4cyl.
So true, plus I know Dealers were jacking up the prices for WS6 when they were out. A fully optioned SS and WS6 was not cheap at all.
Old 10-01-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thats a killer EVO.

you know how to race it too.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, so do my friends and I. But we're not that young anymore.

It seems that no late teens to early twenties guys in south Florida respect any domestic car.
thats cause you have the ******* ricer invasion down there....everyone is all show no go. I knew a kid that moved from jersey..to florida for college...he had a automatic celica...and at the time i drove a 04 nissian spec v..and he kept trying to tell me his celica that was an auto and had a unpainted body kit on it would spank my spec v...I just laughed...raced him for 20 bucks at the track....he ran 17.1....I ran a 15.1. I jsut laughed my *** off....cause his excuse for losing..that bad...was that he had to much wheel spin off the line.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

thats cause you have the ******* ricer invasion down there....everyone is all show no go. I knew a kid that moved from jersey..to florida for college...he had a automatic celica...and at the time i drove a 04 nissian spec v..and he kept trying to tell me his celica that was an auto and had a unpainted body kit on it would spank my spec v...I just laughed...raced him for 20 bucks at the track....he ran 17.1....I ran a 15.1. I jsut laughed my *** off....cause his excuse for losing..that bad...was that he had to much wheel spin off the line.
Yeah, 'cause his car is a beast hunting helplessly for traction!
Old 10-02-2005, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, 'cause his car is a beast hunting helplessly for traction!

yeah..some how that 180hp...and 100lbs of torque wouldn't allow his car to hook up...lol.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Import Patrol

Originally Posted by blazinws6kush
**** that evo, a teenagers dream car!

I firmly agree with this statement. In the last 5yrs, the import performace group grew rapidly. Around here, you will find a **** load more teens driving imports, than domestic performance cars. It could be insurance reasons though.

On the other hand, evo are some nice cars, not appearence wise but overall performance wise.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

I'm gonna go out on a limb here:

I take it you don't like imports?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I just cant believe that I know who the announcer of the track is just by hearing his voice and I havent seen him in years. Im thinking of putting an evo wing on my ss so I can have some extra downforce at 100+ too.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol....how much was a optioned out firehawk? 45k+ I don't even know, but I know it was up there...how about a optioned out SS....now compare those prices to the base v6...doesn't really make since to pay (don't know how much the base firebird was)15k or more jsut for a v8 and a t-56 tranny...right? You cang et a evo rs for 27 or 28k. WRXs sound that way because it is a boxer engine..not an inline 4cyl.
Haha and I agree with you, thats why you would never see me buy a firehawk or an optioned out SLP SS brand new, I was just using the EVO MR as an example. Thats why I bought my Z28. I saw a some SS's and WS6's when i was lookin for my car but they were at least 5K over the same car with the same miles in z-28 or non-ws6 trans ams. In that post I even said that I think the EVO rs and the EVO VIII are pretty good deals, the MR is just priced on another level. I can get a new EVO RS right now for 26K due to the fact that a ton of my buddies have bought EVO's from the same dealership and the owner said he could get me an RS for about 26K, which is a hell of a deal. I believe the V6's were around 15K, and you could get a Z-28 (not optioned out) for around 22-23K. Yea I really like the sound of the WRX's, that boxer engine puts out a real sweet exhaust tone, unlike most of the 4-cylinder cars I heard with turbo-backs.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
LOL, I used to like the STi and hate the Evo, but the Evo grew on me and thats what I ended up buying I love it and the best thing is, most domestics automatically think they will kick your ***, but its nice to see the look on their face when you pull on them and then slow down and wait for them to catch up

Nice kill, I imagine it has a nice turbo upgrade
All do respect my friend but most of us here don't "automatically think" we will kick your *** just because you have an import. Most of us here are not that stupid. Don't forget, there is always somebody who is faster. Not for nothing, but A lawnmower can be set up to kick all of our asses.- imagine the look on that person's face!
Old 10-29-2005, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nascar20
All do respect my friend but most of us here don't "automatically think" we will kick your *** just because you have an import. Most of us here are not that stupid. Don't forget, there is always somebody who is faster. Not for nothing, but A lawnmower can be set up to kick all of our asses.- imagine the look on that person's face!

not "most", but i'd say 1/2 the people on these forums are closed minded asshats, but that is with every car forum..its unfortunate people can't open their eyes to all types of cars, engine and such.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Regular

^ agreed, and thats what I was trying to say. especially when I own an Evo, most people seem to think im biased towards it. I do stick up for them, but know its not the fastest car out there. Lol, BTW my Evo is for sale
Old 10-30-2005, 01:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I try not to be biased. In fact before i bought my car, an STI and a SRT-4 were in my top 5. However i was pretty much an idiot as far as cars went. ironically i wasn't even considering a camaro until i happened upon mine.

Now it seems that since i bought the car, everyone who owns a 4 or 6 banger is only too happy to tell me that my car sucks, and that their car is better because of some unknown reason. It's attitudes like that, that have made me into a diehard V8 fan. I'm not just driving my car because it was affordable and fast anymore. I'm driving it to make a point.

Seems a little overly dramatic i know, but there's a lot of attitudes that need adjusting. 1 race at a time.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:41 AM
Staging Lane

just about every kid where im from hates domestics, im about the only one who drives a v8. all i ever hears is v8's are worthless gas hogs, all they can do is go fast in a straight line, they feel like boats ect. needless to say i beat all of them, even when i was stock lol. my town is none for having fast imports, but damn there everywhere and they give no respect to v8's. i wish i still had the vid of me racing a turbo civic, they asked me what i had before the race, i told them a 97 t/a and they laughed and said "its only an lt1" as they all laughed. well they were speechless after i put bus lenghts on it.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
^ agreed, and thats what I was trying to say. especially when I own an Evo, most people seem to think im biased towards it. I do stick up for them, but know its not the fastest car out there. Lol, BTW my Evo is for sale
You should stick up for them! That's your deal and the Domestics are my deal. Rivalries are healthy in life. But, there has to be a certain level of respect for your opponents. QuikZ06, I didn't intend to flame you. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. If I had money, I would love to take that evo away from you so I could give my Z28 a well deserved rest!
Old 10-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Banned

is it just me or is there more and more evos,srt4s and so on joining a ls1 site I just dont understand the reason behind joining a Ls1 site when you know as soon as a thread is started or a vid is shown its gonna get bashed no matter what. Not trying to flame on anyone just it seems weird to me
Old 10-30-2005, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Evo sounds like ****! fast tho.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2001z
is it just me or is there more and more evos,srt4s and so on joining a ls1 site I just dont understand the reason behind joining a Ls1 site when you know as soon as a thread is started or a vid is shown its gonna get bashed no matter what. Not trying to flame on anyone just it seems weird to me

because some people like more than one type fo car..or own more than one type of car. Maybe they want to learn more about diff cars? givin..some of them are trolls, but that is every site..and i'm sure a select few people here also go to other sites to be trolls.

I jsut don't understan the " vid is shown its gonna get bashed no matter what" statement...why should their vid of a (whatever type of car) vs ls1 should automatically get bashed.