Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Hemi Owns You!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about those 1500's but I played around with a 2500 extended cab? on the highway in my mazda 3, did a couple 65-75 to 100 pulls. Whoever got the jump kept it until speeds got over ~85 and then I began to pull slightly. Nice exhaust note though
Old 03-10-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Have fun getting any decent amount on trade in when you get sick of that Ram and decide to trade for a real truck! Dodges are absolutely worthless, no offense.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Besides that, first its oh it was a stick shift and then when its brought to your attention that the stick shift versions of the Silvy's only came with 4.3's or 4.8's, dang, the last person to backpedal that fast was Micheal Jackson. When my 04 Sierra 5.3 was brand new and bone stock, I ran a Hemi Quad Cab from a roll and beat it. Now mind you it wasn't by much, I mean not much at all. But a win is a win.

Not trying to call anyone out and start a pissing match, Stealing Tib's Catch Phrase here, somethings just seem a bit exagerated here. If you did pull him, great, nice kill. I hope none of the LS1 Truck section guys here know your truck. I guarantee it will be happy hunting for them.

And its not that we hate on the Hemi, its just that a large portion of the owners are brand loyal. Normally brand loyalty is not a bad thing but some, not all, of the hemi guys have taken it to a whole new level. I know, me personally, I don't think my truck is invinsible or altoghter that fast. For what it is, I think its great and is getting better all the time. but hemi guys thing they're **** don't stink and that they're trucks are the only trucks and that they can never be beat, not by a chevy/gmc, titan, ford, nothin. I give props where props are due and no all the time that there might be a truck right around the corner that is going to run me. And I will acknoledge those runs not try to exagerate the truth or make excuses.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:33 AM
14 Second Truck Club

I haven't ran across a hemi yet i couldn't stomp.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:45 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
and yes you could order a stick with the 5.3 if u ordered it that way.... or so my uncle told me so, he manages the local chevy dealership.. he could be wrong tho..
Unfortunately your uncle is wrong. You can only get the 5 speed w/ a 4.3 V6 or a 4.8 V8.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:54 AM

Let's clear this up. The only insulting I see here is you coming on a Chevy dominated board talking trash about GM trucks. Hmmmm....pissing match???? Tib made some comments, you got irritated. If your going to come on with a kill story, at least have the facts right instead of I think it had a stick...now that I think about it, it was a 5.3....must have been an auto.....redneck.....390 gears.....etc....you don't have the correct info here and you keep changing the story to justify the kill. Let me see......the Dodge boys have nothing nice to say about GM on a Dodge board....YA THINK!?!?!?!?! Better keep an eye out for that rear axle when it it come flying out on you. Seriously ask the all knowing Hemi Gods you so well relate with. I know the truck you have. My brother just got rid of one. It was a 2004 5.7 Hemi with RCSB stripper, and it was strong. BTW, a 360 is nothing but a Magnum 5.9....not a HEMI!!! Anyway, my brothers truck ran well and pulled like a beast. It might have been able to pull a stock for stock RCSB 5.3, but I don't know since we never got the chance to set up a race. You see, he took that trade in hit and sunk even lower into the depths of Hell and got a Honda Accord. But next time you wanna post a kill story, at least have the facts right at the beginning. I gotta little 4.8 stock internal N/A Ext cab. I'll give you the move!!! LOL!!!

Flame ON!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:06 AM
TECH Veteran

Well said Greggo, I forgot to mention that about the 360 comment.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by LS1_PNYTAMR
hmm... i dunno much about truck motors' but the guy said he had it optioned to race it.. he said he had the higher hp and tq motor for the 04 1500, so whatever the hell that is, honestly, he talked so redneck i couldn't really understand half he said. im guessing it had the better gear as well to complement the motor, like 3.90 or whatever they come with.. i know my dads tahoe has 3.73's actually i think so it may have been that
!

higher HP motor means 285 hp 4.8. Gear on a stick shift = 3.23. 3.90 is not available on a 1500 2wd.

If he had cats removed, it would sound like *** on a stock motor and would not make it louder. I'm putting money on bullets or no muff at all.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:25 AM

A little axle info for you.

http://dodgetruckworld.tenmagazines.....ten?id=117049

Very scary!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

ok the dodge trucks are much better than the chevy my neighbor has had them all he owns his own concrete buisness hes had a chevy 3500 duly a ford f350 and the new dodge truck he says he loves over all of them the others were in the shop all the time and couldnt haul as much. so for what trucks are ment to do the doges are better.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Truck addict

Originally Posted by DAn95
ok the dodge trucks are much better than the chevy my neighbor has had them all he owns his own concrete buisness hes had a chevy 3500 duly a ford f350 and the new dodge truck he says he loves over all of them the others were in the shop all the time and couldnt haul as much. so for what trucks are ment to do the doges are better.
i'm happy for your neighbor. i don't think anyone here really gives a flying ***. my neighbor has a space shuttle and it gets shitty gas mileage.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Now that's some downright scientific evidence if I ever seen any...

No one said the Dodge trucks are not nice trucks. A comment about their axles yes but not that they are bad vehicles. I hang out on the Dodge boards also and they have just as many issues as the GM and Ford trucks. Hell the Titan has it's fair share of problems.

Ohh well, lets just congradulate on a good kill and call it a day.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Considering the education level you acheived by reading your post, I guess you have enlightened us all to the infinate wisdom that Dodges really are better. Go back and read the thread (if you can) and understand (if your able to) that this is not ALL Dodge trucks vs All Ford trucks vs ALL GM trucks. When you get the concept of what is being discussed, come on back and flame away.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
Now that's some downright scientific evidence if I ever seen any...

No one said the Dodge trucks are not nice trucks. A comment about their axles yes but not that they are bad vehicles. I hang out on the Dodge boards also and they have just as many issues as the GM and Ford trucks. Hell the Titan has it's fair share of problems.

Ohh well, lets just congradulate on a good kill and call it a day.

LOL!! Yes it is!! You are right, all make have their share of problems. I brought up the axles because that is down right scary and just wanted the guy to know.

As far as congradulations.....I'm for that to. But don't fluff the story with incorrect data.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Staging Lane

Considering the education level you acheived by reading your post, I guess you have enlightened us all to the infinate wisdom that Dodges really are better. Go back and read the thread (if you can) and understand (if your able to) that this is not ALL Dodge trucks vs All Ford trucks vs ALL GM trucks. When you get the concept of what is being discussed, come on back and flame away.
I know whats being discussed i just posted what the **** i wanted to dont get all mad cause u got a chevy little man its ok. I said it cause who cares how fast stock trucks are. Trucks are awsome i love them but with the exception of a few they are slow unless moded.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

As stated, you can only get a stick with a 4.3L v6 or a 4.8L v8. The only year a 5.3 was offered with a stick was in 1999. Thus, if it wasnt a 99, then it wasnt a 5.3. Keep in mind, back in 1999 the power ratings of the 5.3 was near the same as a 2000+ 4.8L. Hince, even if you beat a 99 5.3L stick.......a 2000+ 5.3L with stick (event though they didnt offer it) would be a whole other ballgame.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by GREGGO
Now thats some funny ****.

Just a question Dodge has the strongest tranny, axel, engine available in a 3500

Correct me if I'm wrong but i thought that the Allison was the baddest available stock trans for a 3500

And isnt having an axel (14bolt) that is comparible to a dana 70 one the baddest stock axels around!!!

Sooooo... What the problem is!!?? Did your neighbor try this with even the same year of vehicles!!!??? Or was it like his first chevy 3500 in 96 and then the ford 350 in 98, then the ALL MIGHTY HEMI in 2002
Old 03-10-2005, 10:29 AM

I know whats being discussed i just posted what the **** i wanted to dont get all mad cause u got a chevy little man its ok. I said it cause who cares how fast stock trucks are. Trucks are awsome i love them but with the exception of a few they are slow unless moded.
I'm not mad, but looks like you are. Maybe one day, I'll grow up to be a BIG man like you!!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL, the truck section has invaded.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GREGGO
I'm not mad, but looks like you are. Maybe one day, I'll grow up to be a BIG man like you!!!!
You are on a roll!! Thats some funny ****!!

Quick Reply: Hemi Owns You!!!!